Saban “I hate it...” | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban “I hate it...”

I think Vic Beasley is the type of unheralded F/A the Dolphins would try to sign. He'll provide a pass rush for sure. Hopefully IF, Miami does sign him, he's able to revitalize his career being under the tutelage of Hobby, once again.

The Lions just signed OG bust Joshua Garnett from the 49ers so they aren't likely to sign Graham Glasgow. I think he is worth a hard look in free agency to fill one of the guard spots. He has also played center so he has some versatility.

The Lions just signed OG bust Joshua Garnett from the 49ers so they aren't likely to sign Graham Glasgow. I think he is worth a hard look in free agency to fill one of the guard spots. He has also played center so he has some versatility.
ej5d51ad79.gif

Is he good?
The first article I found doing a quick search showed that he was the 3rd rated OG after week 5 this season. https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2019...o-1-center-graham-glasgow-no-3-guard-per-pff/

For some reason Patricia was rotating the guards and Glasgow doesn't seem happy with it so he is exploring free agency and not willing to give Detroit a home town discount.

And this article says that he finished the season as the 11th highest rated OG for 2019. https://www.mlive.com/lions/2019/12...mb-not-to-test-free-agency-at-this-point.html

The first article I found doing a quick search showed that he was the 3rd rated OG after week 5 this season. https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2019...o-1-center-graham-glasgow-no-3-guard-per-pff/

For some reason Patricia was rotating the guards and Glasgow doesn't seem happy with it so he is exploring free agency and not willing to give Detroit a home town discount.

And this article says that he finished the season as the 11th highest rated OG for 2019. https://www.mlive.com/lions/2019/12...mb-not-to-test-free-agency-at-this-point.html
You may be right. He has apparently played both gaurd positions, RT and center. Maybe a decent depth guy.

My concern would be that he couldn't find a permanent gig on a bad Detroit team, and is reportedly unhappy that he has to split time in a "platoon" situation under Patricia.

You may be right. He has apparently played both gaurd positions, RT and center. Maybe a decent depth guy.

My concern would be that he couldn't find a permanent gig on a bad Detroit team, and is reportedly unhappy that he has to split time in a "platoon" situation under Patricia.
Patricia tried to be the smartest guy in the room rather than put the best team on the field. They were in true tank mode down the stretch working on like their 5th QB and battling injuries on both sides of the ball. They will need to resign both tackles and are going to be stretched in giving a third offensive lineman a second contract.

Patricia and Quinn have been put on notice and are in "win now" mode so they will probably be reckless in free agency to try and save their skin. Patricia is a buffoon and from the past two years has not proven to be a good talent evaluator. And Quinn is no better. Those are two guys that Belichick was probably not sad to see go.

Patricia tried to be the smartest guy in the room rather than put the best team on the field. They were in true tank mode down the stretch working on like their 5th QB and battling injuries on both sides of the ball. They will need to resign both tackles and are going to be stretched in giving a third offensive lineman a second contract.

Patricia and Quinn have been put on notice and are in "win now" mode so they will probably be reckless in free agency to try and save their skin. Patricia is a buffoon and from the past two years has not proven to be a good talent evaluator. And Quinn is no better. Those are two guys that Belichick was probably not sad to see go.

I see them actually going crazy in FA to add around Stafford for one more chance to make it deep in the playoffs. Also by adding a stud on the defense at 3 or 5.

Very intriguing. Sounds like a pretty solid player, who has been improving. Versatile and durable. I’m all for it too! I’d be down to just sign him and Thuney. Our guard spots would be locked down for the foreseeable future. The tackle spots obviously need big help still but a round 1 OT would be great. Jesse Davis for now / a RT to develop in the draft- after day 1. Center we can probably get by with Kilgore / Boehm for now with upgrades around them but still wouldn’t be mad about drafting a center this year (next year for sure if we don’t add anyone this year)

I like the idea of Glasgow on the interior because it's a good match to have him next to a rookie G or C as well as Deiter, should he improve enough to play. You could also play him at LG if we end up with a rookie LT and C. Maybe even someone from the same college (Michigan) like Cesar Ruiz.

Back
Top Bottom