Saban “I hate it...” | Page 154 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban “I hate it...”

DB Dre Fitzpatrick was just released by the Bengals to free up $8M in cap space. He's a very good DB and would be a good addition for consideration. Yes, we probably have some greater more immediate needs but he's good. BTW - Dre is 30 years old - 6'2" - very athletic. Maybe he'd like to join his bearded distant cousin Ryan?

Last edited:
DB Dre Fitzpatrick was just released by the Bengals to free up $8M in cap space. He's a very good DB and would be a good addition for consideration. Yes, we probably have some greater more immediate needs but he's good. BTW - Dre is 30 years old - 6'2" - very athletic. Maybe he'd like to join his distant cousin Ryan?
Ehhh, if we are bringing in a corner I’d still hope to get Logan ryan

Still on the bandwagon of sign him and cut McCain

Logan Ryan’s lack of a market to date makes no real sense.

it sure doesn’t match the tape play.

odd.
Right not even a peep about interested teams

Darby just signed a 1 year 4 mil deal. I wonder If we could get him for something in that range, probably a little higher tho

Right not even a peep about interested teamsDarby just signed a 1 year 4 mil deal. I wonder If we could get him for something in that range, probably a little higher tho

Ian Rapoport
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/

Touched base with someone close to #Titans free agent CB Logan Ryan, one of the top players available. The versatile DB is open to entertaining all offers and will consider a short term deal. I’m told he won’t take less than $10M per year he earned last year.

no thanks to another pricey CB in free agency. Byron Jones and X already have the two highest cap figures on the entire team for 2020. if we are to draft another CB in the mid-rounds, fine, just not another big contract there.

no thanks to another pricey CB in free agency. Byron Jones and X already have the two highest cap figures on the entire team for 2020. if we are to draft another CB in the mid-rounds, fine, just not another big contract there.

not to mention the long list of guys we had here last year that will get look for a spot, which would be similar to a later pick maybe.

Matt Haack P, Miami Dolphins

Dolphins re-signed P Matt Haack to a one-year, $2.133 million contract.

It's the value of his original-round tender as a restricted free agent. Haack was 23rd in net punting average last season and 20th in punts landed inside the 20-yard line. Th Dolphins could easily look to upgrade on Haack via the draft or UDFA market.

Apr 1, 2020, 1:05 PM ET

from rotoworld

Matt Haack P, Miami Dolphins

Dolphins re-signed P Matt Haack to a one-year, $2.133 million contract.

It's the value of his original-round tender as a restricted free agent. Haack was 23rd in net punting average last season and 20th in punts landed inside the 20-yard line. Th Dolphins could easily look to upgrade on Haack via the draft or UDFA market.

Apr 1, 2020, 1:05 PM ET

from rotoworld
:shrug:

There are two or three punters in the 2020 draft class that I would like to see Miami look at.

So every year I make 2 separate versions of my 2 round mock draft. One on April 1st and one the week of the draft. I won't make you scroll through the entire draft, however here is everything Dolphins related.

**TRADE** Miami trades the 5th, 56th, 173rd, and a 2021 3rd round pick to the Lions for the 3rd and 182nd pick

3. Miami (from Detroit)– Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama
The Dolphins knew at some point they would have to make this move. I think for anything slightly less, the Chargers would have moved up. I also think, however, that the Lions are in a spot where they’d rather go to 5 than 6. They value 1 of 2 players – Isaiah Simmons and Jeffrey Okudah. Going to 5 guarantees that no matter what happens they get 1 of their guys. For the Fins? They are officially on the clock to compete. Spending a lot of money and 12 more draft picks means that they will look to make serious noise over the next 2 years.

**Trade** San Fransisco trades pick 13 to Miami for picks 18, 70, 182

13. Miami (from San Fran via Indy) – Tristan Wirfs, OL, Iowa
Making their 2nd trade up of the day, Miami comes up to get their guy. I don’t see it likely that Miami drafts more than 10 players, especially with how they like to dip into UDFA. San Fran would like to add players to their roster on rookie contracts and the thought of getting 2 picks in the top 70 to this already stacked roster looks nice. This trade is easier after the top 2 WR’s go off the board. For the Dolphins they get the last of the elite lineman. Wirfs will plug right in at RT which just became that much more valuable with a lefty QB.

**TRADE** Miami trades the 26 pick to Las Vegas for the 34, 81

34. Miami (from Las Vegas via Indianapolis via Washington) – Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin
Miami gets a lead RB who will start in a tandem with Jordan Howard (and they will probably add a 3rd back on Day 3). After adding Tua and Wirfs, they can afford to take a flyer on a playmaker like Taylor.

39. Miami – Lloyd Cushenberry III, C, LSU
Keeping the trend of offense, Miami now adds Cushenberry to the trio of Tagovailoa, Wirfs, Taylor. Cushenberry will either start at Center or Guard with Ted Karras starting in the opposite spot. All of a sudden an offensive line of Davis – Flowers – Cushenberry – Karras – Wirfs isn’t half bad to start thinking about protecting a backfield of Tua Tagovailoa and Jonathan Taylor.

DB Dre Fitzpatrick was just released by the Bengals to free up $8M in cap space. He's a very good DB and would be a good addition for consideration. Yes, we probably have some greater more immediate needs but he's good. BTW - Dre is 30 years old - 6'2" - very athletic. Maybe he'd like to join his bearded distant cousin Ryan?

I always thought Dre would make a solid FS. Would like to see us give him a flyer and see how he does there compared to our other in house. I wonder how Flores will feel about an Alabama safety named Fitzpatrick?

Back
Top Bottom