Ryan Tannehill Didn’t Consider Audible On Third-and-10 Versus Indy. Here’s Why | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill Didn’t Consider Audible On Third-and-10 Versus Indy. Here’s Why

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
“No,” Tannehill said Wednesday when asked if he thought, in hindsight, changing the play would have been good. “That’s not something that I think about. I think (coach Adam Gase) had a reason he called that. It’s something we talked about throughout the week. Obviously, not at the end of the game, but in third-and-10 situations, they were extremely good on third-and-long situations.

“I understood the call when it came in and I’m not out there just checking to all types of plays. Things we talk about during the week, I’ll check – if we get a certain look on a certain play. But it’s not often that he’s calling one play and I’m just completely waving him off to another play. He has a reason why he’s calling things and wants things run a certain way, so that’s what we do.”

You fast foward to the series of the game at the 8:26 mark. I believe your chances of picking up 10yds with a pass are alot greater than with a run, I don't care what defense they are in.. Maybe if it's in the 1st half, but you are in the 4th quarter and the offense has been moving the ball on your defense. Gase had to know this was a pivotal part of the game. But what is more disturbing is Ryan is not even thinking about getting out of a bad play.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...-salguero/article222348870.html#storylink=rss

Last edited:
But it’s not often that he’s calling one play and I’m just completely waving him off to another play. He has a reason why he’s calling things and wants things run a certain way, so that’s what we do.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...-salguero/article222348870.html#storylink=rss

So, Gase calls questionable plays, and it's rare that Tannehill questions them. He just rolls with the flow.
Got it!
Gase IS the problem with the pathetic play-calling on a regular basis.

Read they took his ability to audible away. If that's the case they suck. Not allowing the QB to change the play based on a pre snap look is dumb coaching, case closed.
Your absolutely right about not allowing the QB to audible.
As a coach, you want your QB to be a "coach" on the field. To see a weakness and exploit it. It's the Coaches job to mold his QB into that type of player.
If Gase is NOT doing that, he's not only failed Tannehill, but the entire team.
QB "whisperer", my A$$.

I can’t see the play but I’d bet the box count is even and we blew an assignment.

It’s what we do.

Box count was even and I think they were dropping into cover 4. Safety was unblocked when he should've been picked up. If the safety is blocked we have the edge and a sizeable gain.

Tannehill is a beta which is an absolute killer to have at the qb position. If he was a wr this would be fine. He doesn’t care if he wins or loses, he is just happy to play the game and cash checks.

I want to Alpha quarterback and Alpha wide receiver, hell I want a few more alphas at other positions as well. I don't think a player will succeed let alone be a Hall of Famer in the NFL if he's not an alpha male.
Always my problem would 17, too nice of a guy and doesn't have the it Factor or winner or Alpha quality that the great ones have. It's like Grace, you either have Grace or you don't have Grace.

Back
Top Bottom