Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x)

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by therealist, Dec 29, 2006.

?

Will Saban take the offer from Alabama??

Poll closed Jan 5, 2007.
  1. Yes, the pressures of the NFL/ lure of a huge contract is too much to pass up

136 vote(s)
    49.8%
  2. No. Saban will honor his contract with Miami and see this through one way or the other

137 vote(s)
    50.2%
  1. alienalias

alienalias Well-Known Member

Re: Wayne saying no restructure or no "No Fire Clause"... Glazer at CBS reported that Wayne gave a stern "no" in regards to any restructure or clause. Miami Herald on the other hand said Dolphins officials were up late into the night trying to rework a new deal. I wish I could post links, but there are 8 million new posts and it'd be too tough to find again... many different conflicting media reports, and I don't think a single one is reliable or beyond speculation or questionable sources.

2. PhantomFin

PhantomFin Member

You don't actually believe what you just wrote, do you?
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2716394
    Please, if Saban didn't have interest in the job, this whole 'three ring circus' wouldn't be going on right now.

*edit*
    The link in the first post of this page, also says that Saban met with 'Bama officals. Like I said, they would not be after him like this, unless he was interested! Please tell me how, meeting with 'Bama, is telling them no? I'll tell you, it's not! He's interested. I'm not sayin' he will leave but, He is definatly interested.

3. Phish_Food

Phish_Food Saint....Dolphin....????? ?

Word from KFFL:

Dolphins | Saban receives formal offer from Alabama
    Tue, 2 Jan 2007 10:29:06 -0800
    <A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/166">Alex Marvez and Harvey Fialkov, of the Sun-Sentinel, report the University of Alabama is awaiting a response from Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban regarding the school's head coaching vacancy after both sides reportedly met Monday, Jan. 1. Saban is reported to have received a contract offer in the neighborhood of $30 million for eight years. Alabama Athletic Director Mal Moore agreed to almost every stipulation Saban demanded, including a large budget to hire assistant coaches. Saban is expected to make a decision Tuesday, Jan. 2.

4. chdoyle

chdoyle Well-Known Member

:yeahthat:

Even Mortenson is backpedalling with the phone call meeting which would shoot down half of the Saban-bashers argument....

5. Phish_Food

Phish_Food Saint....Dolphin....????? ?

6. zachblitz54

zachblitz54 Juck the Fets

Look at this whole thing from Saban's perspective. He let an MVP candidate QB get away and will never live it down, he now has NO viable QB for next season, his OC is an idiot, his DC could end up being courted for a head coaching position, Jason Taylor has mentioned the dreaded "R" word, his credibility has been tarnished just by talking to 'Bama, and 'Bama is going to gaurantee him AND HIS FAMILY more $$$$ and security than he could ever dream of.

He is going to go.

7. finserg

finserg FinHeaven VIP

If he leaves i hope he takes the garbage players he picked because they have added to nothing. No Qb and no running game please he will not be missed.

8. GoonBoss

GoonBoss Finheaven Templar Super Donator

Oh, I agree that I would have a bad opinion of him based on
    his so-called commitment to the team. No question he'd be
    a "bad guy".

As far as "fan angst", I think there is plenty.....Agree to disagree, I guess.

I don't think 'Bama is a good fit for him, honestly, but, if he gets that
    monster contract, they'll be on the hook for a LOT of money to him
    should they can him.

As previously stated, I just want it over.

9. GoonBoss

GoonBoss Finheaven Templar Super Donator

Good for Wayne.

I would not restructure a dang thing.

10. Brown42000

Brown42000 Perennial All-Pro

This is like last off-season with Brees and Culpepper and all of these reports are not the same and new and different stories keep coming out as the days go on.

11. fishypete

fishypete FinHeaven Elite

If Saban was a Dolphin....and he had no thoughts of leaving the Dolphins...then why even entertain a visit from the Alabama crew? Either your a Dolphin....or your crap....well Saban....what are you?

Personally...I've never trusted you....you screwed LSU....and jumped ship every where you've been before....so go....who needs you.

12. redpitsea

redpitsea Lobo-Fins

10:00 AM tomorrow Nick will let us know of his plans to stay with the Phins or move to Alabama.

13. Brown42000

Brown42000 Perennial All-Pro

Saban never spends any more then 4-5 years at a coaching job and is usually switching jobs like some one people change their shoes, he is an unreliable HC.

14. BSQX4

BSQX4 A True Fan

Saban has a 16 year old daughter, maybe 17 by now. At that age it's brutal to ask her to move away from her friends and whatever. That's a factor. I've had a 16 year old daughter. It's a delicate age and what young girl wants to move away from the fun and action of S. Florida to Alabama. She'll go- kicking and screaming. But if he offers her a corvette.......who knows. If he leaves it will be because of his very tough 2 years here under the huge media glare and it doesn't help when he gets booed off the field at home. And then there's all that money. Hard to turn down.

15. TotoreMexico

TotoreMexico Member of the 'Owned! Awards' Commitee

WTF?