Salary Cap update per Clayton | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salary Cap update per Clayton

Any earned insentive from the previous year has to be into this years cap. Even if you don't resign the person, because it was money not counted against the cap the previous year but was earned it must go against the cap the following year.

Merman and Clumpy...Are you guys studying this stuff for a purpose or just pure enjoyment of knowing about the cap? Where do you get that manual you are quoting from?

DoLpHiNz34 said:
Merman and Clumpy...Are you guys studying this stuff for a purpose or just pure enjoyment of knowing about the cap? Where do you get that manual you are quoting from?

http://www.nflpa.org/members/main.asp?subPage=CBA+Complete

I got into it because the only fans with Dolphin cap numbers was Clump and Agua. So I put together a salary cap chart last year so that all Dolphin fans could have the same information. The Finforum was gracious enough to put it on the web. Seems like it was a good idea as there are now a few Dolphin cap charts on the web.

To answer your question, the subject does match my talents like Boomer does player evaluation and others do well at what they do. :D

beam said:
Any earned insentive from the previous year has to be into this years cap. Even if you don't resign the person, because it was money not counted against the cap the previous year but was earned it must go against the cap the following year.

What you are talking about is part of the salary cap adjustment from the previous year which can be either an addition or subtraction to the current year's cap.

We are talking about the requirements of a required tender to keep exclusive negotiating rights to a restricted free agent.

Merman said:

I got into it because the only fans with Dolphin cap numbers was Clump and Agua. So I put together a salary cap chart last year so that all Dolphin fans could have the same information. The Finforum was gracious enough to put it on the web. Seems like it was a good idea as there are now a few Dolphin cap charts on the web.

To answer your question, the subject does match my talents like Boomer does player evaluation and others do well at what they do. :D
Thanks man, keep doin what you're doing your cap explanations are always interesting. Nice link I had never been there.

Merman said:

Yeah like for instance, I have an uncanny talent for posts that are neither informative or funny, such as this one. :goof:

Hey Clump, do we get our get out of (cap) jail free card now or cna we pick it up later? :evil:

Merman said:
Are you saying no that the incentives have to be included or the part about the bonus maybe salary???

Just to save some time.

The brackets are not mine. I just made that segment bold so it is easy to pick out.

:horsey:

After you posted, I briefly looked at the provisions (I'm at work, couldn't really dive in deep). From how I interpret, his reduced qualifying offer is $412,500 plus the same incentives as were in his contract in 2003. The incentives are not included in calculating the lower tender

Samphin said:
Hey Clump, do we get our get out of (cap) jail free card now or cna we pick it up later? :evil:

Next off-season, Miami will not be in cap jail but that doesn't mean they will not be cap challenged. They will enter next off-season over the cap

Clumpy said:
After you posted, I briefly looked at the provisions (I'm at work, couldn't really dive in deep). From how I interpret, his reduced qualifying offer is $412,500 plus the same incentives as were in his contract in 2003. The incentives are not included in calculating the lower tender

$455k the minimum for a third year player
$250k incentives

$705k cap charge

Hope you're feeling better.

Clumpy said:
Next off-season, Miami will not be in cap jail but that doesn't mean they will not be cap challenged. They will enter next off-season over the cap

:rolleyes: :tongue: You are coming around. Eventually you shall admit that this cap jail thing is becoming a thing of the past now that Agents, players, and team officals know how to structure contracts, re-do contracts and make everyone happy.

Back
Top Bottom