Salary Cap update per Clayton | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salary Cap update per Clayton

Woooooo!! The Phins are in the best shape!! :)

Muck said:
Woooooo!! The Phins are in the best shape!! :)

This is before OGun and the rookies, so this is pretty good, but once Ogun is sign, I'm sure it'll be tight.

All I gotta say is if we're that far under right now, why isn't Wale signed already?

Rebar71 said:
All I gotta say is if we're that far under right now, why isn't Wale signed already?

Because they've got to sign Rookies and want to save some to start talking to Chambers, McMicheal and have some ready if they need to sign someone during the season.

I beleive that includes the $1.8million tender for Ogun, unless the Dolphins lowered the offer when they got the chance, but I don't remember seeing any report of them officially lowering it.

So, even if we sign Ogun to a new deal, we are still in good shape, because the $1.8mil will nearly offset any new deal considering it will likely be backloaded. With this much room we should be trying to lock up a few of our younger stars (Ogun/Ricky/Chambers/Mc<ichael/Surtain) with some FRONT loaded contracts to give us cap releif down the road and better set us up for the future.

grooves12 said:
I beleive that includes the $1.8million tender for Ogun, unless the Dolphins lowered the offer when they got the chance, but I don't remember seeing any report of them officially lowering it.

So, even if we sign Ogun to a new deal, we are still in good shape, because the $1.8mil will nearly offset any new deal considering it will likely be backloaded. With this much room we should be trying to lock up a few of our younger stars (Ogun/Ricky/Chambers/Mc<ichael/Surtain) with some FRONT loaded contracts to give us cap releif down the road and better set us up for the future.
They lowered it to protect themselves in case Ogun does sit out..I think Surtain is still on the radar..Just not sure what Ogun's bonus is going to be, which is the stumling block if I remember correctly.

O-Gun's tender is 110% of his 2003 salary of $375,000 and that is $412,500. Any new deal will obviously eat up some of that cap space.

The Dolphins did lower Ogunleye's tender from $1.8 million to $455,000 on June 16th. I believe that that $455,000 is included into the salary cap already. Also, the Dolphins are only allowed to spend a maximum of $2.8 million on their Rookies and undrafted Rookies. So, if you take away the $2.8 million and include the $455,000, we can offer Ogunleye at the most aproximatley $4 million this year.

KYfinfan said:
Seeing how Clayton's numbers were put up the 15th and Gildon didn't sign until late Friday night(16th), I doubt it. But you're a Bills fan so we understand that adding/subracting is a bit difficult for you.:tongue:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Thanks for the update. Even without Wale and the rookies signed, those are good numbers for us. Hey Clumpy what is our rookie pool, so we know how much of the 6.3 mill is allocated?

Miami rookie pool is $2,491,245

HOWEVER, rookie pool is the limit for the 1st yr cap value of rookies. Rookie pools are a "cap within a cap". Only the signing bonuses of the draft choices and salary of 1st rd pick, Vernon Carey, will apply to the overall salary cap per the Top 51 rule. Once the 53 man roster is set, then all players will count towards cap

Back
Top Bottom