Ryan Fitzpatrick To Miami | Page 43 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Fitzpatrick To Miami

In the last 10 years there's only been one first year HC who's gotten the #1 overall pick. Steve Wilks, who was rightfully canned. If that were to happen here you'd rightfully can Flores and that sets whatever program you establish back a year.

Arizona is a terrible franchise and hired an even worse candidate then their last one.

Arizona is a terrible franchise and hired an even worse candidate then their last one.
Flores isn't the coach who gets you #1. But if you intentionally give him a bad roster he could

Although I have hope for Flores, the circumstances in which he was hired were terrible. There were 7 or 8 openings around the league and we filled our vacancy last. Does that mean we found a gem and every other team whiffed? Given our track record over the past 20 years I find that hard to believe. Basically what I am saying is if Flores was fired, I wouldnt ball up in the fetal position. Having the first overall pick and going through the worst part of a rebuild would make the job a lot more attractive than it was last year.

Although I have hope for Flores, the circumstances in which he was hired were terrible. There were 7 or 8 openings around the league and we filled our vacancy last. Does that mean we found a gem and every other team whiffed? Given our track record over the past 20 years I find that hard to believe. Basically what I am saying is if Flores was fired, I wouldnt ball up in the fetal position. Having the first overall pick and going through the worst part of a rebuild would make the job a lot more attractive than it was last year.

Well we got the gem of the 2016 coaches - I think Gase was sought after and we were the first to hire someone. It’s all a crap shoot

img_4223-jpg.17249
G

I’m assuming you don’t know the context of what happened. He definitely did not in any way deserve to be benched the first time of the 2.
He had 3 consecutive games to start the season that literally from what he did they had his jersey framed and givin its own special corner in the nfl hall of fame. Then in the 4th game he is 11-19 for 175 yards 0 TD and 1 int. Side note- the int came 1 play after a dart he threw to the endzone for a td is called back for a stupid penalty by someone not even in same area of field. So it gets called back so 3rd and long late in half and he ends up forcing one that gets picked.
So at this point he has 1,400 yards passing, over 100.00 qbr, 12 total td, 4 int. Through 3 and 1/2 games.
Also not to mention the buccaneers defense let the bears break their all time 1st half TD record and were literally playing one of the worst defensive games I had ever seen up to this point in my life.
They were waiting for any reason at all, small or big that didn’t matter, but any reason at all to pull him and put winston in. He played so good those 1st 3 games that they had to start him in game 4 even though they didn’t want too.
So you think in a normal situation a guy that literally had the best 3 game stretch in the history of the nfl statically deserved to be benched for a 11-19 for 175 0 td 1 int half where his defense was having one of the worst halves in their team history?
Then you factor in how bad the Buccaneers defense was last year overall, it was one of the worst defenses of all time.
Several games the offense played well enough and put up enough points that 95% of the time they would have won.
Also the fact winston blew the game vs Atlanta, they probably would have won with Ryan. Then winston throws 4 int vs bengals, they throw in Ryan and in one quarter brings them from 18 down to tie it with over 200 yards passing 2td and an epic 2point conversion he got down. Then in overtime bucs defense blew it and lost them the game.
Ryan most definitely would have gotten them that win if he played whole game, so if you don’t bench him in game 4 there is an extremely high chance the Bucs would be 5-2 at this point in the season. No telling where the season could have went from there. But imagine knowing after game 3 that no matter what at literally the smallest wrong thing you do your getting pulled. That would be super hard situation to play in.

Now I’m not trying to say he isn’t an inconsistent player, he most definitely is. But when you analyze what happened last season it fell apart for him not because of his play but a many number of other things.
In 8 starts he put up almost 2,500 yards with 17 td and 100+ passer rating with the highest yard per completion at 9.6 than any other qb in the league.
He is not as “bad” as you seem to think he is. There are many things he can be criticized for referring to his play over the years, but he also has been unfairly criticized by the media and some fans over the years at times when he shouldn’t be taking the blame.
He is the epitome of a gunslinger and he plays in a way that he does have games he throws to many picks or he’s just off but he is not as bad of a qb as a lot of people think.

