S~MITCH MEEUWSEN ~ OREGON STATE (signed Miami) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

S~MITCH MEEUWSEN ~ OREGON STATE (signed Miami)

Let me make you PHin fans get a little hyper....

The Bronco's signed Browner but this guy is good also....

Mitch Meewsen, S, Oregon State

Why Is Meewsen Projected in the 4th Round. He's faster than both the top ranked safeties, Davis and Pool. He has 20 career touchdowns; Davis has 3; Pool has 9.

S Mitch Meeuwsen, Oregon State
How can a guy with 217 career tackles (including 10.5 for loss), 29 passes defensed and 20 collegiate interceptions go so unnoticed? When you make 11 tackles against the national champions, get 20 picks in a conference that has included Aaron Rodgers, Kyle Boller, Andrew Walters and two Heisman trophy winners in Matt Leinart (how much easier would mocks be if he’d declared?) and Carson Palmer you’d imagine it’d be hard to be ignored. This guy is a bona-fide ballhawk and is as productive as anyone in the NCAA. By the way, he runs a 4.7 40yd dash, so the rest gets completely ignored.

Well, he didn't run a 4.7/40 at the Combine -- he was projected at 4.7. He didn't run at all at the Combine. At Oregon State's Pro Day he ran 4.49/40.

No player got less respect come All-Star time than Oregon State star Mitch Meeuwsen. Spurned by the Senior Bowl and the East-West game, Meeuwsen has made the best of his time in Vegas by garnering a ton of praise from a slew of observers. He's an athlete with great size, terrific hitting ability and good leadership qualities. Production wise, few safeties in PAC-10 history have had a better career than Meeuwsen, a 2004 Thorpe award finalist. Lack of speed is the major knock against him, but that hasn't been a problem in Vegas.

Pool - 6'1" 207" 4.54/40 172 tackles - 9 interceptions
Davis 6'1" 230 4.53/40 272 tackles - 3 interceptions - 4 forced fumbles
Meeuwsen - 6/2" 210 - 4.49/40 - 217 tackles - 20 interceptions - 9 recovered fumbles

I really like this signing by Saban. I hope that Saban will bring in a few more safties.

Wow...I may be jumping on the Mitch Meeuwsen bandwagon!! I have been reading a lot on this kid just now and everything I see is favorable. Part of me is almost hoping he can emerge as our starting FS...even if we have to take some lumps in his play for him to learn.

Mitch is super smart, aware and instinctive. He is a very cerebral player, a coach on the field so to speak and Saban's defense functions best with that type of FS. Look how much better LSU played when Jack Hunt was at FS. He has similar qualities to Sean Considine, the Iowa FS that the Eagles picked to lead off round 4.

I can't see him playing fulltime FS for us. However I can see him trying to switch to SS and being our nickel package SS.

Since I could have seen Considine being our starting FS as a rook if we had drafted him, which I was hoping for, then I have to see the same thing about Mitch. But then again, I'm biased slightly in favor of my Ducks and Beavers, though I'm trying to be objective here. :)

can somebody find me some highlight videos with him?

i like him, he's a big guy who can play in several places on the defense. fits perfectly into the depth of a 3-4 defense :)

I would rather take someone with good instincts, vision, and and play making ability, because that stuff cannot be taught. Hopefully Saban can add some strength and develop this kids athletic ability. We def need some quality depth at safety, maybe he can be used in certain schemes.

We should have signed Rosegreen instead of this dude

OrangeCrush said:
Let me make you PHin fans get a little hyper....

The Bronco's signed Browner but this guy is good also....

Mitch Meewsen, S, Oregon State

Why Is Meewsen Projected in the 4th Round. He's faster than both the top ranked safeties, Davis and Pool. He has 20 career touchdowns; Davis has 3; Pool has 9.

S Mitch Meeuwsen, Oregon State
How can a guy with 217 career tackles (including 10.5 for loss), 29 passes defensed and 20 collegiate interceptions go so unnoticed? When you make 11 tackles against the national champions, get 20 picks in a conference that has included Aaron Rodgers, Kyle Boller, Andrew Walters and two Heisman trophy winners in Matt Leinart (how much easier would mocks be if he’d declared?) and Carson Palmer you’d imagine it’d be hard to be ignored. This guy is a bona-fide ballhawk and is as productive as anyone in the NCAA. By the way, he runs a 4.7 40yd dash, so the rest gets completely ignored.

Well, he didn't run a 4.7/40 at the Combine -- he was projected at 4.7. He didn't run at all at the Combine. At Oregon State's Pro Day he ran 4.49/40.

No player got less respect come All-Star time than Oregon State star Mitch Meeuwsen. Spurned by the Senior Bowl and the East-West game, Meeuwsen has made the best of his time in Vegas by garnering a ton of praise from a slew of observers. He's an athlete with great size, terrific hitting ability and good leadership qualities. Production wise, few safeties in PAC-10 history have had a better career than Meeuwsen, a 2004 Thorpe award finalist. Lack of speed is the major knock against him, but that hasn't been a problem in Vegas.

Pool - 6'1" 207" 4.54/40 172 tackles - 9 interceptions
Davis 6'1" 230 4.53/40 272 tackles - 3 interceptions - 4 forced fumbles
Meeuwsen - 6/2" 210 - 4.49/40 - 217 tackles - 20 interceptions - 9 recovered fumbles

Nice read OrangeCrush... where is it from? Link? Just curious. THX.

Hey guys! This is the Safety that I said we would sign as a FA after the draft : ) (Some said you would "hold me to it.") I know that Saban is digging and these signings are NOT random. I bet he has been tracking these guys and he's a lot more excited than we are. Keep in mind, you are talking about one of the best recruiters in Football. He JUST got out of college football.

Back
Top Bottom