Ryan to Rebuilding Clubs: How Convenient | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan to Rebuilding Clubs: How Convenient

:lol2:

ALMOST as comic as someone making over 11 thousand posts, avg 5.5posts/day on an enemy forum, most of which were made even before he wore out his welcome with gaggreen? (Cause you gotta admit, THAT's either pretty ****ing hysterical or pathetic.. so being PC, we'll just go with a case of "the funnies."):hi5:!
I promised to keep this a secret Vaark, but NYJunc sent me a message claiming to actually be a dolphin fan. :oops:

This was taken from a conference call with the South Florida media.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/4319/ryan-to-rebuilding-clubs-how-convenient

"I want to win now," Ryan said. "Every team in the league should want to win now. In my opinion it’s a copout for any team to say, 'We’ve got a four-year program.' Well, how convenient. Your contract is four years, or whatever. To me, I don’t see how that's justified.

"Every team in the league has the same amount of money, the same resources. So why shouldn't you go for the same goal? We’re going for the Super Bowl championship. If people say that’s ridiculous, I think it’s ridiculous you should have any other goal in mind."

The problem with this mentality is he is mortgaging the future when he really doesn't have the team to win now. I say mortgaging the future because the Jets GM openly stated Edwards won't be given a contract extension, and barring an uncapped year in 2010, which I don't believe will happen Edwards will be a free agent. Now some nay sayers will say what can you get with a 3rd and 5th round draft choice. I will tell you to look at our very own roster.

I actaully think this trade is going to help the Dolphins in the long run.
The Jets are going to rent Edwards for 1 year and come next years draft they won't have a 3rd or 5th rounder to show for it. Not a very good idea considering the lack of depth the Jets have on their team right now.

...Not to mention, back to step #1, no WR.

You can't really think Edwards is going to help you that much this week or this year for that matter. If you do I wish I lived in your world. It takes time for a QB and WR to develop a relationship. I will give you that it will happen, but probably not for 3-4 weeks. It is then the middle of the season. So you are telling me you are happy that your FO decided to trade a 3rd and 5th round draft choice, your best special teams player and your #2 receiver for a player who may honestly be able to help you for at most 8 weeks (if no CBA is reached because your GM already said a contract extension won't be offered).

Also, there is no way you are anywhere near a SB calliber team. You don't have the QB or the running game. I am not saying we have a SB team but lets be clear a spade is a spade and you don't have a SB calliber team.

The Jets are in the soft spot of their schedule with the Dolphins twice sandwiched with the Raiders and Bills and a bye. Plenty of time for Sanchez and Edwards to develop chemistry for the games against the Pats, Falcons, Colts and Bengals.

The attitude that the present is the most important and the future doesn't matter gets a lot of coaches fired. Look what that kind of attitude did for guys like Wannstedt and Saban. Heck, the Redskins have had that attitude for years, and how well has that worked out for them? The Jets are trying to buy a Super Bowl instead of building a long term team that will ultimately improve their chances of getting to the big game.

The Jets look better on paper and probably win more games this year and maybe next year because of the moves they are making instead of building through the draft and taking things slower. Three years down the road, Ryan will be fired and the Jets will be in shambles. Today the Jets look scarier, a couple of years from now? Laughing stock of the league. Book it.

I completely disagree with your post and think you are way off. Just off the top of my head I will list Jets players who are young or approaching their primes. Revis, Rhodes, David Harris, Bart Scott, Jenkins,Pace Ferguson at LT and Mangold at C ( argubly the 2 most important Oline positions to build around) Braylon Edwards Cotchery L Washington Sanchez Brad Smith Dustin Keller. Uh, thats a pretty young core of players if you ask me, so Im really not understanding what you are talking about at all.

JT and Porter will be retired in 2 years, and the Phins will need OLB's desperately. Channing Crowder will still suck in 2 years. You can book those if you like.

The future is now says Rex... Did he mortgage the future...? Time will tell...

Not looking so good the next few years... could be lean for the Green

The future is now says Rex... Did he mortgage the future...? Time will tell...

Not looking so good the next few years... could be lean for the Green

Huh? why isn't it looking too good?

We have a QB of the future
We have 2 younger RBs in Leon and Shonn Greene and Jones still has younger legs
We have 2 PB caliber young Ol at the 2 most important OL positions
We have a young pass acthcing TE
We have 2 WRs who should start for a few years to come

We need help on the DL as Jenkins is getting older and coming off injury and our DEs aren't young.
We have excellent in their prime LBs
We have a young star CB, 2 good in their prime Safeties.

We mneed a corner opposite Revis and some help up front. In the draft we should be thinking OL and DL to replenish some of the older guys in the coming years.

We are in GREAT shape as long as the QB develops.

We need help on the DL as Jenkins is getting older and coming off injury and our DEs aren't young.

We mneed a corner opposite Revis and some help up front. In the draft we should be thinking OL and DL to replenish some of the older guys in the coming years.

The problem is you have all these things in place and you still can't win.
With Sanchez it looks more like IF he develops rather than when at this point.

throwing a bunch of players together doesn't equate to wins...

Your chemistry sucks..., has for years...

Your QB is no sure thing..., he was a reach...

Oh yah and that Braylon guy did he not drop a sure TD...? Get used to it...

Isn't this a little bit contradictory of your post in the other thread, that the Jets are average???

With guys like that, you wouldn't think the Jets would be so bad...

Isn't this a little bit contradictory of your post in the other thread, that the Jets are average???

Thank you for s.p.e.l.l.i.n.g. it out to him...

cartman_scott-1.jpg

The problem is you have all these things in place and you still can't win.
With Sanchez it looks more like IF he develops rather than when at this point.

We have the SAME record as you guys and we are playing w/ a rookie QB and w/o our best O and D players.

Sanchez is getting better every week, he is clearly developing.

throwing a bunch of players together doesn't equate to wins...

Your chemistry sucks..., has for years...

Your QB is no sure thing..., he was a reach...

Oh yah and that Braylon guy did he not drop a sure TD...? Get used to it...

Actaully Braylon didn't drop a TD, he dropped a 2 pt conversion BUT the ball was a tad behind him and the defender made a great hit to knock it out. It wasn't a bad drop.

Why does our chemistry suck?

We are playing like an average to below average team but we have better talent than that. Please don't forget we have a rookie QB and rookie HC and we have lost 2 of our most important players in the last 3-4 weeks.

It's not like we are getting killed every week.

Back
Top Bottom