Ryan Tannehill rated as the NFL's 2nd best deep ball thrower | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill rated as the NFL's 2nd best deep ball thrower

Even us homers have to admit, that is one area that needed improvement ... and sure has improved a hell of a lot
Well how much of that is due to a better OL? Sure he had issues taking sacks but when you can't rely on any of your OK it happens

He's 23rd in passing TDs in the red zone. Who cares if he completes 75% of his check downs between the 20 and 10 he does not score TDs. Never has he's too protective of the football. I'm sure it was coaching from Philbin. Gase needs to encourage him to sling it more. You can say he was best in QBR but that is ridiculous. Rogers had 31 TDs and O ints in the red zone to Ryan's measly 11. Colin kaepernick had 13tds and O ints. Ryan is the best red zone qb if you like settling for fgs

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2016/redzone-passing.htm
Just because Tannehill didn't throw a TD doesn't mean we didn't get a TD. We had a bunch of rushing TDs and I would bet good money we had a lot more red zone rushing TDs then green bay. So basically you want to punish Tannehill for us running it in instead. It's a team game

He's 23rd in passing TDs in the red zone. Who cares if he completes 75% of his check downs between the 20 and 10 he does not score TDs. Never has he's too protective of the football. I'm sure it was coaching from Philbin. Gase needs to encourage him to sling it more. You can say he was best in QBR but that is ridiculous. Rogers had 31 TDs and O ints in the red zone to Ryan's measly 11. Colin kaepernick had 13tds and O ints. Ryan is the best red zone qb if you like settling for fgs

Lol! On how many attempts? Dont anwser that, I already checked... You should just quit this argument right now...

Terrible argument.

A WR was GB starting RB for half a year, don't think they ran the ball in the redzone much if any.

Got use attempts as well.

forest-whitaker-eye.jpg

Lol last year was his lowest red zone TDs for his career but you guys love his QBR

Lol last year was his lowest red zone TDs for his career but you guys love his QBR
He also had 200 less overall attempts for the year, hell he threw the ball a 100 times less than his rookie year, he missed 3 games. Andrew Luck for example has twice as much passing attempts in the RZ while Rodgers almost 3x. So your solution to compare them is a volume stat? Laughable, especially when the number of attempts is dicated mostly by team philosophy. I know Im wasting my time here because you're messing up something so trivial I doubt you'd understand anything if we go further... Like I said, you should just stop...

So...just to clarify...you're coming in to a thread that is praising Tannehill's improvement as a deep passer, and your counter is "Well he's not throwing enough touchdowns in the red zone?"

That's like saying, "Wow, my car is so much better at high speeds now, but it still sucks because I don't have to drive it at 55 mph any more."

215216474-if-you-find-yourself-in-a-hole-the-first-thing-to-do-is-stop-digging-quote-1.jpg

It is useless getting into these discussions. People will like/dislike someone no matter what stat or evaluation will come out. You can lead a horse to water....Tannehill could come up with a cure for cancer and people will question why it took him so long. I just love watching this team and pulling for them to win each week. Some people will just do the same thing but add the disclaimer * despite so and so...Nothing any of us could say or Tannehill can do on the field will ever be enough for some. So to me its just noise

No I'm saying great that deep ball improved now score some fckimg points! To do that needs to convert red zone opps to TDs I want an explosive offense 21 per game not enough sorry that is too much to ask

Back
Top Bottom