Saban “I hate it...” | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban “I hate it...”

He’s their best corner. Probably took a bird in hand extension and regrets it now instead of betting on himself.

In this market really regrets it

Skins get:
X Howard

Miami gets:
Dunbar

Total pipe dream but wanted to throw that out there. Skins could still get Young or Okudah with #5 and would have the basis of the defense Rivera had in Carolina with extra picks to boot. Miami gets a good corner who is cheaper than Howard and #2 to grab their QB, because whoever it is dont eff around and hope they fall; go get them!

At a "Bargain" type deal, I'd try him out. Always liked the dude but a lot of us knew he wasnt worth that contract the Giants gave him. If he's released it goes well with the mantra of bringing in those types of guys to not counteract the comp pick formula

Halarious! He got paid so i give him that. But was he nearly as good and worth the contract when he left Miami?

That was a fat contract for the time but looks pretty mild right now. His production was on par to what he showed in Miami but the problem has been staying on the field. He missed 15 games over the last 3 years. His last year in NY, he had 7 sacks in 11 games.

I would bring Olivier Vernon home. He is likely getting released.

Yannick wants $22M per year so pass.

Good idea!

Don't know what's gone wrong with OV, but the dude I remember plays the run and the pass STRONG!

Maybe he just misses home :shrug:

No thank you to OV.

Why? He shown he's probably more likely to get hurt than stay on the field.
Our scheme as our ends to set and react on the edges.

Nothing in those two points suggest OV is the ideal choice for that role.

Wow....16 million for a guard.

Is it just me, or are salaries rising at an unsustainable rate?

At these prices, a team could easily have 75-85 million tied up in the O-line.

Glad we got a ton of picks to get us started, but we have to keep drafting well, so we have options when guys become FAs.

Last edited:
Wow....16 million for a guard.

Is it just me, or are salaries rising at an unsustainable rate?

At these prices, a team could easily have 75-85 million tied up in the O-line.

Glat we got a ton of picks to get us started, but we have to keep drafting well, so we have options when guys become FAs.

As you state - you must draft well- otherwise.....

like I said in the other thread - the theme of the past off-seasons has been lets sign an OL or two- and then they are franchised or extended by current team and the ones that are available are for big dollars and we normally shy away from those..

Miami will probably fill out a lot of the roster with the second tier FAs.

I do not see them going all out early and sign an expensive player.

Truth is, we all are waiting to see our new Organization of Grier, Flores, Allen, Mckinzie to name the main guys approach in order for us Fans to begin to see the insight and their evaluations as to how they actually see things as far as Players, Positions, Money and priorities and their insight to putting it together in the most timely and rewarding way.
They have brilliantly (IMO) provided themselves the needed essentials to pretty much do whatever they want. With all these acquired assets and the cards they have dealt themselves it should be very revealing to see how they play their hand.

If the franchise tag is at 16M and supposed to be the average of the top 5 guards, then why is the highest paid guard only getting 14M? Which part am I missing here?

If the franchise tag is at 16M and supposed to be the average of the top 5 guards, then why is the highest paid guard only getting 14M? Which part am I missing here?

If not mistaking, OT usually get a couple mil more then Guards.

Off hand Conklin more like 16 mil . Say a Thuney 12-13-14 mil.

Atleast thats how its mostly lined up in the past.

Back
Top Bottom