Safety Malik Hooker visiting Dolphins | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Safety Malik Hooker visiting Dolphins

Vet safeties are generally pretty cheap. If we don't sign Hooker, I'd be unsurprised if we didn't bring a street free agent into camp on a vet minimum deal.

I don't believe this move had anything to do with Hooker. it had everything to do with McCain.

It would appear that way. But who plays the 10 games Hooker will miss?

Hooker is not going to start

we’re going from

McCain/Fejedelem
Rowe/Jones

to

Holland/Hooker
Rowe/Jones

Jones will play on 3 Safety sets

keeping hooker in situational play should keep him healthy

I believe both Tre Boston and Earl Thomas are still available... and would work cheaply. There are others...

If we want to bring in a vet safety for insurance, we can do it for less than Half of what McCain would have made.

I don't believe this move had anything to do with Hooker. it had everything to do with McCain.
Idk about that. Taking the chance on Hooker over McCain just makes way too much sense right now. We wanted a ball hawk at FS and Holland is the perfect rookie for that. Hooker is a ball hawk as well so sign him cheap and save the money on McCain.

Idk about that. Taking the chance on Hooker over McCain just makes way too much sense right now. We wanted a ball hawk at FS and Holland is the perfect rookie for that. Hooker is a ball hawk as well so sign him cheap and save the money on McCain.
I'm not saying we won't get Hooker. I'm saying McCain was going either way.

i agree with you that RB is not one of Flo's most-valued units, lol.

but i think the attention to Safety is more because of a lack of talent there, not a Flo-values-this-position thing.
With a tighter back end, it will assist with getting more pressure up front...

Back
Top Bottom