Salguero: Miami has offered a THIRD round pick for Orton. | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salguero: Miami has offered a THIRD round pick for Orton.

I'm thinking it would destroy any confidence he may have left.

Now you are worried about hurting his feelings? REALLY? REALLY?! Henne is a big boy, he can take it

I read Armando's little blurb about Miami going as high as a 3rd rounder for Orton, but I think its just speculation. Especially since its coming from Armando. He has the biggest mouth in Miami, and nobody actually shares info with him. I honestly still think Miami is going with Henne.

Your first offer is never your best offer. Starrt at a 3rd and work up to a 2nd.

Why do people think Orton would come here and have to win the job? Do you honestly think we're going to trade a solid pick for him to sit even if it were a 4th?

A street FA would come in to camp to compete a traded player will be our starter.

Ive defended Henne in the past...i dont have an emotional attachment to him or nething but i felt like he got more of the blame than he should have. People wanted him to come in and be a vocal leader. Not many players are gonna come in and take over like that when you have Chad Pennington still on the roster. Listen to what Blaine Gabbert said, he said you dont just come in and be a vocal leader you have to earn respect and it comes over time, you have to prove yourself to get your teammates confidence (unless you are a first overall pick i guess then your pretty much expected to start from day 1). You guys expect too much too soon. I think Henne can still turn things around but i wouldnt complain if we trade a 3rd for Orton. I tihnk Ortons a good QB and he makes the QB position better. If Henne beats out Orton then so be it, may the best man win...although i do agree with 3rdandinches that if we trade for Orton he will most likely start.

I would love grabbing Orton, but a 3rd is too high. Hope its not true and we offered a 4th 0r 5th. This regime doesn't deserve to spend any more picks to begin with.

Brandon Marshall 2009 w/ Orton
targeted every 6 offensive snaps
67% complete, 8 drops
11.1 yards per catch

Brandon Marshall 2010 w/ Henne
targeted every 6 offensive snaps
65% complete, 14 drops
11.8 yards per catch

2010 passing splits
passer rating, Fourth quarter of close games (trailing or ahead by 7 or less points)
Orton 58.5
Henne 58.4

Passer rating, inside opponents' 20 yard line
Orton 91.5
Henne 89.0

passer rating, 3rd down
Orton 58.0
Henne 73.0

passer rating, 3rd down and 3-7 yards to go
Orton 45.8
Henne 119.7

passer rating, when blitzed
Orton 72.8
Henne 74.4

passer rating, under pressure
Orton 12.2
Henne 23.7

This!

Fan... Really? You realize fan is a shortened form of fanatic, yes? I see no fanaticism in you. As for Orton, I have no opinion on the guy other than a 3rd is worth it to sure up the QB depth chart with a solid QB. Henne and Orton can battle it out for the starting position.

What's truly unreal is that you've taken up WV's mantle of being the resident hater. Unfortunately, his account was killed but not his malign spirit.

if you don't like me i'm fine with that...

I hope its just a 4th round pick for Orton. If I was Miami I would stick to a 4th round pick. All the other Qb's have agreed with other teams already. So I would stick my ground because no one else will trade for him now.

Ok lets break this down:

I would be all for Orton if he was a FA, just like I'm cool with VY coming in now.

I think to get Andrew Luck you have to have the worst record in the league . . . that won't be the Dolphins, so I can't understand why people think the people against trading for Orton are the same ones who want Andrew Luck . . . I hate to tell yall this . . . Henne isn't that bad, and we won't be getting Andrew Luck unless Henne goes down and a rookie who isn't ready is QBin for us. Plus technically . . . Luck and Barkley can both return, so no guarantee they will be in the 2012 draft anyways.

This move screams SAVE ME from this front office. There is no long term outlook with this move . . . they can't honestly think Orton is the answer to get them to the next level, he is there to hush a clueless fanbase about getting a QB, even though it is the same fanbase who has endured some of the most boneheaded QB trades of the past decade. What better way to hush people than bring in a guy who has stats that look decent and people haven't truly watched. I thought we were tired of the 9-7ness of this team.

This front office hasn't earned the right to trade future draft picks for 2012, especially day 1 and day 2 picks . . . they have used 2 on Brandon Marshall, 2 on Henne and White, 1 on Phil Merling who is a rotational guy at best at this point and one on Koa Misi who may not fulfill the pass rush void that is needed opposite of Cam Wake. It is year 4 of the "4 year plan" . . . this regime is CLEARLY on the hotseat, they don't have the right to access a potential new regimes draft picks. They made their bed, they either bring in a FA or trust in Henne . . . that is what they can do.

HoosHoops is right, if they trade a top 3 round pick for Orton . . . that means extension . . . if people can't understand 2 teams have now decided he isn't the answer at QB and think he will be the answer here . . . I don't know what to tell you . . . but expect 4 years and 30 million atleast if he comes here . . . and more years of neglecting the QB position in the first round of the draft. They are better off going with a Vince Young, bring him in with Henne and that gives you the most potential . . . yea it may give you the most risk, but that is what it is down to, and if they crash and burn . . . that just means a new regime comes in which is necessary if this one can't make progress after 4 years.

I think most people would agree Orton has shown to be a better option than Henne . . . but atleast there is still some upside with Henne . . . we know what Orton is, he is NOT good enough to lead a team to a championship and to trade potential ammo for a first round QB pick in 2012 just isn't the right move for this organization. As bad has Henne is received, I rather go to war with him and keep my draft picks than trade a top 3 round pick for Orton.

4 years $30 mil extension i would say would be the lowest orton would sign for...but i can see that

whats gonna happen with luck is if the team that needs a qb gets the top pick end of story he'll be taken...if its not there will be a feeding frenzy to acquire that pick...and i don't care what goes on this year...we need to be a horse in that race

we have chips not just picks but player chips that we need to put on the table...offer just about anything...if its andrew luck

if we come up short there we need to get up as high as we can still and snag matt barkley...

these are 2 prime franchise qb prospects...we have to get one...have to

You guys should be way more upset about this front office releasing a guy like Matt Roth, who is a top free agent especially at SOLB.

You guys should be way more upset about this front office releasing a guy like Matt Roth, who is a top free agent especially at SOLB.

I think Misi and his 2nd round contract is better than throwing a bunch of money at Matt Roth . . . I'm good.

Back
Top Bottom