Sad but True..... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sad but True.....

Hi Scot,

I was born and raised in Miami Beach. I live downtown now close to the "old" arena.

Originally posted by booyeah_
Maybe the true Dolphin fans who are not in Miami can switch places with the fair weather fans in Miami.

I grew up in Buffalo and knew several people who were die hard Dolphin fans. We put up a lot of crap from Bill fans, but stuck with the Dolphins.

I remember when I was about 10, and I went to a Bills game. Some druken Bills fan spit at me and started throwing beer towards me. If you go to Buffalo now, you won't see to many Bills fans. They don't have a great local fan base. They couldn't even sell out the Seahawk game that had a halftime tribute to Jim 'the wife beater' Kelly.

I know, and Bills fans always come here bragging about their great fan base in Barfallo. :lol:

Originally posted by booyeah_
Maybe the true Dolphin fans who are not in Miami can switch places with the fair weather fans in Miami.

I grew up in Buffalo and knew several people who were die hard Dolphin fans. We put up a lot of crap from Bill fans, but stuck with the Dolphins.

I remember when I was about 10, and I went to a Bills game. Some druken Bills fan spit at me and started throwing beer towards me. If you go to Buffalo now, you won't see to many Bills fans. They don't have a great local fan base. They couldn't even sell out the Seahawk game that had a halftime tribute to Jim 'the wife beater' Kelly.
That is just one of many reasons I literally despise Buffalo and their fan base ! The rivalry has always been there but these people will take the rivalry to a new level (or to a new low) depending on how you look at it . I have family that live in Tonawanda (not too far from the falls ) and when I have came up to visit (during the Ills S-B chokes) My uncle informed me not to wear any Dolphin shirts, caps, or even have a Miami Dolphin plate on the front of my vehicle, he said that neighbors (Dolphin fans) a couple blocks away had their house egged, tires slashed, windows broken, and both of their 2 boys were threatened with a ass whooping if they wore anything supporting the Dolphins .. Now I know that conference rivalrys can be very intense aka Raiders, Chargers,Cheifs, Donkeys, but when people cannot support their favorite team (even in a lowlife rivals) backyard,, then I think it is time for THAT teams fan base to examine the mental stability of the (so called fans) who support the Ills infastructure in ticket sales !!! Marino1983 :yell: :fire:

Re: Fans...

Originally posted by Dolphan5499
I don't want it to sound like Florida Dolphin fans are bad fans...just going to the stadium means you are a good fan....but if you want to see rabid Dolphin fans, come up to a Yet/Phin game at Giants Stadium...The fans up here in NJ/NY are insane!! I guess we have to be, to put up with the morons who wear green and white. There are more fistfights and arguements during a Phin/Yet game up here....one thing I gotta say about the Yet fans in Florida...they are decent people. Not like the scum up here. But, they ARE still Yet fans....LOL!!

:monkey: Jet fans

I hear a lot of "Yet" fans who live in SoFlo on wqam. They seem to be assholes too. Guss geography has nothing to do with it. :)

I hear a lot of "Yet" fans who live in SoFlo on wqam. They seem to be assholes too. Guss geography has nothing to do with it.

That is probably the main reason that I dislike the jests.
Their loud mouth, obnoxious fans.
I don't really mind the team that much, it's just their fans are so discusting.

Originally posted by Marino1983
That is just one of many reasons I literally despise Buffalo and their fan base ! The rivalry has always been there but these people will take the rivalry to a new level (or to a new low) depending on how you look at it . I have family that live in Tonawanda (not too far from the falls ) and when I have came up to visit (during the Ills S-B chokes) My uncle informed me not to wear any Dolphin shirts, caps, or even have a Miami Dolphin plate on the front of my vehicle, he said that neighbors (Dolphin fans) a couple blocks away had their house egged, tires slashed, windows broken, and both of their 2 boys were threatened with a ass whooping if they wore anything supporting the Dolphins .. Now I know that conference rivalrys can be very intense aka Raiders, Chargers,Cheifs, Donkeys, but when people cannot support their favorite team (even in a lowlife rivals) backyard,, then I think it is time for THAT teams fan base to examine the mental stability of the (so called fans) who support the Ills infastructure in ticket sales !!! Marino1983 :yell: :fire:

Damn, those Bills fans up there are assholes.

I agree about the Marlins defending their title. Who knows how good they could have been and what kind of fanbase could have been built.

Back
Top Bottom