Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x) | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x)

Will Saban take the offer from Alabama??

• Yes, the pressures of the NFL/ lure of a huge contract is too much to pass up

Votes: 136 49.8%
  • No. Saban will honor his contract with Miami and see this through one way or the other

Votes: 137 50.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For anyone who hasn't seen this, in case you missed it, a reporter pressed Saban amid the latest such report - this one on NFL.com - that he's headed to Alabama:
Reporter:
"Why don't you just say you're not going to be the Alabama coach?"
Saban: "I think I just said that. Did I not say that?"
Reporter: "Well, you didn't say it in those words."
Saban: "Well, then I guess I have to say it. I'm not going to be the Alabama coach. I shouldn't even have to comment on this. I think I've said this over and over again."

Sad too say when BAMA is more powerful

Than the fins.

I realize that but he seems to bring it up in almost every thread now. At least the ones Ive seen. It was funny the first time :tongue:
Well, to be quite honest...if a rival had hired Dave Wannstedt after he finally resigned from the Dolphins....I would probably rub it in for a while. I doubt I would go to THEIR board to do it, but if I saw them on a Phins board I'd take every opportunity to make fun of them.

Well, to be quite honest...if a rival had hired Dave Wannstedt after he finally resigned from the Dolphins....I would probably rub it in for a while. I doubt I would go to THEIR board to do it, but if I saw them on a Phins board I'd take every opportunity to make fun of them.

Naw its fine I mean I laugh when i see it. haha. Just wondering, he seems to bring it up alot.

I think more so Alabama is having a difficult time dealing with their irrelevance. They're not going to be able to dominate the SEC... ever. There's too much talent there. Any year Auburn, UF, Tennessee or Georgia could be national championship contenders, not to mention South Carolina and Arkansas or on the rise. I don't see how that could possibly be an attractive job despite the financial situation it comes with.
You forgot a team...
<--------------:D

Back on topic:

This deal is dead. Some of y'all just refuse, like the media and Bama, to see it.

Playoffs next season...I'll be sure to say I told you so when Saban takes us there.

Russ Gimm the Steelers OL coach was Cowers heir apparent

If Cowher goes, which is probably 50/50 at this point, the Steelers will hire somebody from outside the organization to succeed him. They have had opportunities in the past to promote to HC from within and they have passed them up in favor of finding the absolute best candidate for the job. It's still a Rooney organization and they'll do it again.

Wayne H. Should offer a bigger contract because i know hes a billionaire and no one could get saban from him if it was a bidding war.

You forgot a team...
<--------------:D

Back on topic:

This deal is dead. Some of y'all just refuse, like the media and Bama, to see it.

Playoffs next season...I'll be sure to say I told you so when Saban takes us there.

Just like he was supposed to take you to the Super bowl:tongue: .

What's this crap about this being his "dream job". If so, he could have had this job a long time ago. This is just more hype being added on for people frothing for some type of story. His dream job was having complete control over an NFL team.
QFT...

His goal has ALWAYS been the NFL...he has been an NFL coordinator in the past so he isn't stupid. He knew what to expect when he took the job at Miami. He waited a long time to get a situation he wanted and left what a lot of coaches would consider a dream job at LSU. For Saban it was a stepping stone to get to the NFL. Now, after two years, people are attributing to him words to the effect that his dream has changed? BULL****!!! He is where he wants to be...the Dolphins are who he thought they were...no matter what some moron in the press or jackass wearing a Tide lapel pin says.

We will find out Monday morning if he leaves for Alabama.

Look at Mike Mularky. He left the Bills for no reason and now he's on your coaching staff. That's like if Nick Saban left your team.

Back
Top Bottom