Ryan Tannehill | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill

Great showing, the first half play calling was frustrating, but it all came together late as it often does with this regime, loved that second half!

Some perfect dimes today in crucial moments as well as some nice plays with his legs yet again! The offense and Tannehill keep getting better each week which is exactly what you hope with a group gelling together.

Played very well today. Stats are a little padded by the run-pass thing, but who cares

True but all QBs benefit from those run type passes from time to time, so like you say, who cares.

Totally agree on early playcalling, Gase should have recognized RT was hot and let him sling it instead of forcing the run.

Last edited:
Ryan's calm personality and confidence rubs off on his offensive team mates. This is a huge win for Ryan on so many different levels. He heard the negative remarks from the sports media and a small portion of Dolphin fans.They never believed in him and probably still dont.

Guess what, Ryan wasn't listening.

Congrats Ryan and the pro Tannehill fans that support him!

If you discount the two shovel passes from his stats, he was still 15/21 for 196 and a touchdown. Passer rating 116.4.

He also picked up two first downs with his legs. We also had at least two nice completions for first downs called back on penalties that were kind of bogus in my opinion.

He was sharp. I had him with two bad plays: First, a throw a little behind Parker(?) early in the game on 3rd down. I'm not sure Parker could have made hay out of it, but throw needed to be better. Second, he was juuuuust a little too hot on the throw to Kenny Stills in the end zone after that first touchdown. To be fair, even on that play I thought he made a very nice move to avoid the pass rush. Pocket movement was real good today.

Trent Green criticized him for making one throw out to Drake against the blitz, but if you watch the route Gesicki ran there, throwing the slant to Parker (as Green suggested) would have been disaster. Not sure Green was on point there.

Have to like how he played today. So what he got some stats padded. He played smart and didn't turn it over.

Not his biggest fan, and his stats are ridiculously padded today but was a big part of the win today pass to Stills for the TD and the 40 yarder to Parker reaffirming his dramatic improvement at throwing the ball deep. Secret is to get him in situations where he can get that ball out fast and doesn't need to think too much, IMO that's when he gets into trouble. Ball security compared to Carr was a huge thing today. Best game of the season for him. I'm going with Average, Poor and Good over the first three, with 3 wins no one can really complain.

We moved the ball when he was passing and did not when we ran it.....I think we would have had another TD if not for the 2 offensive penalties at the end of the half that were absolute BS! I honestly felt the refs were trying to keep the Raiders from going 0-3......but the plays we made in the 2nd half made it hard for them.

Tanny played great, especially when you consider we were 1 dimensional.

Not a fan of RT. But he is finally playing well. 39 and 40 record. He has alot to show the next two weeks against better teams. If we could actually run the ball, he would be way more productive. D looks good.

Back
Top Bottom