Saban “I hate it...” | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban “I hate it...”

I'd be much happier with a double dip of drafted Tackles. Maybe one in the first and one in the third.

But then again, I'm anti-Tua and pro-trading down from #5 to pick up another high pick.

Yes, I know... completely different than most here.

I'd be much happier with a double dip of drafted Tackles. Maybe one in the first and one in the third.

But then again, I'm anti-Tua and pro-trading down from #5 to pick up another high pick.

I'm not going to harp on you for that its your opinion and i can respect it..

I'm warming up to Herbert but i fear if we have just another "Good" QB he will get run out of this town so imo you have to swing for the fences and take a chance on Tua whom most can see greatness when he is healthy.

Jordan Love and Jacob eason have strong as hell arms but out of the two Jordan Love is better but in most drafts i'd say they are 2nd or 3rd round guys..
By the way from what i've read of his senior bowl practice love was erratic made good throws and some bad ones but thats generally what i expected out of him.

I'm not "anti Tua" … but I don't think/believe he is OUR best option. With our history of not getting it right for so long and the other needs we have I wouldn't gamble on him overcoming the injury. The position is too important to tie up a roster spot for a year with hope that we got it right. Resources are too valuable for a depleted roster to spend with the same hope. A new HC doesn't have the luxury of hoping he got the QB position right. I think they will roll with Fitz/Rosen after drafting a QB to groom but don't believe it will be Tua.... :munch:

Of course this is pure speculation and as always...IMO:chuckle:

I think your assessment of Grier is a little harsh. He was a subordinate during the majority of those years in the blame the teams problem solely on him is a bit of a stretch.
grier does have to assume responsibility to a degree. We do need to wait and see how his next couple of drafts pan out. The issue is finding out how much Mike T. controlled throughout his tenure.

I give grier a pass because you see tannebaum and his analysis for Herbert being the first pick He points to Herbert "looking like big ben" as one of the traits he looks for in a top QB. It kind of shows you how he evaluates talent and why we had issues selecting players here.

Grier deserves patience but I'm still as concerned as those who want him fired

Josh Jones will fly up the board after combine, he would lock down LT, we may have to use 18 on him to get him. I think his best days are a few years away and will be a very good pass protector with average run blocking.

Whatever we do we cannot have that stiff we got from the Texans starting. Dieter needs to be depth. Davis needs legit competition oh and we need a new center too.

Last edited:
HMMM ...
So apparently the Chargers have moved on from Rivers
Rivers has moved his family to Florida

Does the Chargers have a QB now? …. Will they sign Newton? ...

It looks like they are going to jump ahead of us to grab one … unless they think we draft Tua …

IF they jump us and grab Herbert (and IF we don't take a gamble on Tua) …. do we still draft a QB at 5?

Panthers will need a QB to replace Newton … do they try to move up? Are we headed for a bidding war?

I hope not ... would be a shame to be cornered into trading way too much ... here's hoping we don't trade up at all ....

But, if this happens, who do you pick at 5 if we don't budge ... QB?... DE? ... OL?

HMMM ...
So apparently the Chargers have moved on from Rivers
Rivers has moved his family to Florida

Does the Chargers have a QB now? …. Will they sign Newton? ...

It looks like they are going to jump ahead of us to grab one … unless they think we draft Tua …

IF they jump us and grab Herbert (and IF we don't take a gamble on Tua) …. do we still draft a QB at 5?

Panthers will need a QB to replace Newton … do they try to move up? Are we headed for a bidding war?

I hope not ... would be a shame to be cornered into trading way too much ... here's hoping we don't trade up at all ....

But, if this happens, who do you pick at 5 if we don't budge ... QB?... DE? ... OL?
It is getting interesting isn't it?

At this point, I'm a NO on moving up.

If we draft a OT, or edge, so be it. Unfortunately I don't see many trade back scenarios that keep us in the top 10.

It is getting interesting isn't it?

At this point, I'm a NO on moving up.

If we draft a OT, or edge, so be it. Unfortunately I don't see many trade back scenarios that keep us in the top 10.

So if Herbert is gone do you draft a QB?

I don't, not at #5 anyway. If we take Tua, I will root for him, but I dont think he will hold up to NFL level demands and contact.

I would be open to Love later, but I doubt he is there at 18.

So what exactly is your plans then? Lol. Draft another 3rd tier QB in the second round?

So what exactly is your plans then? Lol. Draft another 3rd tier QB in the second round?

I go OT at 1a … edge at 1b … C at 1c …. Qb/RB at 2a .... Qb/Rb/Cb at 2b …

I think Eason Love and Fromm go in the 2nd ...

I build the lines and hope Dobbins is available rd 2 ... Roll with Fitz/Rosen … Rosen's development is the outlier IMO

Yup ... guess I'm stuck with a "3rd tier" guy lol ... try again next year if necessary... waited this long don't mind another year ... like the way the team is being built (meaning no prima donnas and players and coaches being held accountable so far)

I go OT at 1a … edge at 1b … C at 1c …. Qb/RB at 2a .... Qb/Rb/Cb at 2b …

I think Eason Love and Fromm go in the 2nd ...

I build the lines and hope Dobbins is available rd 2 ... Roll with Fitz/Rosen … Rosen's development is the outlier IMO

Yup ... guess I'm stuck with a "3rd tier" guy lol ... try again next year if necessary... waited this long don't mind another year ... like the way the team is being built (meaning no prima donnas and players and coaches being held accountable so far)
I guess I would rather roll the dice on Tua's health than whether these other guys can become a top-level QB

What if Brady heads to the Chargers and Rivers wants to come here? :lol:

For the sake of speculation …

1. Would you want that?
2. With Fitz on board would the Dolphins do that?

No, too much age at a key position.

Maybe Rivers will become a Dolphins fan. I wonder who's jersey he would wear?

Back
Top Bottom