Sad but True..... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sad but True.....

Re: Fans...

Originally posted by Dolphan5499
I don't want it to sound like Florida Dolphin fans are bad fans...just going to the stadium means you are a good fan....but if you want to see rabid Dolphin fans, come up to a Yet/Phin game at Giants Stadium...The fans up here in NJ/NY are insane!! I guess we have to be, to put up with the morons who wear green and white. There are more fistfights and arguements during a Phin/Yet game up here....one thing I gotta say about the Yet fans in Florida...they are decent people. Not like the scum up here. But, they ARE still Yet fans....LOL!!

:monkey: Jet fans

Dude I was at the Phins/Bills game I believe it was in 95 like a week before xmas AT RICH STADIUM sitting on those aluminum benches with 3 blankets wrapped around me and being seperated far from the 8000 dolphin fans in the one endzone. Nothing more scary then getting double charged to park on some guys lawn cause your a phin fan (they have **** for parking there) and then walking through the throngs of "**** the dolphins" banners and spears through stuffed dolphins!

whenever I start to doubt Jay...

I just think about those wins up in Buffalo.:) I'll never forget that first trip (I think), they showed him taking pregame warmups in his t shirt. 'great day for a ballgame' I think he said. Then went out and beat em. How often did they struggle up there even with Marino?
As they say, actions speak louder than words, so those same pinheads that are booing him will probably be cheering him by the end of the season!;)
I'll bet he can't wait to show 'em!

RE: Muck

I hate to say it...but, I think...now this is based on my only appearence at Joe Robbie (I'll be dammed if I call it ProPlayer)..but most (not ALL) Florida Phin fans are fairweather fans......watch any home game on TV...listen for the boos....it's a tough crowd in Miami...they want perfection everytime, and when the Phins are ever down, they boo.... from what I've seen/heard. There are die hard fans who stayed til then end of the Yet debacle....but most Phins fans left JR in the third quarter. I know that not every fan in Fla is like this....but to pack a 75K stadium, and more than half of it is in the parking lot during the 4th quarter is pathetic. When I saw the Monday night Yet/Phin game in NJ, the whole staduim of Yet fans left in the 3rd quarter..only let be let back in (unprecidented) for the fourth when they won in OT (I was there until the bitter end....I refuse to leave a football game early).

I think FLorida Phin fans should be more loyal to their team ,and not to just the memory of Dan!!

RE: VanDolPhan

I give ya alot of credit for going to Rich staduim...you'd never in a million years catch me up there. ...they hate dolfans more that Yet fans do....!! Plus...just the thouht of going to Fluffalo gives me heartburn..LOL!!! Bills fans, um...SUCK!!

:monkey: Bills fans

Re: RE: Muck

Originally posted by Dolphan5499
I think FLorida Phin fans should be more loyal to their team ,and not to just the memory of Dan!!

Funny you mention Dan and our fans. I was at the Baltimore game in 2000 when they had the ceremony to retire Dan's jersey.

BOB GRIESE cracked a little joke about Dan while introducing him.....and the "fans" BOOED him. BOB GRIESE got booed at Joe Robbie Stadium!! Griese had to stop and calm the crowd down.
And when Wayne Huizenga was introduced by Griese and then thanked by Marino in his speech, the "fans" let out a thunderous boo. Dan also had to stop and get everyone to chill out. Unreal.

I'll never understand Miami fans. Nothing is ever good enough for them. Nothing. I remember my buddy's uncles from Miami booing Marino during a game against the Falcons. They it's because he's "not a team player".
This is the kind of crap that the Dolphin organization has to put up with.

Re: Re: RE: Muck

Originally posted by Muck

Funny you mention Dan and our fans. I was at the Baltimore game in 2000 when they had the ceremony to retire Dan's jersey.

BOB GRIESE cracked a little joke about Dan while introducing him.....and the "fans" BOOED him. BOB GRIESE got booed at Joe Robbie Stadium!! Griese had to stop and calm the crowd down.
And when Wayne Huizenga was introduced by Griese and then thanked by Marino in his speech, the "fans" let out a thunderous boo. Dan also had to stop and get everyone to chill out. Unreal.

I'll never understand Miami fans. Nothing is ever good enough for them. Nothing. I remember my buddy's uncles from Miami booing Marino during a game against the Falcons. They it's because he's "not a team player".

I think Huizenga was being booed by Florida Marlins' fans more so than Dolphin fans. The Marlins fans really hate him for his dismantling of their World Series Championship team.

The Marino thing is verry touchy, had Marino been given the chance to retire instead of being fired people would have acted differently. Many games thru Jimmy's tenure Jimmy would rather lose running than win with Marino passing the conflict kept escallating until the blow out in Jax in 99.

Make no mistake Dave Wannstedt was on a mission to get rid off Marino at any cost, when the fans start yelling and booing - Wanny turns tails as says Marino is welcomed back, then cuts him. I think that people boo Jay Fiedler because he replaced Marino and that wound is still exposed. Everytime they see Jay at some level they associate him with the way Marino was treated in the spring of 2000.