He’s also a class act and every teammate who has come out and talked about him has always said wonderful things about him. He’s great for the locker room. Exciting to watch, and what better guy to have a rookie come in and be mentored by. He’s someone young players can look up too.
Terrel Owens is on record saying that out of all the qbs he ever played with, Ryan Fitzpatrick threw the best ball. Little interesting fact. I’m excited to see him play this year and I believe if the dolphins draft someone in 2020 and this team is his for a season and he doesn’t have to look over his shoulder the entire time, he may surprise a lot of people and have a pretty good year.

He played an incredible three games no doubt. In the next 5 games, he threw 6 TDs and 8 Ints. The teams record was 2-6 in the games in played. Part of that is a terrible defense. He's not gonna have the luxury of a great defense here or the weapons (Or oline) he had in Tampa. No team he has played on in 14 years has ever made it to the playoffs. That's pretty amazing in itself.

Why are people trying to make Fitzpatrick anything other than what he is? He surprised people early last season because his skill set was a good match for the weapons TB had. Defenses adjusted and he returned to the journeyman QB he’s always been.

Anyone expecting anything other than that this year are in for a really long season.

He played an incredible three games no doubt. In the next 5 games, he threw 6 TDs and 8 Ints. The teams record was 2-6 in the games in played. Part of that is a terrible defense. He's not gonna have the luxury of a great defense here or the weapons (Or oline) he had in Tampa. No team he has played on in 14 years has ever made it to the playoffs. That's pretty amazing in itself.

And Jamies record was 3-6. Also funny how you credited Fitz with a loss when he came in to the game with 17 minutes left down 34-16. He threw for 194 yards and tied the game but lost on a last second field goal.

This guy is a clear upgrade from what we had and this is going to be the first exciting we have had since 2008. The defense is going to be a hell of a lot better this year with an offense that isn’t near the worst in 3 and outs and can actually score points.

I'm of the mind if you hired a half decent coach even saddled with a flawed roster he better get you at least 3 wins taking over a team coming off a 7 win team. New coach usually gets you a couple win alone. Most #1 picks go to retreads or guys who have just been with a team too long. I'm looking at you Jay Gruden.

And Jamies record was 3-6. Also funny how you credited Fitz with a loss when he came in to the game with 17 minutes left down 34-16. He threw for 194 yards and tied the game but lost on a last second field goal.

This guy is a clear upgrade from what we had and this is going to be the first exciting we have had since 2008. The defense is going to be a hell of a lot better this year with an offense that isn’t near the worst in 3 and outs and can actually score points.

Ok 2-5. Exciting stuff.

Flores won't get canned after one season even if they go 0-16. You can take that to the bank. He and Grier are tied to the hip for the long haul.

If they go 0-16 there's a good chance that Steve Ross will get a shot of glucose to the brain and fire everyone.

He may have been assured the starting spot before signing?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fitzpatrick chose Dolphins to be starting QB

Ryan Fitzpatrick is planning to be the Miami Dolphins 2019 starting quarterback, and that opportunity to start was enough for him to pick a rebuilding team over other situations with comparable money.

"The way that I view this is there's 32 of these starting gigs in the NFL, and this is one of them. The opportunity to be one of those 32 guys is an amazing privilege and honor," Fitzpatrick said. "When they approached me about signing on, I was so excited about the chance to get on the field and play."

Fitzpatrick, 36, knows he's on the back end of his career, and that's what makes this opportunity even sweeter. The idea of the Dolphins rebuilding didn't seem to bother him, and he said he had several conversations with the Dolphins about the fluidity of their quarterback situation.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26307894/fitzpatrick-chose-dolphins-starting-qb

good attitude.:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom