Sad but True..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sad but True.....

I've supported Jay...........

Originally posted by JackDolphin
With an increased strength on the offensive line and a powerhouse like Williams behind Fiedler, and a more rounded out Chambers, I have to agree that we may see him in the ProBowl in February 2003

for about the 1st year and a half that he's been here. I'm still not sold on him and won't be until after this year, if ever. Barring any unforseen season injuries to our o-line, and we now have a franchise running back, Jay will have NO excuses this year. If he throws 19 or more int's again, then he should be OUT/CUT! I'll make a deal with you guys. (I honestly do want Jay to succeed. Just because I'm a diehard fan of a team, doesn't mean I have to agree with all of the personel decisions that are made). If Jay has a great season, and we go to the AFC championship game of or the super bowl(which we haven't been to one since 1992- the 29-10 shellacking we got by the Jills at Pro Player), I'll go out and buy a Fiedler jersey and take a pic of me with it on and post it as my avatar. If Jay has the same type of season that he's had his first 2 yrs as starter, then all of the Fiedler supporters will post on the board stating that they were wrong and Jay shouldn't have been resigned. So, what do you guys think? Honestly, I want to be wrong. Nothing would make me happier than to go out and buy a Fiedler jersey. That would signify that we got to the AFC championship game or to the Super Bowl, which we haven't been to since 1984. I know, I know, there are teams out there who've never been to a Super Bowl period and we've been to 5 and won 2.

How about this, you buy a jersey, then take a picture of you wearing a Fiedler jersey holding a little sign saying "I was wrong."

Dolfan984, I'm.........

Originally posted by Dolfan984
How about this, you buy a jersey, then take a picture of you wearing a Fiedler jersey holding a little sign saying "I was wrong."

cool with that.:D Trust me on the fact that I'm one of the most diehard 'phin fans ever to grace god's green earth. I've got the tatoo,memoriabilia,graphics on truck,14 kt gold necklace to prove it. Need more proof?:lol: I want to be wrong on this, but I've got a bad feeling in my gut.

If Norv Turner can essentially make Gus Frerotte a Pro-Bowl QB, there's no reason why he can't do the same with "The Determined One".

Norv did wonders with..........

Originally posted by Blitz
If Norv Turner can essentially make Gus Frerotte a Pro-Bowl QB, there's no reason why he can't do the same with "The Determined One".

Gus Frerotte and turned him into a pro bowl QB. He's definitely great with QB's, as far as getting them acclimated/comfortable with his offensive scheme and getting everything possible out of a QB.:D

If anyone should be booed at a Heat game or any where else in the state of Florida(besides Jeb Bush) it should be Chan Gailey. His play calling was a joke all season long. I am still curious what could have happend if the idiot didn't call the same play twice in a row on 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 on their 20 in the pats game. Jay gave his "all" in every game this season and that is all we can ask of a player. The booing really leaves a bad taste in my mouth considering many of the players that Miami will defend to the end just didn't show up for many of the games down the stretch last season. It is sad to say but while Greenbay may be the hardest place to play an away game Miami is the worst to play a home game.

Dajesus.............

Originally posted by Dajesus
If anyone should be booed at a Heat game or any where else in the state of Florida(besides Jeb Bush) it should be Chan Gailey. His play calling was a joke all season long. I am still curious what could have happend if the idiot didn't call the same play twice in a row on 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 on their 20 in the pats game. Jay gave his "all" in every game this season and that is all we can ask of a player. The booing really leaves a bad taste in my mouth considering many of the players that Miami will defend to the end just didn't show up for many of the games down the stretch last season. It is sad to say but while Greenbay may be the hardest place to play an away game Miami is the worst to play a home game.

I agree with you on one apsect. Every team in the NFL has fans that are fair weathered so to speak. I don't care which team it may be. If they're 2-14, they're going to get booed. Now, I know you're going to come back with the argument that we went 11-5, which we did. All I'm saying is that every team in the NFL has a legion of moronic fans that boo irregardless of the situation,etc. It's a given in today's egocentric,selfish, what can you do for me now society we live in.

An element is 1 thing, but for the over whelming majority to be the stupid legion is redicuouls. Are the people of miami realy that stupid? I have been no means a Feidler supporter in his time here, but i have the common sense to realize that Jay was not our #1 problem or #4 for that matter last season. Any moron could tell the reason for our most recent unraveling was a combination of injuries, lack luster performance from many starters(not includeing Jay), poor play calling, and a run down rush defense. For christ sakes the guy all most single handedly beet the Pats last season when all of his teamates decided to mail in their effort, and would have if Lamar didn't fumble the fing ball. Wake up Miami! Dan Marino has retired and isnt comming back no matter how much you boo Jay. If your soley a Marino fan than hit the road, if your a Dolphin fan then for christ sake cheer for your team so we can have a 75,000 strong 12th man.

PS if you have a problem with Jay's ability then boo Wanstedt he is the reason Jay is still on the feild. It isn't Jay's fault he wasn't born with a golden arm, but it is the coaching staffs fault that they don't listen to your cries.

It's a good thing they don't listen to their cries, or else we would have Elvis Grbac or Rob Johnson as our starting QB for next year.

a&o54,

I'm willing to go along with admitting we're all wrong about Jay but only if he has another crappy year. If the 'Fins fall for some other reason and he's still one of the top 10 QB's in the league then I still think you and all the other people who don't like Fiedler should still admit that you're wrong.

Just remember, that legion of moronic fans are the same people who couldn't punch the chads; they're just all around stupid.

I was at the game Vs Broncos where he was booed off

...and we were down by 3 points, a week after coming back in the 4th from 11 points down. It made no sense. Tickethoders pay the bills and if they choose to boo, well that's up to them.

But I was proud of the reaction the team gave, they still played their hearts out and turned it around from 0-10 to 21-10 in the fourth.

Add a running game the the heart and determination of that guy Fiedler, the sky's the limit.:D

Go Fins...

Originally posted by Blitz
It's a good thing they don't listen to their cries, or else we would have Elvis Grbac or Rob Johnson as our starting QB for next year.

:fire: :fire: :fire: That episode at the Heats game is moronic and ridiculous. :yell: :yell: :yell:

I live 20 mins. outside of Philly, so I know a lot of Philly fans and I would only expect something like that from Philly fans or Raiders fans. The city of Miami just showed that their fans can be just as classless as some of the others..

I'm sorry, let me correct myself before I offend some of my brethren here. I know what happend at the Heat game only represents a small percentage of the Dolphin fan base.

Fiedler, if you're out there and can read our post here at Finheaven. Keep you're head up, that classless bunch at the Heat game doesn't speak for the majority. We know you will do what it takes to get us to the next level (Super Bowl).:D

GO FINS!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom