Ryan Fitzpatrick To Miami | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Fitzpatrick To Miami

Bingo

He's a good back up. But the Tank crowd wont be happy.

Funny

Don't look now but here's another HUGE SIGN that 2019 will be our draft for a QB...
Felt it lately and Fitz will probably be the best guy available to Tutor the new kid.

And we can win all we want with out living or dying for next years draft. Better next year to gather more building material to strengthen several areas of need....
I mean how does this go over peoples heads.... Its first signs of their actual plan... I love it, so far..

Fitz has thrown passes for 8 teams once he attempts one with us.

Lol definition of hired gun.

D6nXOt3.jpg

LOL...

That beard is going to be hot in Florida.

I'm so confused. We have this youth movement and tank-like roster all the way through. Now we have a QB that can force us to draft outside of the top 5 next year. Why?

There has been a continuing debate about 'tank' or 'rebuild.' I've even debated myself on some of these moves. I still don't see a pure tank.

Another reason I don't like this. This is pretty much a throw away season where you can see what you have with the young players. We have two young QB's and we could see if they could be worth keeping but now he's going to take all those games/spans away from them. What was the FO thinking here??
We're also going to lose a potential comp pick and last but not least, we might now lose a top 3 pick in 2020.
Are they looking for yet another 8-8 season?

I don't know how anybody can honestly be excited about this signing with a straight face.

If the goal was to tank hard enough to end up with Tua, this just ruined that, and if the goal is to make the playoffs, that's not happening either.

Literally the only way this signing makes any kind of sense is that it gives the perception that the Dolphins are trying at QB, more so than just starting someone like Falk, and then having Fitzpatrck come down with a mysterious injury in the preseason that will put him on IR. Any other scenario just makes me lose all faith in the front office.

So what gave you faith in this front office is they appeared to be going full on tank mode?

Seriously, what happens if Tua Tagovailoa decides to go back to college for another year rather than come out early? What if Jake Fromm decides to go back to college for another year? We saw Justin Herbert do the same. He decided to go back to college rather than come out in the 2019 draft class. Matt Barkley did the same. Sometimes players decide to go back to college for another year and if that happens we would have tanked for who exactly? Justin Herbert! As far as I'm concerned he is not a player to tank for.

Then there's always the possibility that these prospects don't turn out to be as good as the hype. Matt Barkley returned to college and went from a top pick contender to a mid round draft pick. Other prospects have returned to college and not improved their stock sufficiently to warrant tanking for. So while it is unlikely that Tua, Fromm or Herbert struggle and hurt their draft stock, it is at least possible that they might not be significantly better than this year's class. It all comes down to how they develop and how they project as pros.

Obviously you seem to think that tank for Tua will see this team land its superstar quarterback and answer to its Dan Marino problem, but this tanking business is risky because it doesn't bring a guarantee of success. We might get lucky and land our star like the Colts did with Andrew Luck, but equally we could end up having a high pick in a weak or lacklustre quarterback draft class. If it's a weak class what do we do, tank again? What if that's a weak class, do we tank again? Do we simply keeping tanking until we get a generational quarterback? Now that's perhaps going over the top, but this whole tank for this QB is on the basis they turn out to be as good as the hype, if they aren't that good then tanking another year is the only option unless you draft a lacklustre prospect.

I don't like this at all. There goes our top 2 pick in the 2020 draft

Not strictly true. Fitzpatrick went 2-5 with the Buccaneers and 3-8 with the Jets. Ok he has a 10-6 season with the Jets and a few 6 win seasons with Houston and Buffalo, but that goes to show how hot and cold Fitzpatrick can be as a starter. I suspect he has been brought in as a bridge quarterback or mentor to the young quarterbacks we have on the roster (or for someone we draft). I guess he could play us out of top pick consideration, but that is no guarantee if our team is not good enough to win games and/or Fitzpatrick doesn't play like Fitzmagic.

Plus, let's not jump on the tank bandwagon in the hope that there is a generational quarterback in next year's draft class. Tua is good, so is Fromm and Herbert, but are they the next great quarterbacks or are they the next so-so quarterbacks (e.g Alex Smith)? I did see Tua compared to a higher end Alex Smith, which is fine but that's not a quarterback to tank for. Now if the draft class had Lawrence in it, someone that has been compared to Peyton Manning, fair enough. But I think tanking for the 2020 group of quarterbacks offers no guarantee that we'll find our next great quarterback. We could just as easily end up with the next Bortles or Smith.

Back
Top Bottom