Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x) | Page 63 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x)

Will Saban take the offer from Alabama??

• Yes, the pressures of the NFL/ lure of a huge contract is too much to pass up

Votes: 136 49.8%
  • No. Saban will honor his contract with Miami and see this through one way or the other

Votes: 137 50.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Btw, Celtkin, go back and read post #912 of this thread. Someone else heard Saban say on ESPN radio that "he was not going to be the NEXT Alabama coach.

It is your perogative to believe what you want, but CNS has not lied. He's been very clever with the semantics of his statements.

I heard him say and showed you the quote "I'm not going to be the Alabama coach."

There are no semantics or clever wording involved in an outright denial.

I heard him say and showed you the quote "I'm not going to be the Alabama coach."

There are no semantics or clever wording involved in an outright denial.

I agree. If CNS jumps ship then I expect such spin from his agent, though.

Yes, a Head coach is a coach, but then, again, "a coach" does not necessarily mean Head coach, either.

There are various position coaches, right? And if CNS does accept the Alabama offer, he will not be introduced as "the Alabama coach" but rather as "the Alabama HEAD coach."

Unfortunately right now some folks are in denial and lying to themselves. It's time to start thinking about options for a new head coach.

You just contradicted yourself. How can he be introduced as the Alabama Head coach and NOT be an Alabama coach? Impossible. Therefore he will have lied.
I can't believe I have to break this down to you like this. It is common sense!

Let's Buy Saban Airline Tickets

Guys,

I don't know about you but this Saban soap opera is unacceptable and WH should terminate his rear end. In fact, if he does that, I say we all chip in and buy him airline tickets to Bama. Can someone drive him to the airport?

The Fins, as an organization, do so much for a head coach and this is what we get in return. The time has come for Saban to leave, he has let this spin out of control for too long and to go on TV to deny rumors. Come on, who are you trying to fool.

Cuerbo
:dolphins:

I don't know. But as far as the Dolphins, this is the perfect time for a new coach if Saban jumps ship. We have 30 free agents, so the new coach can rebuild the team right away and doesn't have to worry about loyalties and a lot of existing contracts, etc.

WHo do you guys want as the next coach? Mora Jr., Mariuchi, who? Offensive minded coach preferred, JJ, Wanny and Saban all D minds that have failed.

I don't know. But as far as the Dolphins, this is the perfect time for a new coach if Saban jumps ship. We have 30 free agents, so the new coach can rebuild the team right away and doesn't have to worry about loyalties and a lot of existing contracts, etc.

This is an excellent point.

I mean, let's stop for just a second and be realistic about the situation: It's not good. The team went 6-10 in a year in which they were supposed to compete for the division title, if not win it outright. It's obvious that the team is headed in the wrong direction. Hell, even Jason Taylor is considering retirement. Does anyone realistically (read honestly) believe that this team is any better than 7-8 wins next year? I will hope that I'm wrong and we can turn it around in one year (it has happened before) but I just don't see it without a MAJOR overhaul of both staff and personnel.

NFL coaches generally get ~3 years to produce, after which they either a) get their contracts extended, or b) receive their walking papers (see Denny Green and Jim Mora). In fact, I'll be at the head of the line of people demanding his head if the team falters next year like it has this year (and last year as well, the 6-game streak at the end of the year notwithstanding).

To me, this is why I think it makes the most sense for Saban to take the Alabama job. If the team does not produce next year he's gone anyway, only this time he will not have a lucrative offer sitting there like the Alabama offer. IMHO, he's crazy not to take the money and run at this point.

Aren't we suppose to have his answer this afternoon?? I'm certain there will be some kind of news conference, I'm just not sure when....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

I don't know, bro. If he said 'no', I doubt we will hear anything. He will just let the press stew.

If he took the job, then we'll probably see something in Alabama or Miami press first.

You just contradicted yourself. How can he be introduced as the Alabama Head coach and NOT be an Alabama coach? Impossible. Therefore he will have lied.
I can't believe I have to break this down to you like this. It is common sense!

Superself, just watch the Alabama press conference when it is announced, CNS will not be introduced as the Alabama coach but as the Alabama Head Coach.

Btw, after the West Virgina fiasco, do you think the University of Alabama would put itself in the position to be turned down publicly again?

UofA would not make the offer unless they knew for certain that NS would accept.

Yes, a Head coach is a coach, but then, again, "a coach" does not necessarily mean Head coach, either.

There are various position coaches, right? And if CNS does accept the Alabama offer, he will not be introduced as "the Alabama coach" but rather as "the Alabama HEAD coach."

Unfortunately right now some folks are in denial and lying to themselves. It's time to start thinking about options for a new head coach.

Ok, correct me if I'm wrong here but, Nick said..."I will not be the next coach at Alabama"
And we wasn't, that was Joe Kines....

Back
Top Bottom