Saban an the Dolphins should be ashamed | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban an the Dolphins should be ashamed

the Chiefs offense does a considerable amount of shifting to confuse defenses. The Dolphins had little time to watch film & prepare. The Chiefs O has been in the top 5 for at least 3 years(down this year with loss of Roaf) & been together for 4 years. The lack of prep time was less important for them

phinking said:
So if they are that much better than us then Dave Wannstedt and Rick Speilman have totally distroyed this franchise and no amount of Nick Sabans will ever get it back to the top in yours or my lifetime.

Lets just jump to the insane and ludacris section with this statement.

They played like **** against KC. I was disappointed. Gus missed 2 sure touchdowns, 1 to booker and 1 chambers I believe. I was honestly most disappointed with our run D. But Miami did get the penalties down and it's hard to imagine that they will play any worse than that this year. Plus our schedule gets easier.

But I must say while I am disappointed with the game against KC I still think it is way to early to try and pass judgement on saban 6 games in.

The expectations of some fans are ridiculous. You should be happy that we're 2-4 and not looking like the dysmal team from last year. Rome wasn't built in a day.

painnotpleasure said:
I have to disagree, I think the Chiefs are definitely a playoff calibur team and as for the AFC West, it's going to be VERY close and competitive between Kansas City, Denver, and San Diego. While Denver looks to be in the best shape, I think they may finish second in the West.

As for Kansas City's Rush D, they are ranked 8th. Their Pass D is ranked 30ths but they have the same secondary as we did last year with Surtain and Knight, with no Madison or Arturo Freeman. Instead of Freeman, they have Wesley (and Jerome Woods) who I would clearly say is better and Warfield and McCleon whom are not calibur players like Sam Madison, they have better Depth at CB than us. I'd say they're among the best in the NFL in the hardest division in the NFL or at least AFC. Their pass rush has been a much better especially with Jared Allen emerging who has been emerging and they've got nice Depth at DE with Jared Allen, Eric Hicks, Carlos Hall, and Jimmy Wilkerson. Their LB'ers are improving with Derrick Johnson, Kawika Mitchell, Kendrell Bell, and Shawn Barber. They're a pretty damn good football team.

The Chargers and Broncos are better teams and even though San Diego is finding every unbelievable way to lose games this year eventually the bad luck luck should start to fade and when it does they will rip off 6 out of 8. The Chargers are favored by 5 this sunday over the CHIEFS. They shouldve been favored by four or even two(if you go by record) Why would vegas make them a 5 point favorite when they have an inferior record to kc? answer: they're better. KC has a shot at the final wild card spot. They will battle Jacksonville and Cincinnati and possibly (outside shot) the raiders. I still say they are like last years bills a tough team but not a playoff team

as for the breakdown you are correct about the secondary. mccleon sitting should improve them but sammy knight is still the same slow safety we remember him to be. wesley is ok nothing special. warfield helps big time. Jared Allen who you mentioned is the only pass rush threat on that line. the linebacking crew is interesting. I'm a huge fan of derrick johnson. he ws my number one choice for our first pick last year, with braylon edwards second. the offensive line though good is not as good as they were last year. the receivers are serviceable but nothing special. they're good but not ggreat in anything other than their running game. its not enough to gain entry into the playoffs unless they get some lucky bounces along the way which is always possible.

KC just got roaf back, as well, which makes them better up front. they love to run to his side, and i'm sure just having him in there was a big boost for them.

phinking said:
The more I think about that K.C. game, the more upset I'm becoming. Can anyone justify losing to a team that flew into your city 6 hrs before game
time, with no chance to have even 1 walkthrough on your team's field, no
sleep and totally embarass the home team like that? Saban really should be embarrassed. He is probably the highest paid headcoach in football with by far the largest coaching staff. And this is the performance us fans are getting?

:stupid: Seriously you don't need Saban or the Dolphins to be embarrassed......... read some of your posts. This topic has been covered several times over by the way Sherlock. Next time, look for your nearest Saban bashing thread, and post your, oh so important rant on him, around page 15. Yes we played bad. Yes we lost. What does the # of assistant coaches and his salary have to do with anyhting? If we paid him 10 bucks and gave him 1 assistant coach, could you then hold your head up high again? Seriously I have seen some posts today that really make you wonder what people are thinking when they write them. Suprisingly this one is not the worst. Yes we need to win games. No you do not have the answers. After posting that Ronnie was a bust you think that would be like a wake up call. Please think before you post people. If it's been said once go ahead and say it again. If it's been said 100's of times...... someone beat you to it....... let it go.

phinking said:
But Saban can pull an ineffectivve Quarterback.

what he said, he pulled Gus too late last game. Most likely Gus will have a decent game against the saints cause they are terrible. But come next week vs the falcons, their D will rip him apart and I hope Saban has the balls to swallow his pride and love for Gus and pull his *** in the 2nd half if need be.

Back
Top Bottom