Salary Cap update per Clayton | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salary Cap update per Clayton

Nublar7 said:
The Dolphins did lower Ogunleye's tender from $1.8 million to $455,000 on June 16th. I believe that that $455,000 is included into the salary cap already. Also, the Dolphins are only allowed to spend a maximum of $2.8 million on their Rookies and undrafted Rookies. So, if you take away the $2.8 million and include the $455,000, we can offer Ogunleye at the most aproximatley $4 million this year.
Good work:) ! Sorry bout the miscalculation wit Gildon Clumpy:roflmao: ? How much did they sign Gildon for anyway?

KYfinfan said:
Seeing how Clayton's numbers were put up the 15th and Gildon didn't sign until late Friday night(16th), I doubt it. But you're a Bills fan so we understand that adding/subracting is a bit difficult for you.:tongue:

punkrocka.gif

How true KYff how true !!!!

:billsbite

Marino1983

Clumpy said:
$755,000 salary, $500,000 signing bonus, plus up to $500,000 in incentives
hmmm not bad i suppose. What kind of inscentives tho...if u even kno?

No word on what the incentives consist of but they are likely to include sacks, Pro Bowl, and team result incentives

Lets see where we stand after all the rookies and Ogun is signed.My guess is that we will be close to the cap.

Ogunleye's reduced mandatory tender also has to include last years incentives. His cap charge now is $705k.

That is of course if he didn't have any incentives he didn't earn last year that is considered a bonus but may be salary. Isn't that right Muck. :p4e:

Clumpy said:
First I've heard of this :shakeno:

Are you saying no that the incentives have to be included or the part about the bonus maybe salary???

Just to save some time.

From the CBA

ARTICLE XIX

VETERAN FREE AGENCY

Section 2. Restricted Free Agents:

(h) Signing Period. ...

If the player’s Qualifying Offer is greater than 110% of the player’s Paragraph 5 Salary (with all other terms of his prior year contract carried forward unchanged), the Club may withdraw the Qualifying Offer on June 15 and retain its rights under the preceding sentence, so long as the Club immediately tenders the player a one year Player Contract of at least 110% of his Paragraph 5 Salary (with all other terms of his prior year contract carried forward unchanged) (the “June 15 Tenderâ€Â).

The brackets are not mine. I just made that segment bold so it is easy to pick out.

:horsey:

I'm not sure what kind of incentives the coaches worked into Ogunleye's EFA contract last year is the thing. I know he raised a stink last year because he was reluctant about signing the EFA tender and the coaches responded by giving him a few BS incentives but they were very very small to my knowledge...

So anyway its good to know that should someone end up dropping a big name suddenly (a la Lawyer Milloy) the Phins are in somewhat of a position to go after them. I think they must be quietly very disappointed in the relatively few amount of veteran names that have been made available since June 1st. As always, they counted on taking a look at some June and July names, and adding a few to the team, but this time around, no names to grab...they hoped for Muhammad, he never ended up getting cut.

ckparrothead said:
I'm not sure what kind of incentives the coaches worked into Ogunleye's EFA contract last year is the thing. I know he raised a stink last year because he was reluctant about signing the EFA tender and the coaches responded by giving him a few BS incentives but they were very very small to my knowledge...

Yes they were very small considering the accomplishments.

$125k for 14 or more sacks
$100k for leading the team in sacks
$25k for making the pro-bowl

Back
Top Bottom