Ryan Tannehill's pocket awareness | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill's pocket awareness

I don't think this video shows "pocket presence" at all. I think all you did here was a make the case for those saying he doesn't have pocket presence. This video shows him scrambling out with clear pressure present. What it does not show:

1. An ability to feel the pressure from the backside
2. The ability to move up in the pocket and hit receivers without scrambling
3. The ability to sidestep to make the rusher miss

All the video shows is that he is athletic and can scramble if he feels the pressure. That isn't "pocket presence."

Then what is?!

Alex Marvez on Sirius NFL is actively slamming Tannehill for playing QB like a WR and being to slow to interpret the opposing Defenses. (I guess this comes with the lack of pocket awareness).
As the NFL continues to grow in popularity, we see the emergence of more in the media who will get people to watch/listen/read whatever they say/write by being as outlandish as possible. The sport is building up and tearing down the QBs in the media spotlight.
In Ryan Tannehill we have a good young QB who has many of the attributes and skills to be great. Last year we got him some weapons to throw to. This year we probably got him better protection (Albert with more to come in the Draft), a more creative OC in Bill Lazor plus the addition of Knowshon Moreno will allow more options and hopefully a better running game. It would be nice to get a decent TE as a seam threat.
The parts are coming together for Ryan to become very good. The best thing he can do is not watch/listen/read any of the media that are actively engaged to tear him down in the quest to get cheap sensational ratings. Idiots like Heath Evans, Skip Bayless, Jason LaCanfora, Alex Marvez are becoming the norm.
When did Marvez say that?

I just dont agree. There are times when it happened sure, but I dont believe the sample size is enough to call it a problem. And you can argue all you want and call us ignorant and fanboys, but come with some proof or dont come at all.

My proof is right in front of your face watching the games. If you watch the games you see it. If you look at the box score... you don't.

It was pretty bad 75% of the time. Nobody is saying his pocket awareness was great he had some issues. But fix the line and tannwhill will build confidence. One other thing you guys forget. Sherman told tannehill not to leave the pocket in order to develop pocket skills. You can't handcuff your QB by telling him not to scramble when a rush comes. That kind of degrades your pocket awareness talking point cuz that's all it is. Just like any political party you tannehill bashers have been told talking points by the media. Don't believe everything you hear.

I can agree he was hamstrung by the OC about scrambling. I wish he was allowed to do that, he has the tools.

But we will have to disagree about his overall pocket awareness.

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

:rolleyes2: pathetic response.

Not really, I shouldn't have to spoon feed it to you guys, I'm assuming we are all adults who watch the games. I'm not going to sit here and make a video montage.

you just realize how fast this dude is too. he needs to slide more but i want him to take off when it warrants

I can agree he was hamstrung by the OC about scrambling. I wish he was allowed to do that, he has the tools.

But we will have to disagree about his overall pocket awareness.

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

Not really, I shouldn't have to spoon feed it to you guys, I'm assuming we are all adults who watch the games. I'm not going to sit here and make a video montage.

Lol, well no point in wasting my time with you. You make zero attempts to validate your position. Instead, you attack others whose opinions differ from yours and insist that you're the only one who watches the games. Your thoughts in the future are now considered null & void of any intelligence whatsoever.

Lol, well no point in wasting my time with you. You make zero attempts to validate your position. Instead, you attack others whose opinions differ from yours and insist that you're the only one who watches the games. Your thoughts in the future are now considered null & void of any intelligence whatsoever.

LMFAO, try bringing an original opinion to the table.

I have clearly defeated you.... NEXT.

It doesn't matter what you show the short attention span, instant gratification crowd because they make no allowances for anything other than what they want right now.

These are the type of fans that would have run Drew Brees out of town in San Diego...the same San Diego fans that now have to live with Brees winning a Superbowl and heading for the hall of fame.

LMFAO, try bringing an original opinion to the table.

I have clearly defeated you.... NEXT.

LOL @ this clown.

I defeated you!!!

hahahahaha

Your opinions are crap supported by crap and served with a side of crap. The only thing you've defeated is what's left of anyone's respect for you. You've trampled that right into the ground by being such a classy poster. I love how you call others fanboys, yet your name is WALLACE, you joined WHEN WALLACE SIGNED. You are the epitome of a fanboy. And I don't question the "boy" part one bit, either. Come back and discuss football like an adult when you've grow some hair on that shriveled little raisin you call a nutsack, fanboy.

LOL @ this clown.

I defeated you!!!

hahahahaha

Your opinions are crap supported by crap and served with a side of crap. The only thing you've defeated is what's left of anyone's respect for you. You've trampled that right into the ground by being such a classy poster. I love how you call others fanboys, yet your name is WALLACE, you joined WHEN WALLACE SIGNED. You are the epitome of a fanboy. And I don't question the "boy" part one bit, either. Come back and discuss football like an adult when you've grow some hair on that shriveled little raisin you call a nutsack, fanboy.

He's clearly a teenager. Only someone that young would be so concerned about winning a debate with people you never met before. And only somEone that young would be so arrogant as to think they know more about football then people posting daily on a football forum because they love football so much

This video gets me all giddy for the season to start and to see where RT is at. I forgot how athletic the guy is and how tough this s.o.b can be. This video of elusiveness should be put alongside the video of all the sacks he took.

People looove to complain about his poor pocket presence, and for pretty good reason. But, it's way overblown for a guy who's started 51 games as QB in both college and pros. This year we should be able to see a bigger transformation in his game with a better OLine (hopefully)

Nailed it

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

It shouldn't take rt this long to develop. I understand its only two years. But the NFL now makes it soooo easy to be a qb if you possess the basic skills. Its starting to look like we have a slow learner on our hands and that's not good in today's nfl

What a load. By year 2 a qb should be a superstar? Players develop. Herp derp. Pretty rare for anyone to step into the league and be a monster.

Back
Top Bottom