Saban an the Dolphins should be ashamed | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban an the Dolphins should be ashamed

The Goat said:
No...seriously...get a grip. It's six games into the Saban era, you're hostile, and your best arguments are coming dangerously close to falling into the "I'm rubber, you're glue" category.

Calm down...have some dip.
You're right man, I am totally upset with this team right now and I'm taking it out on everything and everbody. But there is not one thing I said in that starting thread that is not true.

phinking said:
You're right man, I am totally upset with this team right now and I'm taking it out on everything and everbody. But there is not one thing I said in that starting thread that is not true.

You implied that Saban isn't giving us our money's worth right from the get go. I think that's what got a lot of us riled. Six games is not enough time to judge the future.

Patience. :)

Eric-Honduras said:
Chiefs rank #9 in total offense. #7 in TOP.(fins 3rd to last).

Chiefs have better players...Miami is struggling... theres your reason

get over it..

look forward to the saints game...
The qustion was not posed to you
.....loser.

Mod Edit: This is posed to you. Please refrain from using personal attacks. Refer to the TOS for more information.

phinking said:
posts huh? Somebody has WAAAAY to o much time on his hands.

Nice way to change the argument. This was the best excuse you could come up with?

As a Dolphins fan I am displeased with the loss. As a human being I am understanding that the Miami players had a lot more to worry about than the Chiefs on Friday. They were wondering where they were going to be living for the next week or maybe longer. I think we should give them a Mulligan on this one. But, please start Sage this week. No reason not to, IMO.

Saban wasn't the one misfiring on sure TDs or whiffing tackles.

The Goat said:
You implied that Saban isn't giving us our money's worth right from the get go. I think that's what got a lot of us riled. Six games is not enough time to judge the future.

Patience. :)
Is it fair to say we all expected competitive football from this team? I knew we wouldn't be a playoff team, but having Ricky Williams back, along with McMichael, Booker,Ronnie Brown Chris Chambers then havin Zach, Jason taylor, Junior Seau, Sam Madison and even new comer Lance Schulters ought to be enough to keep any team competitive no matter who they're playing at home. The Dolphins are regressing each passing week and I don't like it.

Phinz4Life said:
Saban wasn't the one misfiring on sure TDs or whiffing tackles.
But Saban can pull an ineffectivve Quarterback.

adamprez2003 said:
how good are they? they have no pass rush an average secondary, they're decent not great against the run and their best receiver is a tight end. They wont even make the playoffs this year. Losing to them is like losing to the Bills last year. tough team but not playoff caliber
I have to disagree, I think the Chiefs are definitely a playoff calibur team and as for the AFC West, it's going to be VERY close and competitive between Kansas City, Denver, and San Diego. While Denver looks to be in the best shape, I think they may finish second in the West.

As for Kansas City's Rush D, they are ranked 8th. Their Pass D is ranked 30ths but they have the same secondary as we did last year with Surtain and Knight, with no Madison or Arturo Freeman. Instead of Freeman, they have Wesley (and Jerome Woods) who I would clearly say is better and Warfield and McCleon whom are not calibur players like Sam Madison, they have better Depth at CB than us. I'd say they're among the best in the NFL in the hardest division in the NFL or at least AFC. Their pass rush has been a much better especially with Jared Allen emerging who has been emerging and they've got nice Depth at DE with Jared Allen, Eric Hicks, Carlos Hall, and Jimmy Wilkerson. Their LB'ers are improving with Derrick Johnson, Kawika Mitchell, Kendrell Bell, and Shawn Barber. They're a pretty damn good football team.

One reader brought up a point that Saban may give Frerotte this week since it's a road game to get his act together or name Rosenfels the starter for the next home
game if Frerotte fails. It makes sense because I would hate to be Frerotte in front
of thousands of Dolphin fans if he remains the starter and overthrows that first pass.
Saban would have to face the same decision Shula faced when Sammy Smith fumbled at the goal lin against Houston and again at Chicago the following week back in 1991.
But I'm sure Mr. Honduras can relate to all that because that's his brand of football.

Wow.. You totally missed the point of that last mod note, didn't you? The Goat, could you get in here and try to sprinkle a little more peace on this guy?

Ross said:
I think the point is, Vermiel has his team ready to play. Saban didn't...
Well then it doesn't speak well about Saban, does it?

Ross said:
I think the point is, Vermiel has his team ready to play. Saban didn't...
I don't know if you can put it all on Saban though. Like I said earlier in this thread, the Chiefs used their adversity as a motivational tool. Contrast that with what the Dolphins experienced -- a nearly empty stadium for a home game. These teams were in two different places emotionally at the start of that game.

painnotpleasure said:
I have to disagree, I think the Chiefs are definitely a playoff calibur team and as for the AFC West, it's going to be VERY close and competitive between Kansas City, Denver, and San Diego. While Denver looks to be in the best shape, I think they may finish second in the West.

As for Kansas City's Rush D, they are ranked 8th. Their Pass D is ranked 30ths but they have the same secondary as we did last year with Surtain and Knight, with no Madison or Arturo Freeman. Instead of Freeman, they have Wesley (and Jerome Woods) who I would clearly say is better and Warfield and McCleon whom are not calibur players like Sam Madison, they have better Depth at CB than us. I'd say they're among the best in the NFL in the hardest division in the NFL or at least AFC. Their pass rush has been a much better especially with Jared Allen emerging who has been emerging and they've got nice Depth at DE with Jared Allen, Eric Hicks, Carlos Hall, and Jimmy Wilkerson. Their LB'ers are improving with Derrick Johnson, Kawika Mitchell, Kendrell Bell, and Shawn Barber. They're a pretty damn good football team.

Great post. Hell yes they are a good team. I thought all along that they would make the playoffs. Derrick Johnson automatically gives them an improved defense and Pat Surtain is still a Pro Bowl CB. They have a good head coach and a solid offense. KC could make some noise in the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom