Ryan Tannehill #1 in NFL for passer rating. Minkah Fitzpatrick #1 in NFL for interceptions. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill #1 in NFL for passer rating. Minkah Fitzpatrick #1 in NFL for interceptions.

Yeah, you have to wonder why all those coaches kept him in check. Another example would be, we never really ran a hurry up offense with Tannehill, and I remember the coaches hinting at Tannehill not being able to execute it. In Tennessee he seems to be able to run it well.
Gase commented that the other players couldn’t run it. Didn’t speak well for him or his staff.

Yeah, you have to wonder why all those coaches kept him in check. Another example would be, we never really ran a hurry up offense with Tannehill, and I remember the coaches hinting at Tannehill not being able to execute it. In Tennessee he seems to be able to run it well.
I recall that we were pretty good in the two minute drill with Tannehill...which is basically the hurry up offense.

Ryan Tannehill was and is more than what he was able to achieve in Miami. And he actually did approach top 10 status several times in Miami and even had top 5 results in several stat cats at multiple times. Yeah, other QBs achieve that all the time and it doesn't mean they are elite. TSJr - you really are correct in your assessment that he needs to maintain this over multiple seasons to be in the elite discussion. But you cannot deny that week after week he's gone out there and was consistent with every single performance. He simply didn't frack much up this year at all. And it seems he's been held to a higher standard through his career than many other QBs that get talked about. That despite the bad coaching (wildly understated), playing behind some of the worst lines in NFL history, and the mind blowing perplexing play calling he had to endure at times. If anything he probly propped them up more than they should've been during his time in Miami. Yeah, he's always been one to hang onto the ball longer than he probly should. But it's pretty clear his take on that is the desire to complete a play right up to the last possible moment. And he is not afraid to get hit. So it's a risk/reward proposition. Of course he's also had a handful of some of the worst blooper moments and that goes a long way to shaping some opinions as well in terms of less invested folks and even the media. Some of those were in his limited prime time opportunities, so it feeds the worldly take on RT. And I actually expect we'll see at least one head scratching buffoonery looking sack fumble return for a TD on RT in the playoffs, especially if the Titans advance at all. But we are JUST AS LIKELY to see him release the ball while being raped by some defensive lineman that got thru and throw a perfect bomb at the last possible moment. Risk... Reward...

Even considering all that, all the RT fans here were certainly brought to their knees and nearly all were on board with the departure when it finally came (except a very few). Yes... 7 seasons is enough to make you kind of give up fighting for a guy. But some of us did see the potential he had under some of the toughest circumstances. So yeah... you want to keep an eye on him. Of course we are going to watch him over there on that other team and of course we are going to root for him/them when our team is in full on rebuild mode. And God Speed to him to go light up the Pats this week if he has the guts and composure and that Titans coach can bring his team in there spitting fire. Let him take it all the way. Let *them* move the goalposts every week while he comes right back out there as the same guy HE ACTUALLY IS. One freakishly good QB.

f6923cd3ef05b22a865961b21861dacf.jpg

Cry about elite players who aren't here anymore while blaming Grier for not bringing in elite players. At the same. Damn. Time.

Finheaven. :bobdole:

Tannehill has been playing at an elite level this year. That cannot be denied. He is making great decisions, both pre and post snap and is making ELITE throws. He is not making safe throws all game long. He is managing to be efficient while making the difficult throws. A passer rating of 118 combined with a YPA of 9.9 just cannot be scoffed at and credited to something else.

View attachment 34534

View attachment 34533

Combine that with his accuracy (these are numbers from 2018 when he wasn't even playing as well as he is now)

View attachment 34537

View attachment 34536

From the article:

View attachment 34538

Now, if the Titans are putting Tannehill and the receivers in better situations (e.g. open), then what do you think will happen. I think we are seeing it.

Oh my God, he's back :lol:

Can't get enough of in depth Tannehill analysis, huh?

Could it be that there are some things that Tannehill wasn't good at in the past but got better at? This is a guy who is maybe the most impressive downfield thrower in the league right now. His first few years he had real trouble in that area. I saw him do a lot of things in 2016 that he couldn't do in 2015. Players progress. Tannehill was a project coming out of college and I always thought it was silly to basically manufacture him winning the QB job as a rookie, and even though he did a lot of good things in 2013 and 2014 before fading with the playoffs on the line, he seemed to stagnate in some areas before regressing a bit prior to Gase taking charge.

Yea all dumb luck that these guys are playing great.

