Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x)

Will Saban take the offer from Alabama??

• Yes, the pressures of the NFL/ lure of a huge contract is too much to pass up

Votes: 136 49.8%
  • No. Saban will honor his contract with Miami and see this through one way or the other

Votes: 137 50.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What more does Saban have to do? I heard his exact quote on the radio:

"I will not be the next coach of Alabama" "What mored do I more do I have to say?" "I have no interest in going anywhere".

I think this is all BS. Where does all of this information come from?

I hope he stays, but there are tons of examples of coaches saying they are not interested in a coaching job and then taking it.

Quickest example I could find is when Tommy Tuberville was asked if he was leaving Ole Mi$$ for Auburn this was his quote: "The only way I'm leaving Ole Miss is in a pine box" 36 hrs later he is at the podium at Auburn.

Not saying its going to happen, and I do think that Saban would never get another NFL job and lose all credibility, but its not out of the ordinary for a coach to lie.

didn't he do the same thing to lsu?

He left LSU after having won a National Championship... And he NEVER denied interest in the Dolphins as Saban has denied interest in Alabama now.. I mean, he came flat out and said that HE WILL NOT BE COACH OF ALABAMA.. There is no way to get around that without looking like a huge liar should he actually take the job..

He would leave here both as a failure (No playoffs, losing season) AND a liar. That some pretty bad damage to his rep.. How do you think that would go over on recruiting trips? Other coaches would always use that against him in the players' living rooms...

espn hasnt exactly been correct in terms of the dolphins lately with the whole daunte thing and Huizenga selling the team. i think after sunday saban stays coach and alabama has to find someone else.

ESPN.com insider chat with Jeremy Green. This is a complete copy and paste. :

Mike (San Diego): JG, what are the odds on Saban taking the 'Bama job?

Jeremy Green: I am hearing very strong that he is going from two people on his staff in Miami. I don't think Alabama has interviewd anyone for 2-weeks. He has told people it is his dream job and they would make him the highest paid coach in college football. If it is truly his dream job, I don't see how he could pass that up.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=14106

I think he will stay, but who the hell knows, I want this to be over with.

This info should be taken with a grain of salt...
Its a proxy url that is for ESPN Insiders only...
And to top it off the poster above has only TWO POSTS.

Sources get paid whether the info they give out becomes true or not, correct?

Sometimes I sneak onto Saban's house at night and i'll hold a cup up to the door and I press my ear against it. You wanna know what I know?

Surely a more reliable poster has ESPN insider. Please double check it, I copied and pasted directly from the article.

This info should be taken with a grain of salt...
Its a proxy url that is for ESPN Insiders only...
And to top it off the poster above has only TWO POSTS.

i have insider and it is word for word what is written. still take it with a grain of salt though.

In comparison to Denny Green's son, How long has Steve Young been around the NFL? We all saw how credible his reporting is on Monday night. When there is something that says Nick Saban hired as Alabama head coach I will buy into this garbage people are reporting, not a minute sooner.

This may not be alot to you guys, but... Saban isn't going to leave because the draft is going to be too inticing. He's going to get another high pick, and that intrigues him.

I agree....he would be kissing his NFL career goodbye.....the NFl would shut their doors on Saban....all owners would lose trust if he ever attempted to come back.

I think we are all starting to see what has been changing within football for a while now. The difference between coaching in college and coaching in pro has never been closer. 20 years ago, the NFL was the final destination and dream of most coaches, but not today. I think in about 5 years this will be the norm, and not uncommon at all. (if it happens).

Don't shoot the messenger, but the guy's dad is Dennis Green and he has been around the NFL his whole life. You don't think this guy has sources near almost every NFL team?
I'm not shooting the messenger, I guess this farsa wich is fomented by the hypocritical media start to getting on my nerve.

I wouldnt be surprised if Mr Greens source is the same one as Steve Young had.

At least PFT calls itself a rumormill and is free.

This may not be alot to you guys, but... Saban isn't going to leave because the draft is going to be too inticing. He's going to get another high pick, and that intrigues him.

More then $57 million and who knows how much in ads, etc., etc. I can see the write up now, "The Miami Dolphins and Nick Saban have come to an agreement that it is in the best interest of both parties to pursue different directions. Etc., etc., etc." The classic both sides save face statement. We have seen it a million times in the business, political, sports and yes even the miliary world. Not saying it will happen but it is possible. When it's all said and done, whatever benefits either side the best is what's going to happen. Then life will go on.

Back
Top Bottom