Ryan Tannehill #1 in NFL for passer rating. Minkah Fitzpatrick #1 in NFL for interceptions. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill #1 in NFL for passer rating. Minkah Fitzpatrick #1 in NFL for interceptions.

.......Tannehill is in the best situation for a qb of his caliber. Needs elite level weapons and a elite running game.

more jibberish from the folks who don’t or WONT ever get it....

remember when he went to the Titans and everyone was talking about their elite talent? remember that even though they were 2-4, at the top of the league in sacks, averaging 16 pts a game, and 7 points in their last 10 quarters how everyone in the league was gushing over this mega-talented squad that was about to explode?

certainly you remember.

Last edited:
Of course both are good football players. Steelers for example played really good teams in the beginning of the season, then they started playing bad teams and the defense got better, that's not because Minkah is Ed Reed. Tannehill is perfect for the Titans. He was never a bad decsion maker and utilizes the elite talent the Titans do actually have. Perfect fit. Neither are elite players, yet.

Both are also in fantastic situations to help them flourish.
If we got rid of them they're elite. We would have kept them if they were average but once they showed skills we had to send them packing. Can't risk building a good team. Were the dolphins after all

Who aside from Henry is "elite"? Their best receiver is a rookie who wasn't going much before Tannehill started and the OL blocks much better for the run than the pass. I have to ask if you've watched the games or you are going on theory here?

funny how these so-called elite players for Tennessee dd not seem to do much for Mariota.
There is nothing elite about the titans

RT17 is and was an elite talent. Anyone with eyes can watch the games and see it. Our coaches and player around him were not Nfl talents. Period. How many garbage WRs left here and disappeared? Wheres hartline? Kenny stills? Loser Landry catching drags? Yes the titans are better but their roster is bottom half of the league. Tannehill brings them up into playoff contention.

Only dumb homer’s are going to stick with the tannehill was the problem narrative.

f6923cd3ef05b22a865961b21861dacf.jpg

Of course both are good football players. Steelers for example played really good teams in the beginning of the season, then they started playing bad teams and the defense got better, that's not because Minkah is Ed Reed. Tannehill is perfect for the Titans. He was never a bad decsion maker and utilizes the elite talent the Titans do actually have. Perfect fit. Neither are elite players, yet.

Both are also in fantastic situations to help them flourish.

Tannehill has been playing at an elite level this year. That cannot be denied. He is making great decisions, both pre and post snap and is making ELITE throws. He is not making safe throws all game long. He is managing to be efficient while making the difficult throws. A passer rating of 118 combined with a YPA of 9.9 just cannot be scoffed at and credited to something else.

1576165318822.png

1576165155168.png

Combine that with his accuracy (these are numbers from 2018 when he wasn't even playing as well as he is now)

1576165659140.png

1576165631018.png

From the article:

1576165694054.png

Now, if the Titans are putting Tannehill and the receivers in better situations (e.g. open), then what do you think will happen. I think we are seeing it.

Attachments

• 1576165601299.png
    1576165601299.png
    160.6 KB · Views: 2
I supported Tannehill until the very last minute he was a Fin, so it pains me to say this - I’m waiting for the wheels to fall off.

although he has strung many good games together, i dont think he has that killer instinct.

i hope I’m wrong.

I supported Tannehill until the very last minute he was a Fin, so it pains me to say this - I’m waiting for the wheels to fall off.

although he has strung many good games together, i dont think he has that killer instinct.

i hope I’m wrong.
I would suggest that his leading YPA is indicative of a "killer instinct". He can no longer be criticized as taking the safe check down as he did under previous offenses and their coordinators.

Yea all dumb luck that these guys are playing great.

Steelers were terrible and giving up nearly 30ppg before he arrived. Titans were also beyond mediocre before Tannehill started.

Give credit where credit is due. Both guys are playing great and are very good football players.
He did have a lot of lucky bounces right after he got there. When was his last pick or fumble recovery?

Well... I guess this validates the people that have been saying for years that THill needed a better oline and weapons lol

It's really hard being a Dolphins fan.
Perhaps had he had the surgery on his knee ligament instead opts out then He gets hurt like what first game first quarter and welcome Cutler

I mean I left supporting him at that point - I believe he put himself ahead of his team -tho good for him in his current situation

I think he needs that running game to support him because he alone cannot beat a bad team - let alone to be counted on to beat good teams in crunch time we learned he needs everything just right and that he can inflate his numbers when the game is long out of hand

he does have the Pats no. He is not as flustered by them as some other QBs so let’s hope he can get it done this weekend because Tom is looking his age time to bury him

RT17 is and was an elite talent. Anyone with eyes can watch the games and see it. Our coaches and player around him were not Nfl talents. Period. How many garbage WRs left here and disappeared? Wheres hartline? Kenny stills? Loser Landry catching drags? Yes the titans are better but their roster is bottom half of the league. Tannehill brings them up into playoff contention.

Only dumb homer’s are going to stick with the tannehill was the problem narrative.

Landry had a darn good season this year, outplaying the far more heralded Beckham. I think Tannehill's a fine talent with sky high potential that he matched this year and I don't think its a fluke, but there were times when Tannehill didn't do much right besides throwing screens and slants to Landry, who was a beast at making the most of them.

Landry had a darn good season this year, outplaying the far more heralded Beckham. I think Tannehill's a fine talent with sky high potential that he matched this year and I don't think its a fluke, but there were times when Tannehill didn't do much right besides throwing screens and slants to Landry, who was a beast at making the most of them.

That’s called offensive limitation not qb one

That’s called offensive limitation not qb one
Yeah, you have to wonder why all those coaches kept him in check. Another example would be, we never really ran a hurry up offense with Tannehill, and I remember the coaches hinting at Tannehill not being able to execute it. In Tennessee he seems to be able to run it well.

Back
Top Bottom