Steelers were terrible and giving up nearly 30ppg before he arrived. Titans were also beyond mediocre before Tannehill started.

Give credit where credit is due. Both guys are playing great and are very good football players.
I mean yeah Minkah is a good football player but at what cost for the steelers? There is no indication if rothelisberger will be the same or even come back next season. Losing the first round pick could turnout to be a big detriment to that team. The steelers lone option for this to workout is if Ben comes back awesome again next season but i have my doubts with the way he plays the game he takes a ton of hits.

RT17 is and was an elite talent. Anyone with eyes can watch the games and see it. Our coaches and player around him were not Nfl talents. Period. How many garbage WRs left here and disappeared? Wheres hartline? Kenny stills? Loser Landry catching drags? Yes the titans are better but their roster is bottom half of the league. Tannehill brings them up into playoff contention.

Only dumb homer’s are going to stick with the tannehill was the problem narrative.

I think his success is more attributed to the team setup, There are no diva Wr's demanding pass counts to stay hapy or Toxic Teammates (and their wives) on that team. Derrick Henry is great make no mistake but he benefited a-lot from Tannehill torching teams and making them play soft up front to respect the passing threat.

Basically he was put on a team with solid lunchpail type players that have great chemistry and the talent on that team is shining through.. It is amazing to me that he played finished ahead of Drew Brees on deep pass ratings. He truely has turned his weakest area when he entered the league into one of the leagues best deep ball QB's. I really believe when he entered in the NFL Philbin held Ryan Back from taking chances and made him second guess throwing the ball deep and it took years to coach that out of him.

I did think Wallace when he was here speed was so different that also affected him being able to hit him in stride and in my mind if we had kept Brandon Marshall I think he could have done really great things with him. Marshall was a physical beast who could run after the catch like a running back, if he would have stuck it out in Miami i think him and tannehill would have produced bigger things then he did with cutler in chicago.

Landry had a darn good season this year, outplaying the far more heralded Beckham. I think Tannehill's a fine talent with sky high potential that he matched this year and I don't think its a fluke, but there were times when Tannehill didn't do much right besides throwing screens and slants to Landry, who was a beast at making the most of them.

Landry is one of the most talented WR's and better then Beckham if im building a team but he brought an ego with him and if you didn't get him the ball he wouldn't be happy. Tannehill's success in my mind comes from the fact that in Tennessee none of those WR's are superstars yet and are unselfish and there are no big egos.

Not at all. Of course he'd look better with a better team around him. I've said that here many times. Nice try though.
Sure. That’s why we’ve argued over the years.

Otherwise, why the hell would you comment about me responding in a Tannehill thread? So, don’t bother.

Sure. That’s why we’ve argued over the years.

Otherwise, why the hell would you comment about me responding in a Tannehill thread? So, don’t bother.

It's common sense, really. You put more weapons around your QB and he'll perform better. Duh. This year proves nothing. Tannehill is still Tannehill with all his limitations. I don't care how many charts and graphs you want to whip out. :lol:

I think his success is more attributed to the team setup, There are no diva Wr's demanding pass counts to stay hapy or Toxic Teammates (and their wives) on that team. Derrick Henry is great make no mistake but he benefited a-lot from Tannehill torching teams and making them play soft up front to respect the passing threat.

Basically he was put on a team with solid lunchpail type players that have great chemistry and the talent on that team is shining through.. It is amazing to me that he played finished ahead of Drew Brees on deep pass ratings. He truely has turned his weakest area when he entered the league into one of the leagues best deep ball QB's. I really believe when he entered in the NFL Philbin held Ryan Back from taking chances and made him second guess throwing the ball deep and it took years to coach that out of him.

I did think Wallace when he was here speed was so different that also affected him being able to hit him in stride and in my mind if we had kept Brandon Marshall I think he could have done really great things with him. Marshall was a physical beast who could run after the catch like a running back, if he would have stuck it out in Miami i think him and tannehill would have produced bigger things then he did with cutler in chicago.
His success is attributed to being a damn good QB that is finally free of a **** situation. The 117 passer rating can be partially attributed to a better than most situation. Nobody expects that to continue but top 10 efficiency should be expected.

It's common sense, really. You put more weapons around your QB and he'll perform better. Duh. This year proves nothing. Tannehill is still Tannehill with all his limitations. I don't care how many charts and graphs you want to whip out. :lol:
Sure. You expected #1 in the league efficiency. GTFOOH. This year proves the doubters, including you,were wrong. Get used to being reminded of it.

Back
Top Bottom