Ryan Tannehill, A good OL and a top flight RB beat the mighty Bills! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill, A good OL and a top flight RB beat the mighty Bills!

I dunno about that one. I'm the biggest Tannehill fan on the planet, but I wouldn't say he's better than Allen. Overall game, Allen has him beat.
Tannehill has done great things in Tennessee, but I think you're right.

I'm not sure where anyone is getting that the Titans line is good. The last two seasons most of their best lineman have gotten hurt and their usually playing a few street free agent caliber guys. That pocket is never clean in Tennessee, but when Tannehill isn't forced to be his team's sole ability to generate real offense, he has learned to adopt really well to adverse circumstance. Tennessee is so bad at drafting their first rounder from last year has already been cut....after they traded him to us for nothing and then he didn't show up. That's pretty emblematic of Tennessee's drafting as a whole. Their best players have been just good enough to not be worth re-signing and to be overpaid on free agency on their second contracts. Tennessee is an extremely top heavy team that's being carried by a few key players and then just a desire to want to win.

It’s so tempting to go for the win there and more and more teams do it today than they used to. In the days when guys like Lombardi, Shula, Landry, Noll, Gibbs, Walsh roamed the sidelines you rarely if ever saw that. They took their FG and OT.

All I can think is that the analytics suggest you go for it - because these guys do it more than they don’t today or so it seems.
I think when you’re the better team, the analytics are going to say be patient and take the 3 points, you’ll get them in overtime. Perhaps allowing the Titans to score on 6 straight drives or whatever it was played a big role in his decision.

Back
Top Bottom