S~MITCH MEEUWSEN ~ OREGON STATE (signed Miami) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

S~MITCH MEEUWSEN ~ OREGON STATE (signed Miami)

Bleaver said:
He tackles.

Sometimes.

Not to say he didn't clock a few people in the 4 years he played. (I've seen every game he's played in).

But his Modus Operandi is to angle tackle and he doesnt really accelerate through the hit. His pad level is always too high. I wouldn't call it a lack of courage. He's a hell of an athlete and super saavy but for all the interceptions there were enough times, even as a senior when he didn't or couldnt keep the reciever in front of him and got beat like he was standing still that you said hmmm.

I dont trust 40 times so he may have even run a 4.5 but I would say on the field he's got to keep the reciever in front of him because he doesnt have much catch up.
Still, I say he makes the team because the nfl INT is like the nba blocked shot- it alters the complexion of the game and its cashmoney Mitch is going to get his picks, even up there.

Here's a partial list of qbs that Mitch has felched (there's more but im lazy):

Joey Harrington
Matt Leinart
Alex Smith
Timmy Chang
A.J Feeley
Randy Fasani

Here's what you do- you put him in at FS and you say Mitch- Dont get beat. Make the Last Tackle and Intercept the ball. And he pretty much will... Just dont blitz him and play lots of cover 2 zone. There are less productive safeties starting in the NFL. Personally I like the safeties that THWACK first and think ball later but Im just a fan. If Im the coach I sign Mitch and start putting him in right away cuz he's gonna get me the ball.

Great post. Welcome to the board.

Back
Top Bottom