Saban “I hate it...” | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban “I hate it...”

wow I agree that that's interesting to see Andrus Peat rated so low. He would be a very good signing. I think in high school he was rated as the top OL prospect, then went to Stanford and did real well. I'm all for him and Thuney coming here

Byron Jones Update 2/29

"The Cowboys won’t be able to afford the cornerback Byron Jones and are expected to let him hit free agency without an offer, Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports. "

Big bucks guy but at the top of the list of quality CB's. He'll be 28 in Sept. and could set the CB market..

Be interesting to see if they sign even one of these top shelf players..... me I want Thuney

The Cleveland browns say they are gonna allow Joe Schobert to hit free agency..
Some pre draft stuff on Schobert, Think I was his biggest fan..

“wanna see a friggin stat line..outside linebacker with position flexibility, playing against heavy competition in a bsc conference,
“20 tackles for loss, and sixth with 9.5 sacks to go along with six forced fumbles and 12 pass breakups.”

“and you won't find him anywhere on any pundits draft board in the first three rounds, at least I haven't found any.”

“hes 6'2, 244..runs a 4.7..Joe schobert...his stock is about to rise.”
“Shobert had 22 reps on the bench, 5th in the linebacker unit, displayed excellent fluidity laterally, dropping in coverage effortlessly, these things count for something, goal is to find draft value, and starters for your team, no matter the round, I hope he keeps going underrated..”
“We need linebackers, running backers as you call them who can cover and do a multitude of things, shchobert can do a lot of different things very well..he also likes to play behind the LOS to offset that coverage ability, this is not a read and react player, he makes decisions on the field, usually the right ones..and has unique athletic ability to get to the ball.”

“I too think Fackrell is a good player, who does have more speed and size..but some players are so good on the field, that you just gotta throw out some things.”

” SCHOBERT..WISCONSIN....nothing to see here just the most underrated player in the draft imo..but he's all mine for a moment in this little fantasy...most exquisite movement player in the draft..”

Last edited:
Well it looks like a RT we need Is heading over to the Jets.

Hard to imagine an in demand player of that stature would make a decision without hearing all the offers. Leverage leak????

Hard to imagine an in demand player of that stature would make a decision without hearing all the offers. Leverage leak????

Would hope so. If we are to open up the checkbook and we should, it's for a player like this. The kid is only 25 for goodness sake.

The draft had a relatively high number of quality Left and Right Tackles. Conklin is going to get a huge bag, so I'm completely fine with the Jets paying out the nose for him.

Proven left and right tackles?

Don't get me wrong. I'd like to build through the draft. But this is a position we direly need and this young bada$$ is out there for the taking.

What/who are you waiting for to open up those bags? If not for a young, stellar tackle like Conklin, then whom?

The draft had a relatively high number of quality Left and Right Tackles. Conklin is going to get a huge bag, so I'm completely fine with the Jets paying out the nose for him.
Damn good player, but yeah, I'm not up with $100 million contract for an O-lineman at this stage of the rebuild.

The Conklin situation is a nice reminder that you have to pay top dollar to land free agents. No one is coming cheap.

Byron Jones makes a lot of sense to break the break bank for.

I don’t expect many defensive holes to be filled with early draft picks based on the strengths of the top 50 and where we are currently slotted.

You give yourself the most talented CB tandem in the NFL and you can manufacture QB pressure the “other” way.

I love corners so I can never have enough.

I don’t know what the OL market will look like after guys get tagged/resigned.

we all want at least two starters out of FA, we will see. I do believe we pull an OT at 18 or 26.

Vince Biegel LB, Miami Dolphins

The Dolphins are in talks to extend restricted free agent LB Vince Biegel.

A rarely used backup his first two years, Biegel made 10 starts after a preseason trade to Miami. He would cost too much under the high tender, so it makes sense for the Dolphins to sign him to a short-term extension. 26-year-old Biegel will likely be returning to a reduced role in 2020.

Source: Miami Herald

Mar 1, 2020, 11:25 AM ET

if the money's close Conklin should want to play in Florida with no state tax and lower cost of living

Conklin is a RT. Im perfectly fine with Jesse Davis at RT. I know i know, i did just say that....but i dont think he was that bad at RT.

Back
Top Bottom