Saban “I hate it...” | Page 152 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban “I hate it...”

I think that is a bad move from Clowney considering there may not be a training camp or training camp and preseason may only be 3-4 weeks long in total; hope he’s got a heckuva workout program to keep him in shape.

He would have been if he'd been smart enough to come to us last year.

But he refused to be part of a honorable build. Instead, he ran to the easier looking situation and never realized how big of a mistake that he was making. We'd have paid him more than Seattle ever can... we have the cap space and really needed a building block.

His loss... I hope he chokes on it.
I think this is ridiculous. I don't blame or think twice that Clowney or Bridgewater made the right decision. Clowney had a legit shot w Seattle over a know rebuild year in Miami. Same with bridge in NO. Neither spoke bad about Miami but it was known they both wanted to be with a contender. How do you hold that against them?

I think this is ridiculous. I don't blame or think twice that Clowney or Bridgewater made the right decision. Clowney had a legit shot w Seattle over a know rebuild year in Miami. Same with bridge in NO. Neither spoke bad about Miami but it was known they both wanted to be with a contender. How do you hold that against them?

When you take your show to an established team, you know a couple of things up front. 1) They are going to have less money to pay you over the course of the contract (due to having more plus players on the roster) and 2) In the long run, you are just a rental. Once you tail off a bit, they'll shed you the same way that they signed you.

Clowney was given a chance to be something more in Miami. He'd have been in the ground floor of a team that had many resources to build with and he would have been very close to the top of the heap. He could have been a leader, but he chose to be a wandering prostitute.

I don't expect you to take my opinion... or share it, but I would NEVER sign these kinds of guys unless we were already a playoff team. In my (humble) opinion, these guys are locker room poison. Always me me me me.

Just my 2 cents.

When you take your show to an established team, you know a couple of things up front. 1) They are going to have less money to pay you over the course of the contract (due to having more plus players on the roster) and 2) In the long run, you are just a rental. Once you tail off a bit, they'll shed you the same way that they signed you.

Clowney was given a chance to be something more in Miami. He'd have been in the ground floor of a team that had many resources to build with and he would have been very close to the top of the heap. He could have been a leader, but he chose to be a wandering prostitute.

I don't expect you to take my opinion... or share it, but I would NEVER sign these kinds of guys unless we were already a playoff team. In my (humble) opinion, these guys are locker room poison. Always me me me me.

Just my 2 cents.
With Clowney, specifically, I agree, and that is probably the case more times than not.

It is kind of a "blanket" statement though. Different ppl have varying motivations. Some players are leaders regardless of the situation. Some are not.

I was a huge Chris Jones fan and wanted him badly and till recently still had hope But,,,

WERE DONE....
Free agency is pretty much over, proof ?

Cap space, estimate at around 24m minus Draft 14 to16m ...minus 2m practice squat leaving us from 8 to 6m going into this season. All this Jones (me), Clowney, Ndga. qb's needs to have their own post
" The Blah Blah Talk " and Im not talking about the POFO chat rm.
Now redoing a contract could add but most likely just input for the Blah post....(we all know the Wilson situation)

Hey Its DRAFT Time !!!! folks

With Clowney, specifically, I agree, and that is probably the case more times than not.

It is kind of a "blanket" statement though. Different ppl have varying motivations. Some players are leaders regardless of the situation. Some are not.

True... there are always exceptions. I try not to argue in absolutes... just trends.

My bad.

I was a huge Chris Jones fan and wanted him badly and till recently still had hope But,,,

WERE DONE....
Free agency is pretty much over, proof ?

Cap space, estimate at around 24m minus Draft 14 to16m ...minus 2m practice squat leaving us from 8 to 6m going into this season. All this Jones (me), Clowney, Ndga. qb's needs to have their own post
" The Blah Blah Talk " and Im not talking about the POFO chat rm.
Now redoing a contract could add but most likely just input for the Blah post....(we all know the Wilson situation)

Hey Its DRAFT Time !!!! folks
I thought we had like 40m left..?

I thought we had like 40m left..?

Think we were in the 30 something million. But just reported (Barry Jackson ?) that the team front loaded a few players Byron Jones, Van Noy and brought it down to 24.6m.

Kind of hand cuffs us for much more now in FA , without a restructure but the strategy and pays out this year gives us a nice cap next year, estimated at around 80m...FO thinking ahead

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom