Ryan Fitzpatrick To Miami | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Fitzpatrick To Miami

Definitely an anti-tank move … and that's the part that has me bummed. Oh well, time to stockpile draft picks so we can trade 3 years of 1st rounders to move up and get a QB in 2020.
Bummed? U are ok with intentionally losing for draft picks? Wheres ur integrity ? Stop worrying about 2020 and live in the now. Anything can happen to any prospect next year nothing is guaranteed. I refuse to take on a loser mentality in Hope's of turning on a winning mentality.

I’m all for this hire. They needed a vet presence and they got one. I never once thought they were going to go with what they have. They needed a journeyman vet to play out this year. I was thinking either Fitz or McCown was going to be hired.

Yep, this is my thinking exactly. You need a NFL QB to compete and also bring some excitement. Luke wasn't going to give you much of that. The bonus is that Miami was able to get Ryan on an incentive laden contract. Great job.

The problem is that any team in position to take tua or Herbert are going to take them. You can’t trade up for elite qbs.
I truly understand everyone's concern and fear. But there are other QB's in 2020, who could be worth a top 5-10 pick. Both Fromm and Love are highly thought of too. There's an article on Bleacher Report that outlines all the QB's for 2020. Go take a look, the only one not mentioned is Jordan Love. But CK and others on Finheaven seem very high on him.

Am I the only one that noticed we signed Fitzmagic on St Patrick’s Day?

Clearly this is some sort of movie where Grier is 10 pints in and a fellow patron at the bar says, “Nothing short of the luck of the Irish will make the Dolphins good this century.” Cue Grier’s eyes going wide and him running out of the bar, checkbook in hand.

I refuse to sit here and be ok with intentionally or secretively losing games.. sacrificing the fan base...player development....the culture...injuries...jobs...for a top pick. Talk about having no integrity. Play to win and whatever the record is at the end we deal with that. Make deals to get who u want. Cant believe some here are on board with this way of thinking.
You're talking about developing players but yet you're ok with a 36 YO guy that will take those snaps away from two young QB's. I get your point about wanting to win now but at beast we'll win 5 or 6 games with him so middle of the pack once again. Aren't you sick of never being good enough?
This team hasn't won in 46 YEARS. Do you think is time to try something different?

Definitely an anti-tank move … and that's the part that has me bummed. Oh well, time to stockpile draft picks so we can trade 3 years of 1st rounders to move up and get a QB in 2020.

I'll mention this again...we are going to have a new coaching staff and a bunch of young players. We need someone at least competent at QB to be able to evaluate the rest of the personnel and give the staff a chance to develop as well.

Otherwise, everyone should just go on vacation until we have our future QB.

The team was ready to sign Tyrod Taylor and Teddy Bridgewater just a few days ago, yet people are surprised they signed Fitzpatrick? I don’t get it. The signs were there for a vet QB to bridge the gap in 2019 and 2020.

Everytime I see someone make a post saying this doesn't help the tank or this doesn't make sense. I just laugh because clearly some have their own agenda on what the dolphins are gonna do when they clearly both gm and coach said we are not tanking we are trying to win. What else do u need to get this idea out of your head. Its not even a great idea. It guarantees nothing. Not really a fan of Ryan Fitzpatrick but we needed a decent qb that was better than Ryan.

Tanking is like a viral instant gratification drug that some fans are on and I agree, it is quite comical.

Even if Miami somehow finishes with 5-6 wins, they've acquired a good amount of draft picks in 2020 to possibly trade up? It's just thinking about the worst case scenario with Fitzpatrick under center, meaning more wins then originally thought. I truly believe Miami is going to trade down from #13. The 2019 draft is deep and they could get more ammunition for 2020 in doing so? Fitzpatrick isn't going to change the plan, except adding win or two more.
This team currently doesn't have any ammunition to get into the top two picks in next year's draft. It takes extra first and second round picks to move up in the top two to take a qb, and that's only an option if one of those top two teams don't need a qb also. This move makes no sense on so many levels. What's the goal? To rebuild with a young qb or to win as many games as possible? This move accomplishes neither one of those goals.

Well, ****...

With our line he may not survive more then a few games so we have that going for us.

Back
Top Bottom