Salguero: Miami has offered a THIRD round pick for Orton. | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salguero: Miami has offered a THIRD round pick for Orton.

No higher then a third and re-work a 3 year deal and I'm fine. You guys are insane if you think Orton doesn't improve this team. Remember, we don't need a superstar. We need what Orton can do and that is move the chains, make plays, not turn the ball over and not be afraid to make a mistake. These are problems that Henne has and Orton has shown he is capable of accomplishing. A top 5 defense and Orton at QB equals playoff contender. Additionally, you draft a future QB and develop him.

Face it. There are not many options and this is probably best. Remember, we don't need Manning or Brady. They'd be great to have but Orton will be enough to make the Fins contenders.

i do whatever i want first off... i'm a dolphins fan...always will be...but i don't just sop up everything these guys do like a puppet on a string...i know better....i don't care how much you do or don't like hearing from me

where do you clowns get off telling me what i should do...unreal

Fan... Really? You realize fan is a shortened form of fanatic, yes? I see no fanaticism in you. As for Orton, I have no opinion on the guy other than a 3rd is worth it to sure up the QB depth chart with a solid QB. Henne and Orton can battle it out for the starting position.

What's truly unreal is that you've taken up WV's mantle of being the resident hater. Unfortunately, his account was killed but not his malign spirit.

No higher then a third and re-work a 3 year deal and I'm fine. You guys are insane if you think Orton doesn't improve this team. Remember, we don't need a superstar. We need what Orton can do and that is move the chains, make plays, not turn the ball over and not be afraid to make a mistake. These are problems that Henne has and Orton has shown he is capable of accomplishing. A top 5 defense and Orton at QB equals playoff contender. Additionally, you draft a future QB and develop him.

Face it. There are not many options and this is probably best. Remember, we don't need Manning or Brady. They'd be great to have but Orton will be enough to make the Fins contenders.

All of this. For all of you guys that are dissing the potential of this move -- I really want to know who you say should compete with / replace Henne in 2011. Seriously.

And assume Carson Palmer is NOT available. Because at this point, the odds of landing him stand at 2.5% + / -

Is it Vince Young?
Is it Matt Hasselbeck?
Is it Donavan McNabb?
Is it ...........................?

Who do you guys think, within reason, is a better option than trading a 3rd round draft pick for? And why?

Tavaris Jackson heading to Seattle. Now that QBs are positioning elsewhere, Ireland should drop it back to a fourth or fifth and a player.

I'm thinking it would destroy any confidence he may have left.

Pretty sure he has a brain and saw this coming from the second the clock hit 0:00 in NE

This is the NFL. Nobody promised you a job especially not if you suck

Yeah this is the Dolphins. Hasn't anyone informed him we aren't supposed to be interested in QBs who throw 2x more TDs than INTs? We should merely be happy with a guy who throws more INTs than TDs and some clown like Vince Young. That's the real Dolphin way.

I don't think Orton is a bad quarterback. I also don't think he is worthy of a potential 2nd round pick. He is decent QB that doesn't make mistakes.

Ask yourself these questions:

1) How many seasons (realistically) will he play at his current level?

2) Based on the level of play of the last 10 Super Bowl winning quarterbacks, can he play at a level to get past the elite defenses of the AFC in the playoffs?

3) Drawing upon your conclusions to #1 and #2, is this worth a 2nd round pick?

I think you are right. I just wonder if there wasn't a part of him hoping he would be given another year as the main guy. It was certainly an idea that was discussed.
Pretty sure he has a brain and saw this coming from the second the clock hit 0:00 in NE

This is the NFL. Nobody promised you a job especially not if you suck

I don't think Orton is a bad quarterback. I also don't think he is worthy of a potential 2nd round pick. He is decent QB that doesn't make mistakes.

Ask yourself these questions:

1) How many seasons (realistically) will he play at his current level?

2) Based on the level of play of the last 10 Super Bowl winning quarterbacks, can he play at a level to get past the elite defenses of the AFC in the playoffs?

3) Drawing upon your conclusions to #1 and #2, is this worth a 2nd round pick?

1) 3-6

2) I think Orton is better than Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson, but I see your point. I think our defense is going to become one of the elites in the NFL and will be the focal point of our team, just like the Ravens with Dilfer and the Bucs with Johnson. Of course, those were among the best defenses of all time, but I think our offense will be better than the Ravens and Bucs were.

3) If the move makes us a contender, which I think it will, absolutely.

Of course this is contingent on my earlier posts when I said I would sign both Orton and Bradshaw.

Lets hope this pushes Henne, if Orton starts this year we have not solved our QB problems

just heard la canfora say orton for a conditional 3rd that depending on if he signs a long term contract extension with said team that trades for him would bump to a 2nd rounder

ugh

Why would the compensation to the Broncos be tied to the contract Orton signs with his new team?

I hope Clayton is right and it is a fourth. I want Orton but I don't want to give more than that for him. I would be willing to escalate it to a third if Orton gets wins the starting job and leads us to the playoffs.

Orton is not great but good enough to give us 4 extra wins this year. I think of whats available out there its the best choice , look if Henne falters Orton alot better than thigpen to take over.We need to stop comparing or waiting for the next Marino come on guys that aint going to happen.I can name two games off the top of my head that Orton would have made a difference browns, Lions games enough said.

Back
Top Bottom