Ryan Fitzpatrick To Miami | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Fitzpatrick To Miami

How does this make more sense than Tannehill? Unless they plan on drafting someone
The front office and coaches will actually be able to evaluate the other offensive players with Fitzpatrick. Tannehill made everyone else look worse than they actually were.

If your intent is to acquire 2020 draft assets by trading down, INSTEAD of tanking, this is who you sign. This guy will help the younger skill position players we have.

Make games interesting, somewhat competitive.

The Dolphins will let everyone know they want to trade down. They will let one or two teams know they want a shot at Haskins.

I think the Bengals will enter the equation for Haskins. If they were smart they would parlay AJ Green into draft capitol. They risk becoming irrevant rather quickly with Cleveland’s run of talent acquisition the last 2 years.

If ever a team needed the most talented QB Ohio State has ever produced, it’s the Cincinnati Bengals.

One way or another, the Miami Dolphins will not be selecting 13th overall. Our target will be an additional 2020 1st. But don’t rule out the Buckeye (depending on trade cost). Eventually that NFL factory has to churn out a great pro QB and this dude has some serious tools.

Last edited:
This just smells of a Matt Moore-esque 0-7 start followed by a completely meaningless 6-3 finish where we messed up the Suck for Luck sweepstakes and ended up with Tannehill in the first place.
Hahahaha, lets just compare one situation years ago to another that have absolutely no comparison.

That line of thinking makes sense, but it scares the **** out of me.
Scares the hell out of me too. At best they are going to end up with the second best qb in a weak qb class and will probably have to trade valuable assets to move up to do so.

The front office and coaches will actually be able to evaluate the other offensive players with Fitzpatrick. Tannehill made everyone else look worse than they actually were.

Brian Hartline, Mike Wallace, Charles Clay, Jarvis Landry, Rasard Matthews, and Lamar Miller all posted career highs with Tannehill.

Listen I’m glad we closed the book on Tannehill but this immature, hyperbolic, talking out of your ass nonsense needs to stop. Just let it go, it’s time to move on.

If you guys really think that this has a 4 win potential I feel a little more at ease.

Brian Hartline, Mike Wallace, Charles Clay, Jarvis Landry, Rasard Matthews, and Lamar Miller all posted career highs with Tannehill.

Listen I’m glad we closed the book on Tannehill but this immature, hyperbolic, talking out of your *** nonsense needs to stop. Just let it go, it’s time to move on.
They just can't let Tannehill go. It's unreal.

Dude, two young QBs that will never amount to anything. Come on man, you appear to be a extremely smart poster and person in general. Do you really think "tanking" and playing these inexperienced QBs will lead to a SB some day? The Patriots created a winning culture. I live up here and hate it, but they didn't do it by banking on tanking. Yes, they got lucky with Brady, but the moves they have made ever since, while not always successful, were made focusing on winning. That's the problem with the modern day Dolphins' fan base. They are always focused on losing.
No, I actually think the fans(lots of them) have gotten use to being mediocre and are ok with it. The last 4 HC's that we've had all spoke about creating a winning culture and as you can see, it hasn't worked. Why not? Because they all kept making the same bad moves like trying to win with free agents and stopgap players. The way to build your team is thru the draft. Once you're close then you can get the free agents to complete your team.
So far they had done a good job(the FO) but IMO this is a bad move. Doesn't mean I hate everything they've down but I don't agree with this one. You said those two young QB's will never be nothing and maybe you're right but I think giving them a chance to show what they could be would have been a good idea. At worst they both suck but at beast you could have your back up or you could trade them for a pick.

Fitz on the other hand will not be a part of any winning future for us and that's why I think it's a waste of money along with the comp pick that we won't get now.

One last thing. Getting a top 2 pick means you're drafting early in EVERY round. This team needs more that just a QB but wouldn't it be nice to draft a QB high and then have high picks in each round to draft players that can help the young QB?

Thats were the coaches come in. You'd think if those two guys who what were on the practice squad are showing signs and that the staff is going to hinder them ?.... They already know and was most likely in the consideration for another QB pickup.
Fitz is a knowledge filled experienced QB to help with the real QB soon to be...Not there to take us to the promise land....
Just another sign of the waste it is to live for the 2020 draft... It ain't happening Bro and we are off the starting line to trying to build a team that wins sooner rather than later....
I guess time will tell if this was a good move or not.

He’s capable of doing some things on the field but who is he going to throw the ball to?we really got nobody plus he’s going to be getting sacked an awful lot LOL With no Oline in front of him. That’s just the offense we really not going to have that good of a defense either probably mediocre at best.

Albert Wilson, Kenny Stills , Jakeem Grant...maybe Parker matures?

Hahahaha, lets just compare one situation years ago to another that have absolutely no comparison.
Laugh if you like, but the comparisons are rather eery:

1. Our front office and owner have made substantial noises and our other personnel moves suggest that we will be tanking … for the first time since that season.
2. We are replacing a QB, for the first time since that season.
3. Both Matt Moore and Ryan Fitzpatrick are gunslinger type QB's … and the last gunslinger QB we had was, in fact, Matt Moore.
4. Matt Moore is the gunslinger QB who ruined the Suck for Luck sweepstakes, and the Head Coach got fired (Tony Sparano) and the Interim Head Coach got fired (Todd Bowles), and we missed the playoffs, endured a laughing-stock season, lost out on our chance to get a top QB prospect, and got locked into a cycle of mediocrity for many years.
5. This is the first time we've looked to install a new QB for the future since that Matt Moore led season resulted in entrusting the franchise Reins to Ryan Tannehill instead of Andrew Luck.
6. Tony Sparano refused to tank and it failed miserably leading to nobody benefitting from the late win-streak. If we repeat that this year it will not be a success in any way.
7. Both Matt Moore and Ryan Fitzpatrick have proven that they can take a poorly talented team and squeeze mediocrity out of them.

No offense bro, but that's actually a lot of comparison.

Back
Top Bottom