Ryan Tannehill, A good OL and a top flight RB beat the mighty Bills! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill, A good OL and a top flight RB beat the mighty Bills!

Vrabel is a good coach, I like the lug. Really passionate, smart, not perfect but looks like his wheels are always turning. Oh, and Henry is an absolute beast
One of the best Vrabel moments was watched him smirk as Belichik went mental in that playoff game 2 years ago as he let the punter keep taking delay of game penalties while running the clock. What made it so funny was BB had done it to the Jets earlier in the year which is where Vrabel probably picked it up from.

One of the best Vrabel moments was watched him smirk as Belichik went mental in that playoff game 2 years ago as he let the punter keep taking delay of game penalties while running the clock. What made it so funny was BB had done it to the Jets earlier in the year which is where Vrabel probably picked it up from.
I remember thatšŸ˜€

Heā€™ll get on track against our vicious D unfortunately

How nice would it be to have a team with a solid coaching core.,I get a hard on when we run for 5 or convert a first down, these teams do it at will. We always look so confused pre snap on both sides of the ball, is uncanny

Miami is light years away from being able to compete in a physical game like that. Both teams came out to punish the ball carriers. Defenses flying around.

We got baker and 2 bitch corners

If Titans and Bills are nfl teams the dolphins are arena league
Correct we are playing very elementary football. Our offensive coordinators are not near mature enough to compete. We don't scheme people open. We take what the defense gives us unless it's the first drive of the game.

That's not what the OP said. Stop trying to move the goal post.
Next time be more specific in your post instead of trying to back-pedal later when the trash is called out.

Ryan Tannehill, A good OL and a top flight RB beat the mighty Bills!​

it did and its accurate
RT showed toughness and hit big passes when needed and muscled in the final TD
Henry carried the game and the QB was there when needed against a tough opponent
Rt's toughness and arm talent was evident when OL faltered

Derrick Henry clones do not exist. Heā€™s the perfect weapon for today's soft pass happy league. If Keith Byars played today heā€™d average 1500 yards rushing and 1000 receiving. Thatā€™s what Iā€™m looking for. The next Keith Byars. I donā€™t see one coming up anytime soon.

Hey Grier! Are you watching this!!!

And the Bills lost to Pitts. And the Titans lost to the Jets. I'm a fan of a top run game and would LOVE a top OL/RB. But this game, by itself, shouldn't be used to advocate for it.
As others have said, Henry isn't a typical "top flight" RB. he's the '21 gold standard RB with no real competition.
First step in being a top team is a top OL and Mia is a l-o-o-o-o-o-o-n-g way from that

And the Bills lost to Pitts. And the Titans lost to the Jets. I'm a fan of a top run game and would LOVE a top OL/RB. But this game, by itself, shouldn't be used to advocate for it.
As others have said, Henry isn't a typical "top flight" RB. he's the '21 gold standard RB with no real competition.
First step in being a top team is a top OL and Mia is a l-o-o-o-o-o-o-n-g way from that

That's right. However, and I've mentioned this before - you don't need a Derrick Henry. Those are hard to find. But it's not hard to find backs that are big enough to break arm tackles.

One of the problems you have is that your smallish backs aren't breaking the simplest of arm tackles.

I don't see much, but I don't need to in order to be entirely shocked at how easy your backs are to bring down. You'd be surprised at how many chunk plays aren't made because the backs are brought down by the first defender's arm tackle. Miami's backs are only able to get the yardage that is blocked, and there's not much there. It's required to have a back that can get the yardage that isn't blocked by breaking tackles and falling forward - instead of backward.

Furthermore, they can't hold up in pass protection. Miami keeps signing these bigger backs like Jordan Howard and Malcolm Brown because they know their backs are too small. But the situations they bring them in give away to the defense what's about to happen. They keep passing up the quality backs on Day 2 of the draft as if it's not important. Being able to plug in any Day 3 back and not have the running game miss a beat sounds good in theory - but it only works if you're capable of building the offensive line to that spec. Miami is not being honest with themselves about their weaknesses in player evaluation, and the coaches only magnify those weaknesses with their personnel groupings. Everything is forecasted to the opposing defense in terms of their TE and RB personnel groupings.

It's alarming how long Miami goes without having a RB even sniff a 100 yard game since 2019. You could probably even say 50 yards in most games if you get right down to it.

Somebody in Miami has an affinity for small backs, poor offensive lineman, inexperienced coaches, and receivers that enjoy watching the game instead of playing in it.

That's right. However, and I've mentioned this before - you don't need a Derrick Henry. Those are hard to find. But it's not hard to find backs that are big enough to break arm tackles.

One of the problems you have is that your smallish backs aren't breaking the simplest of arm tackles.

I don't see much, but I don't need to in order to be entirely shocked at how easy your backs are to bring down. You'd be surprised at how many chunk plays aren't made because the backs are brought down by the first defender's arm tackle. Miami's backs are only able to get the yardage that is blocked, and there's not much there. It's required to have a back that can get the yardage that isn't blocked by breaking tackles and falling forward - instead of backward.

Furthermore, they can't hold up in pass protection. Miami keeps signing these bigger backs like Jordan Howard and Malcolm Brown because they know their backs are too small. But the situations they bring them in give away to the defense what's about to happen. They keep passing up the quality backs on Day 2 of the draft as if it's not important. Being able to plug in any Day 3 back and not have the running game miss a beat sounds good in theory - but it only works if you're capable of building the offensive line to that spec. Miami is not being honest with themselves about their weaknesses in player evaluation, and the coaches only magnify those weaknesses with their personnel groupings. Everything is forecasted to the opposing defense in terms of their TE and RB personnel groupings.

It's alarming how long Miami goes without having a RB even sniff a 100 yard game since 2019. You could probably even say 50 yards in most games if you get right down to it.

Somebody in Miami has an affinity for small backs, poor offensive lineman, inexperienced coaches, and receivers that enjoy watching the game instead of playing in it.
Agree w all of this. Iā€™m not on the ā€œwe need a franchise backā€ train but agree our guys canā€™t break through any contact. Brown is the only one and heā€™s just a mediocre player. Gas can and Acmed go down so easily. They are nice 3rd down backs or change of pace guys but we need an upgrade - and Iā€™m not asking for the moon here. But someone who can break a tackle would be nice.

Back
Top Bottom