Ryan Tannehill rated as the NFL's 2nd best deep ball thrower | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill rated as the NFL's 2nd best deep ball thrower

No he's just much better in the red zone. Tannehills red zone cautiousness has always been his biggest weakness needs to improve

LOL, some people man.

The redzone is inside the 20, if you can't even get that right then there's no point in continuing the conversation.

No he's just much better in the red zone. Tannehills red zone cautiousness has always been his biggest weakness needs to improve

Whatever. I'm sure if/when he does improve this there'll be plenty of you looking for something else to be 'concerned' about.

Whatever. I'm sure if/when he does improve this there'll be plenty of you looking for something else to be 'concerned' about.

Exactly. I love how these myths of Tannehill's weakness are constantly debunked with his deep ball concerns being the most prevalent among the less informed, but there's still someone out there with a sticking point of, "Oh yeah, well within this 10 yards of space, Matt Moore . . ." GTFOH.

Exactly. I love how these myths of Tannehill's weakness are constantly debunked with his deep ball concerns being the most prevalent among the less informed, but there's still someone out there with a sticking point of, "Oh yeah, well within this 10 yards of space, Matt Moore . . ." GTFOH.

:laugh:laugh:laugh

Remember when the detractors said that all the sacks were Tannehill's poor pocket awareness? Yeah, that has been proven wrong too.

Haters gonna hate.

When people claimed tannehill had the worst deep ball of all time I said it was BS as he was pretty good at it

Now he is suddenly elite at it? No. Pretty good

When people claimed tannehill had the worst deep ball of all time I said it was BS as he was pretty good at it

Now he is suddenly elite at it? No. Pretty good
I don't think anybody claimed it was elite but I certainly would put him in the top 10 as far as deep passers go

At least it's not that he has zero pocket awareness anymore

I don't understand the argument. Tannehill was the best red zone QB in the NFL. Unless you have an agenda what's the problem? You can't refute that
2n6gc3a.jpg

Although his pocket presence has improved, having a consistent pocket to step up in without rushers from multiple angles has certainly helped. Lets hope Gase won't wait as long to jettison his linemen if they provide bottom of the barrel play ala Thomas, Douglas and Turner next season.

He's 23rd in passing TDs in the red zone. Who cares if he completes 75% of his check downs between the 20 and 10 he does not score TDs. Never has he's too protective of the football. I'm sure it was coaching from Philbin. Gase needs to encourage him to sling it more. You can say he was best in QBR but that is ridiculous. Rogers had 31 TDs and O ints in the red zone to Ryan's measly 11. Colin kaepernick had 13tds and O ints. Ryan is the best red zone qb if you like settling for fgs

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2016/redzone-passing.htm

Back
Top Bottom