Saban “I hate it...” | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban “I hate it...”

great, but that won't help with his decision making, progressions or pocket awareness
Do you know, for certain, that this is an issue? I have heard opinions on the matter, but only his coaches, and teammates know how he was taught, and exactly what he was asked to do.

Do you know, for certain, that this is an issue? I have heard opinions on the matter, but only his coaches, and teammates know how he was taught, and exactly what he was asked to do.
I just know what I read:

"...Bad decision making doesn’t seem to come from getting rattled as much as it does lapses in judgment when it happens. Has a tendency to stare down receivers..."

"...Herbert needs to improve his field vision and working through his progressions..."

"...He has the arm strength, accuracy and athleticism you like to see in a quarterback, but the other things like decision making, progressions and pocket awareness need to be improved...."

"...When pressured, it appears that Herbert gets flustered and is known to take his eyes from downfield. He does not have a natural feel in the pocket yet..."

I go hard after WR Amari Cooper, LT Trent Williams. OG Joe Thuney as priorities then price LB Kyle Van Noy and S Devin McCourty in FA

5 QB Tua
18 catch someone slipping down, possible trade down and still stay in 1st and add pick late 2nd possibly
26 RT Mekhi Becton
39 RB Dobbins
56 C Llyod Cushenberry

3rd-4th like TE Cheyenne O’Grady - need investigating and risk assessment - inline TE who can block and receiver and is tough as nails.

That's what I like so far.....spend to the cap limit in FA there is no carry over.
Make the offense go....

Last edited:
I think it is likely that Herbert is there at #5, so that is my plan. If he isn't, he isn't. What can you do.

I'm not trading away multiple firsts on a "roll of the dice".

I am not a fan of Herbert, and I would not be excited if we picked him. I would be very disappointed with our FO wasting the value of the number 5 pick on Herbert. There are at least 12 players with more value than Herbert In my opinion.

I go hard after WR Amari Cooper, LT Trent Williams. OG Joe Thuney as priorities then price LB Kyle Van Noy and S Devin McCourty in FA

5 QB Tua
18 catch someone slipping down, possible trade down and still stay in 1st and add pick late 2nd possibly
26 RT Mekhi Becton
39 RB Dobbins
56 C Llyod Cushenberry

That's what I like so far.....spend to the cap limit in FA there is no carry over.

Cooper being 25 will cost too much (will be a waste of) money, no way he isnt asking for 17-20 million a year and this is the deepest draft in recent memory with WR to compliment the current core. Williams isnt a FA and you would have to trade, cant see value there. Thuney has to be a high level target for this FO but we will see if his price tag is too high. Van Noy and McCourty will be kept. Keeping that defense together is key if they want Brady back, he wont want the team to slip on that side of the ball.

I agree Tua at #3-5
18. I agree need to find best value for filling a hole
26. Becton wont last this long more likely Jones
39. see grabbing a S like Winfield or Davis might have to go IOL like Chushenberry or Hennessy
56. no way Cushenberry last this long he is in the 25-40 range

Do not spend too much cap this year, the team is developing no need to make some sort of tremendous splash. Look for 7 or 8 $7-10 million guys more than 2 or 3 $17-20 million guys.

great, but that won't help with his decision making, progressions or pocket awareness

So true … (coaching should help those issues IF they are real)
But at least he will see the practice field and we KNOW we will be able to evaluate him ... on the other hand we don't know how long Tua rides the pine until we finally get to evaluate him ... we could wait an entire season (or more) before it is known ... too risky for a team with as many question marks as we have at the moment ... Tua needs to be with a team that has a proven starter and system in place making the gamble less costly and less painful should it not work out ...

For those reasons ... I'm out

BTW .... this is a speculation thread ... all dreams are welcome

So true … (coaching should help those issues IF they are real)
But at least he will see the practice field and we KNOW we will be able to evaluate him ... on the other hand we don't know how long Tua rides the pine until we finally get to evaluate him ... we could wait an entire season (or more) before it is known ... too risky for a team with as many question marks as we have at the moment ... Tua needs to be with a team that has a proven starter and system in place making the gamble less costly and less painful should it not work out ...

For those reasons ... I'm out

BTW .... this is a speculation thread ... all dreams are welcome
considering his progress so far and the fact that he will be throwing in a couple months, I really don't see that happening.
also, I feel like choosing a healthy QB that sucks just ensures sucky QB play every week

Back
Top Bottom