Saban “I hate it...” | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban “I hate it...”

It would depend on any FA signings, but no to WR or RB.

We need OT, and edge defender far worse. RBs will be available rd2 or rd3. Is he going to be a workhorse? Maybe no, but if the O-line isn't fixed, it won't matter.

Well … I did speculate OG and edge in FA and OT @ 1a … but I'm with you on the OL fix … Just wondering what it would feel like to have a threat at RB,WR and TE at the same time ... pipe dream ,maybe, but you're right ... gotta fix the line

We have a ton of FA money. We have to spend some but these guys will be prudent and look to bring in young guys in need of a fresh start. I don't envision any big splash, that's not how these guys want to build the team. You can't win with a team of All Stars, you need a Football team. That means no divas, all for one and one for all and you better buy in hook, line and sinker or Flo will send you packing. Flo is on a freaking mission!! We need the QB at #5 imo and I hope it's Tua because that means his medicals are looking good. If Tua is out we still better bust a move on a QB like Hebert or Fromm. After that find studs and play makers and build the trenches. I know that's a lot to ask for in one off season but we have a lot of assets so let's see how much better we can get very quickly.

Do you think he would be a good fit?
Maybe $$$ can change his stance?
He would, but Tackle and Center is super deep in this years draft...the guards on the other hand...woof.

I expect 1 high priced guard and a few mid-level lineman then look to the draft.

I see them more likely to trading 18 or 26 for more capital. Keep #5 unless some team offers a haul and draft an impact player like Simmons who can replace Minkah (and more). Get Thuney and Van Noy from the Pats in FA.

Costanzo is choosing between retirement and going back to the Colts, and Conklin is open about wanting to remain with the Titans. This leaves extremely fragile Beluga and equally fragile D.J. Humphries as the only real Tackle upgrades on the board.

Umm.. yuck.

Anyone who thinks that we are going to find a Tackle in Free Agency is lying to themselves.

Costanzo is choosing between retirement and going back to the Colts, and Conklin is open about wanting to remain with the Titans. This leaves extremely fragile Beluga and equally fragile D.J. Humphries as the only real Tackle upgrades on the board.

Umm.. yuck.

Anyone who thinks that we are going to find a Tackle in Free Agency is lying to themselves.

Give it some time, Cap strapped teams are going to be cutting lose some good players soon.

I see some pretty good names at Right tackle on there all ready, Yeah i expect to take a LT in the first round though but you can always slide a RT over as plenty of guys have played both.. Short list at Tackle I'd go for Marcus Gilbert and Jared Veldheer at as targets off tops but even guys like Ifedi and omameh are younger guys with experience playing for good teams.

Plenty of talent going to be available as stop gaps but we do need to draft some young studs early.

Defensively I want some beasts to put at DT/NT I'd bring Beau Allen or Jordan Phillips back honestly.

DE I'd want Fowler, Bruce Irvin or Shaq Barrett

Give it some time, Cap strapped teams are going to be cutting lose some good players soon.

I see some pretty good names at Right tackle on there all ready, Yeah i expect to take a LT in the first round though but you can always slide a RT over as plenty of guys have played both.. Short list at Tackle I'd go for Marcus Gilbert and Jared Veldheer at as targets off tops but even guys like Ifedi and omameh are younger guys with experience playing for good teams.

Plenty of talent going to be available as stop gaps but we do need to draft some young studs early.
I will believe it when I see it.

We let James walk because of the cost of an injury prone average tackle.

Signing another one would be... well... nuts.

I did a quick search on those two guys... both over 30, one has retired once already and both of them are injured every single year.

Do you really see those guys as an upgrade over Jesse (mediocre) Davis?

I did a quick search on those two guys... both over 30, one has retired once already and both of them are injured every single year.

Do you really see those guys as an upgrade over Jesse (mediocre) Davis?

Nah just spouting off i'll check out the game tape soon i'm focusing on draft picks right now.. I'm just saying there are alot of decent players out there and frankly i've always thought Gilbert and Veldheer were solid with the second being underrated most his career.

No doubt we are going to have to start some rookies this year so i've been focusing on that for the most part..

If our Draft were Tua and Andrew Thomas (trade the middle and late 1st to move up) i'd be more then happy with that. Then like i said there are plenty of players to man the RT side.. Hell maybe double down and sign Veldheer and Gilbert both.. Gilbert can play guard also.

Back
Top Bottom