Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x) | Page 64 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x)

Will Saban take the offer from Alabama??

• Yes, the pressures of the NFL/ lure of a huge contract is too much to pass up

Votes: 136 49.8%
  • No. Saban will honor his contract with Miami and see this through one way or the other

Votes: 137 50.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
First of all, Dis, this is Saban's quote

also, repeated here in ESPN.com

He did choose his words carefully and, if he leaves, he will have lied. Simple as that.:wink:
Things could have changed since the 21st. A lot of things has been said, Wayne already said he will not re-negotiate his contract and he will not give a NO FIRE Clause to Nick Saban's contract. He can now simply leave to Alabama based on "job security".

Things could have changed since the 21st. A lot of things has been said, Wayne already said he will not re-negotiate his contract and he will not give a NO FIRE Clause to Nick Saban's contract. He can now simply leave to Alabama based on "job security".

I can't imagine that Alabama would give him a no fire clause.

Superself, just watch the Alabama press conference when it is announced, CNS will not be introduced as the Alabama coach but as the Alabama Head Coach.

Btw, after the West Virgina fiasco, do you think the University of Alabama would put itself in the position to be turned down publicly again?

UofA would not make the offer unless they knew for certain that NS would accept.

This is not about how he gets introduced. My point is that Saban would have still lied if he becomes coach in ANY capacity at Alabama. As previously mentioned, he stated he would not be an Alabama coach...that is broad and crystal clear.

This is not about how he gets introduced. My point is that Saban would have still lied if he becomes coach in ANY capacity at Alabama. As previously mentioned, he stated he would not be an Alabama coach...that is broad and crystal clear.

Read my post on the top of this page... :wink:

Superself, just watch the Alabama press conference when it is announced, CNS will not be introduced as the Alabama coach but as the Alabama Head Coach.

Btw, after the West Virgina fiasco, do you think the University of Alabama would put itself in the position to be turned down publicly again?

UofA would not make the offer unless they knew for certain that NS would accept.

That's parsing semantics way too much. I doubt Saban, even if he accepted the job, would say "I just said "next coach"...I never said that I would not be the next head coach!". This isn't the third grade. :wink:

I definitely think that Alabama would take the risk of making an offer and getting turned down. They don't have much of a choice. We're not dealing with rocket scientists here...their playbook since they fired Shula has been a comedy of errors.

first of all, i would like a direct quote that Wayne said ANYTHING about that

If I promise not to poke you in the eye but change my mind and do it anyway, would that have been a lie? :tongue:

If I promise not to poke you in the eye but change my mind and do it anyway, would that have been a lie? :tongue:
It depends, Had anyone talked with you about said eye poking, before you made that statment? lol

Superself, The Brimingham News lost a lot of crediability when it announced that Rich Rodriguez had accepted the Alabama head coach offer when he actually hadn't.

If you want a real, reliable story when it comes to the University of Alabama and what really is going on there, then turn to Cecil Hurt of the Tuscaloosa News or be prepared to be misled. There's some very shoddy and questionable journalism going on--folks are simply wanting to break a story first before verifying it.

Right now The Birmingham News (when it comes to sports reporting) is not looked upon too favorably by folks in the Heart of Dixie, unless of course they are Auburn fans.

What he said...Cecil Hurt is the closest thing to a press "insider" you'll find vis a vis Alabama athletics.

Do you go to your boss and tell them that you need a day off to go to a job interview, or do you lie to them and say "I have a doctor's appointment and need this day off"?

Do you go to your boss and tell them that you need a day off to go to a job interview, or do you lie to them and say "I have a doctor's appointment and need this day off"?

Exactly...it would still be a lie :wink:

Back
Top Bottom