Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x) | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x)

Will Saban take the offer from Alabama??

• Yes, the pressures of the NFL/ lure of a huge contract is too much to pass up

Votes: 136 49.8%
  • No. Saban will honor his contract with Miami and see this through one way or the other

Votes: 137 50.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Buffalo and Miami will be watching the playoffs this year so fans of the teams should not be talking any trash.

I don't think Saban's reading your book Marty.

But we still need to do a book report on his don't we. :wink:

that remains to be seen eh? I think that is important to him...we shall see...

funny you should say that, I was thinking about his book today...

This is why this rumor won't die. People in the media being complete failures at their job.

Just like he was supposed to take you to the Super bowl:tongue: .

Go win a super bowl and then talk ... Bills fans dont know wen to keep their mouths shut ;)

Wayne H. Should offer a bigger contract because i know hes a billionaire and no one could get saban from him if it was a bidding war.
Yeah, that's sending a GREAT message! :lol: Simply threaten to leave, and we'll THROW money at you, even though you signed a binding contract!

I try not to get into other teams business about their coaches. But I will have to say I kinda feel bad for the Fin Fans here. Because I think no matter what Happens you all lose.

If he stays I would be willing to be that every year you will be putting up with the same reports just with a different team. At the end of a season every year this could become a distraction. Expecially if you are competeing for the playoffs at the time.

If he leaves you lose a coach and not only that but will start all over. Look at the Bills this year, after MM left Marv and DJ did alot of house cleaning. I think that would end up setting your team back again.

Right now the Fin Fans are kinda in a lose, lose situation.

I try not to get into other teams business about their coaches. But I will have to say I kinda feel bad for the Fin Fans here. Because I think no matter what Happens you all lose.

If he stays I would be willing to be that every year you will be putting up with the same reports just with a different team. At the end of a season every year this could become a distraction. Expecially if you are competeing for the playoffs at the time.

If he leaves you lose a coach and not only that but will start all over. Look at the Bills this year, after MM left Marv and DJ did alot of house cleaning. I think that would end up setting your team back again.

Right now the Fin Fans are kinda in a lose, lose situation.

It's not as stark as you predict if Saban puts a winning product on the field. If Miami were where the Colts are right now, nobody is talking about him going back to college. It's this disappointing year that opens the door for the talk.

It's not as stark as you predict if Saban puts a winning product on the field. If Miami were where the Colts are right now, nobody is talking about him going back to college. It's this disappointing year that opens the door for the talk.

I can understand that. But as you all know the media does what the media does. Look how many times he said he would not take that job, but yet every week I see reports about him leaving. Now Alabama is wrong at the same time. But it has to be hard for a team and a coaching staff to prepare hearing this week in and week out. I believe this whole thing started in early Novemeber. Hard distraction to play with i must admit.

I'll add myself to the camp who will just be glad for it to be over.

I'm an Alabama fan, and I can't figure out what business Nick Saban would have there. I can't see any result other than this ending his career if he does it, but maybe the money or that sort of challenge just appeals to him more than coaching the Dolphins does. Nick isn't going to change the status quo in Alabama: Auburn has the recruiting advantage, the fans are completely insane and will riot when he fails to beat Auburn, and the boosters will get the school on probation or worse at least once a decade no matter how clean the coach runs the program. That's just the truth of the matter.

If Nick doesn't want to be here more than at Alabama, the Dolphins are better off without him. I just hope Wayne doesn't make the same mistake he made with Wanny by promoting Capers as a matter of course. I'm okay with Dom as the HC if there are interviews with Rivera, Cameron, Saunders, Chow, or candidates of that ilk and there is serious consideration given to somebody from the outside (preferably with an offensive background). It may take 3 years for the team to make noise under a new guy, but that's better than Nick not having his heart in it and blowing 3 years before leaving to go back to college and it then taking 3 more before the team is okay.

Are you kidding me? I think anyone in Alabama would tell you this state is at least 70% Bama fans and 30% Auburn at best. And about the comment of Auburn being dominant in state, check the link. Please stop stating opinions as facts, come up with some decent info or stop posting on things you have no idea about. http://auburn.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1586

You may want to wait until you have a few more than 12 posts before you go into attack mode. Are you suggesting that Auburn doesn't have the recruiting advantage? They have been a LOT better than Alabama recently and actually have the appearance of coaching stability. I know Alabama fans outnumber Auburn fans even now, but performance speaks volumes when you're a talented kid with NFL dreams.

Back
Top Bottom