I think Jay is actually a pretty good QB, granted he's not Marino but only a handful of QBs in the last 80 years were like Marino, so enough, it's not Jay's fault.... Marino's time had come as much as I cried the day he left his time was up... You want some one to boo - how about the opposing teams!

I think Huizenga was being booed by Florida Marlins' fans more so than Dolphin fans. The Marlins fans really hate him for his dismantling of their World Series Championship team.

That's what I thought too.

I know it's because of the Marlins, but I still don't care. This had nothing to do with the Marlins. The fact is that Huizenga is a good FOOTBALL owner. And this was Marino's night.

You know what Griese said to get booed?? He made a harmless crack about Marino's "mobility". Good to know Miami fans have a sense of humor.

Since we're talking about the Marlins.....would the fans rather we never won the World Series?? Ask Zach Thomas what he would prefer. Zach has already said that he'd rather go 1-15 every year and to win a title.

People may have beefs with what happened, but the fact is that everybody wanted a championship and Wayne did what it took to get them one.

This wasn't New York, where the Yankess sell out every game and have endless support. This was Miami, where baseball games rarely sell out and fan support is lukewarm. The money just doesn't flow in like it does in New York.

Wayne went balls to the wall and took a $30 million loss to get us a championship. And all Miami fans can do to thank him is boo him for as long as he's a player in Miami sports.

Yeah, their a classy bunch.

Touchy or not, most Miami fans don't deserve a professional sports franchise.

All of these moronic fans should become Jaguar or Buc fans.

I'm sick of them. We don't need them.

"Wayne went balls to the wall and took a $30 million loss to get us a championship. And all Miami fans can do to thank him is boo him for as long as he's a player in Miami sports"

Wayne said he lost 30 mil.
That's what he says. Others think differently.
Even if that was true (which I seriously doubt), he could have recouped much of his losses the next year if he had let the team come back and try to defent their title.
Miami is definitely a bandwagon sports town, no doubt.
That is exactly why Wayne should have brought that team back the next year.
He had the fans right where he needed them. They were on the Marlin's bandwagon (60,000+ for a World Series game proves that).
The fans would have flocked to the ballpark, had they brought back the championship team.
He may have even gotten support for a new stadium (although we will never know).
The Miami Fans were screwed.
They remembered what he did to them.
That's why they booed him at the Marino tribute.
We will never know what might have been, but, you can only imagine where baseball would be at this time in Miami if things were allowed to play out for even one more year.
But, bottom line, it was his team, and he can do whatever the hell he wants to.
Just don't expect the fans to welcome him blindly!

As a Dolphin fan living in West Palm Beach, I can say that the fan base around here is terrible. For one, most of the fans actually come from Boca Raton, Ft. Laurderdale, etc. Very few come from Miami.

Secondly, most fans around here are plain out lazy. At my dad's work, he receives SO many tickets from season ticket holders because they say that the weather will be too hot or somethin like that.

Now, I'll admit, the heat at PPS is terrible. You sweat your ass off, and you'll have a sun burn for at least a week... :lol: However, when I used to go (every year except this year), I didn't care about the weather. Either rain or shine, I was there. (And btw, I didn't go this year cause I needed to start saving for college.)

Finally, everyone knows that Miami has a TON of tourists comging from New York, New Jersey... you name it, and we probably have it down here.

Thats my $0.02...

Re: Re: RE: Muck

Originally posted by Muck

Something you guys may not realize is that a lot of people in Miami, myself among the charter members, despise Wayne Huizenga, not for what he did to any of the rosters of the teams. He really inflamed a cross-border conflict between Miami and Broward (Fort Lauderdale). A lot of people in Miami felt that the "Florida Marlins" was a slap in the face. When not on the subject of sports, he talks a lot about how Fort Lauderdale is superior to Miami.

As for Fiedler, I've never been sold on him either. But, make no mistake, as my user ID plainly indicates, I was born and raised in Miami, and I've lived here my entire life, except for college, and I would never boo him, publicly or otherwise. You'll find idiots wherever you go, here or elsewhere. Others around the state automatically take this "I hate Miami" attitude because to them we're much like New York used to be to the rest of the country.

Well said Miamian.
I agree about the Dade/Broward thing.
Whereabouts in Miami you from?
I was raised in Kendall, and South Miami.

Maybe the true Dolphin fans who are not in Miami can switch places with the fair weather fans in Miami.

I grew up in Buffalo and knew several people who were die hard Dolphin fans. We put up a lot of crap from Bill fans, but stuck with the Dolphins.

I remember when I was about 10, and I went to a Bills game. Some druken Bills fan spit at me and started throwing beer towards me. If you go to Buffalo now, you won't see to many Bills fans. They don't have a great local fan base. They couldn't even sell out the Seahawk game that had a halftime tribute to Jim 'the wife beater' Kelly.

Back
Top Bottom