S~MITCH MEEUWSEN ~ OREGON STATE (signed Miami) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

S~MITCH MEEUWSEN ~ OREGON STATE (signed Miami)

NE had a somewhat smaller FS this past season, but Wilson is a converted corner who would be average size for that position if he went back there.
As I recall, the Giants had good size in both safeties when BB was the DC. Wasn't Eric Turner a really big FS in Cleveland? I'm afraid you lost me on the idea that BB has usually had a tiny FS. Who would some of those tiny FSs be?
Who ever will be the FS, we'll be running the Nick Saban rather than BB defense anyway. :)

MrClean said:
NE had a somewhat smaller FS this past season, but Wilson is a converted corner who would be average size for that position if he went back there.
As I recall, the Giants had good size in both safeties when BB was the DC. Wasn't Eric Turner a really big FS in Cleveland? I'm afraid you lost me on the idea that BB has usually had a tiny FS. Who would some of those tiny FSs be?
Who ever will be the FS, we'll be running the Nick Saban rather than BB defense anyway. :)

BB as ahead coach I'm saying currently and yes Eugene Wilson is the only one I'm talking about really other than what's his name Reid? However Tebucky is also a fast SS so we don't need to make up for a lack of speed like the Pats do with Rodney(they play him perfectly with Eugene).

The reason why MM didn't get drafted is he doesnt hit

He tackles.

Sometimes.

Not to say he didn't clock a few people in the 4 years he played. (I've seen every game he's played in).

But his Modus Operandi is to angle tackle and he doesnt really accelerate through the hit. His pad level is always too high. I wouldn't call it a lack of courage. He's a hell of an athlete and super saavy but for all the interceptions there were enough times, even as a senior when he didn't or couldnt keep the reciever in front of him and got beat like he was standing still that you said hmmm.

I dont trust 40 times so he may have even run a 4.5 but I would say on the field he's got to keep the reciever in front of him because he doesnt have much catch up.
Still, I say he makes the team because the nfl INT is like the nba blocked shot- it alters the complexion of the game and its cashmoney Mitch is going to get his picks, even up there.

Here's a partial list of qbs that Mitch has felched (there's more but im lazy):

Joey Harrington
Matt Leinart
Alex Smith
Timmy Chang
A.J Feeley
Randy Fasani

Here's what you do- you put him in at FS and you say Mitch- Dont get beat. Make the Last Tackle and Intercept the ball. And he pretty much will... Just dont blitz him and play lots of cover 2 zone. There are less productive safeties starting in the NFL. Personally I like the safeties that THWACK first and think ball later but Im just a fan. If Im the coach I sign Mitch and start putting him in right away cuz he's gonna get me the ball.

Do you know why Mitch is in Miami?

Because Saban watched him play against LSU in September, and Mitch was all over the field. Mitch had an uncanny ability to be around the ball in college. I think if I HAD to compare him to someone, it would be John Lynch.

And another upside. Good citizen. Doubt you will ever see his name in the paper for screwing up.

has anyone got any video clips of him?

Sorry Beavermobilly
"John Lynch" ?
You have got to be joking. Lynch hits like a bag of marbles not a bag of chocolates.
John Lynch! GOT CABLE?

"Bleaver" you are a fraud....

And know little of Mitch. MM played 2001-2004.

You stated,
"Here's a partial list of qbs that Mitch has felched (there's more but im lazy):

Joey Harrington
Matt Leinart
Alex Smith
Timmy Chang
A.J Feeley
Randy Fasani"

Ducks: Harrington & Feeley graduated in 2001, Feeley didn't play in that game & Harrington didn't trough an interception.

Utah: Alex Smith, The Beavers didn't play Utah any of those years.

Hawaii: Timmy Chang, Beavers played them last in a Bowl game in 1999.

Stanford: Randy Fasani, Beavs didn't play them in '01, 02 QB was Matter, '03 was Lewis & Edwards, '04 was Edwards.

Me think you are one of them evil duck fans (The dark side) putting out BS on my beloved Beavers. Try to do better next time.

Phin fans, you'll love MM, The guy can & Does hit.

beavermobile said:
Because Saban watched him play against LSU in September, and Mitch was all over the field. Mitch had an uncanny ability to be around the ball in college. I think if I HAD to compare him to someone, it would be John Lynch.

And another upside. Good citizen. Doubt you will ever see his name in the paper for screwing up.

That's odd. He must have been all over the field so much that the stat line in that game couldn't catch up to him. Goose eggs across the board. Check it out...

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/playerDetail.jsp?yr=2004&org=528&player=5

What about Passes defended, FRs, Tackles, ATs? Thought so.

jeh58 said:
What about Passes defended, FRs, Tackles, ATs? Thought so.

Nevermind. I'll put down the ricky now and slowly walk away.:escape:

Look. I'm biased, okay?

fint0xicated said:
That's odd. He must have been all over the field so much that the stat line in that game couldn't catch up to him. Goose eggs across the board. Check it out...

Like jeh58 said, the stat line DOESN'T show a lot of things. Mitch is A Number One in MY book. he has the one thing that you can't coach, and that is that he is ALWAYS around the ball. Has he gotten beat? Of curse he has. Freakin' deion Sanders got beat.

And bleaver, who happens to be a friend of mine, did someone hijack your user name? lololol
bleaver is without a doubt, the BIGGEST homer in the history of homers. As a matter of fact, you ever hear of the Illiad? Bleaver wrote that under his nom de plume, HOMER! Why are you dissing Mitch?!?!?!

I'm watching the LSU vs. Oregon State game now, on LSUSPORTS.TV. I'll write a report on what I see in a little bit on Mitch..

Play #1 from Mitch..

It was a third and long and play, were Randall (LSU's Qb) rolled out and hit #80, who caugth the ball, and than WHam, BHam, here comes #5 (Mitch ) who laid #80 Flat out cold, right in front of the Beavers bench. Mitch than proceeded to talk trash to the receiver while he was knocked out on the floor..what a hit..So far so Good..WOw..I have to hit the replay button..Bham.. He cleaned him out..

Back
Top Bottom