Saban “I hate it...” | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban “I hate it...”

That’s 3 extra draft picks + FA steals like Dolphinator said.

P Williams looks like a potential 1B Star

I just heard Russell Wilson has moved to Florida .... I heard he doesn't want to play for the Seahawks and wants a deal with MIami ….

Oh crap … that was me talking to myself when I heard it

Who would be on board with :

FA:
OG, OT, OLB, EDGE

Draft:
1a. QB
1b. Trade down for a second 2020 & 2021
1c. G/C

2a. Rb
2b. edge/Cb
2c. TE/WR

When you look at the teams in the top 10 regarding cap space, there are teams with much more talent than the Dolphins. The Colts, Titans, Cowboys, Bills, Raiders, and Buccaneers are teams with a lot of cap space who free agents are likely to be more interested in signing with one of these teams instead of the Dolphins.

Free agents looking to go to a team with a legitimate chance of making the playoffs next year will be reluctant to sign with the Dolphins and will be more likely to sign with one of the teams listed
above or remain with the team they are on now.

The Dolphins will probably only get the 2nd and 3rd tier free agents since they have stated they will not over pay to sign free agents this year. Since free agency is before the draft the better free agents will have no idea who the QB of the team will be in the future and only the players who are looking for the money and not the chance of winning a SB in the coming years would want to sign with the a Dolphins at this time.

I think it will probably be 2021 or 2022 before the better free agents will want to come to Miami. By then they will hopefully know who the QB for the long term is and the Dolphins should have upgraded their talent enough through the draft that the free agents will see the team as a legitimate playoff contender.

2nd tier younger FA's and a good draft is what I am hoping for

Personally, I don't think we are going to be going after any top 5 free agents at any position. I see us much more restrained and operating more like the Colts area. There are a few players available that I could see us targeting at key positions

RB
- Jordan Howard
- Carlos Hyde

TE
- Eric Ebron
- Ricky Seals-Jones

Offensive Line
- DJ Humphries
- Joe Haeg (plays every position on the offensive line other than Center)

Defensive Line
- Quinton Jefferson
- Shelby Harris
- Javone Hargrave

Safety
- Tre Boston
- Karl Joseph
- Ha Ha Clinton Dix
- Justin Simmons (this one may get a bit pricey)

I would also be on the lookout for a new punter as well as Haack is just a bit too inconsistent for my taste

The goal here is to continue to build upon the foundation we laid last year. That doesn't necessarily mean to get the best players, it may mean the most versatile players, or players that are selected for better depth. Regardless, these are just a few of the players I could see us targeting in the off-season.

I was just going to post something very similar. I don't see Miami getting involved in the first wave of free agency. They may make some offers but they will not get into any bidding wars. Once the dust settles (about 5-7 days) they will start signing from the crop that is left....which still might contain a few big names. Most of the targets will be in the 27 or younger range.

Sort of similar to what we did last year except they will be a bit more aggressive & obviously spend more money overall.

I agree with the caveat - it really seems that Miami is interested in nailing a big time linemen, as Flores understands*** how truly important it is that there be a leader. Typically the center or LT... but I really wouldn't doubt he brings in Joe Thuney simply because he's almost an extra value in that he's a stud lineman the younger draftees can learn from. I can see them spending that extra money there but anyone expecting us to sign the top 5 guys overall... should turn off the PS4

***Depends how much weight you give their words.

What if Brady heads to the Chargers and Rivers wants to come here? :lol:

For the sake of speculation …

1. Would you want that?
2. With Fitz on board would the Dolphins do that?

If the Dolphins are wanting Rosen to be the long term answer … (remember this is a speculation thread)

1. Do we still draft a QB at #5?

I say depends on who is there … but if they are wanting (and thinking) Rosen what does it say if we go Tua at 5?

So IF it's Rosen … what 3 positions do you target in the 1st?

I say … FA brings us OG, Edge and CB
1a. OT
1b. WR
1c. RB

What say you?

If the Dolphins are wanting Rosen to be the long term answer … (remember this is a speculation thread)

I say depends on who is there … but if they are wanting (and thinking) Rosen what does it say if we go Tua at 5?

1a. OT
1b. WR
1c. RB

What say you?

DE-- Espenesa
OLB- Chaisson
OT-- Left Tackle

1a. OT
1b. WR
1c. RB

What say you?

Given this scenario the only real value with prospects at 5 IMO is with defensive players whether that is Simmons, Brown or Ohkuda. So take one of them or trade back and get more assets, but I personally dont like trading back because the return is likely to be peanuts when you compare it to staying and taking an elite defensive prospect at 5.

1a. OT
1b. WR
1c. RB

What say you?
It would depend on any FA signings, but no to WR or RB.

We need OT, and edge defender far worse. RBs will be available rd2 or rd3. Is he going to be a workhorse? Maybe no, but if the O-line isn't fixed, it won't matter.

Back
Top Bottom