Ryan Fitzpatrick To Miami | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Fitzpatrick To Miami

Bummed? U are ok with intentionally losing for draft picks? Wheres ur integrity ? Stop worrying about 2020 and live in the now. Anything can happen to any prospect next year nothing is guaranteed. I refuse to take on a loser mentality in Hope's of turning on a winning mentality.
Integrity?

I grew up watching the Dolphins dominate. Don Shula was the winningest coach ever, and only had like 1 or 2 losing seasons ever. I LIKED winning. But since then I've endured two decades of stupidity who continually tried to patch what we had and build on a shaky foundation. These years have not been pleasant nor satisfactory. Integrity demands we build something fresh from the ground up. Integrity suggests we stop being satisfied perpetually churning patch-jobs to stay mediocre. Integrity means I'm willing to accept temporary suckitude to have a chance of building something great.

I like Ryan Fitzpatrick, but he's not the answer. He's never going to bring the Dolphins back to Super Bowl contention. We need a great QB. Look at the percentages … we've not been successful EVER outside of the 1st round, and the chances of finding an elite QB go up dramatically as you get closer to the top of the draft. Next year has 3 of those guys, and I WANT the Dolphins to get one of them. The only way to guarantee that is to tank for a year. If we have alignment of the owner, GM, and Head Coach, that might be possible. But if we start Fitzpatrick, it's not going to happen.

My integrity tells me that accepting decades of doing the same thing and accepting the same failures is wrong. We need to do something different. Albert Einstein's definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. I'm done expecting a different result. After decades of new patch job after new patch job … I'm ready to build something. And yes, that means I'm ready to accept the temporary pain of tanking for one year to get the resources to build something special.

There are different ways to look at this @napsndreds and my viewpoint is more like "No Pain No Gain" and after avoiding the pain for a couple of decades, I'm ready to accept the pain for the gain. It's not lack of integrity, it's a different point of view, that's all.

You must remember this is a new coaching staff...they need to develop their play-calling and game situation skills. We need at least competency out there at QB to do that.

ABSOLUTLY!

This was a predictable way for the FO to go and as good as any other FA QB pick that was out there.

By making this selection, the Front Office is assuring themselves a base level of competence at the QB position. Can't you see that?

How well our current and future QB selections will pan out is something we do not know. If one of those QB's turns out to be our future we are in good shape. If not, we are prepared for the 2020 draft and have a functional team until then.

This is how thinking and planning pay off as opposed to trusting all the hyperbole (which should probably be hyper-bull) and "winning the off season" or relying on the performance of a draft pick to pan out to get you to the playoffs. Otherwise you are "cutting off your nose to spite your face".

I have to admit, I'm enjoying watching "the lemmings go wild" on this thread. With luck, they'll run out of "LEMMING juice" (LEMMON juice, get it?) and return to being rationale, logical fans.

Hey, I can always hope!

I don't neccesarily agree that Miami drafts a QB in the 1st round of 2019, because they've signed Fitzpatrick. They could very easily draft one in the mid rounds as a developmental type. Hopefully Fitzmagic rubs some golden dust on the guy and he magically turns into Tom Brady 2.0!!! :cheers:

This just smells of a Matt Moore-esque 0-7 start followed by a completely meaningless 6-3 finish where we messed up the Suck for Luck sweepstakes and ended up with Tannehill in the first place.

I don't love it, but I don't hate it either.

Does this move point to Haskins fd1?
I think maybe it does, and I'm not horrified at that prospect.

I kept telling the "tank" crowd that the salary dump was more about the cap, than going 2-14.

I would prefer to wait until 2020 to draft a QB, but if they believe in Haskins, I'm OK with it.

If it's Locke, not so much.

Back
Top Bottom