Salguero: Miami has offered a THIRD round pick for Orton. | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salguero: Miami has offered a THIRD round pick for Orton.

I am not a fan of the offer. Hence the baghead emoticon. I agree with you that the Broncos have very little leverage in this situation. I don't see another team out there trying to get Orton, so why is he even worth a third. This is both stupid and short sighted.

Yea I already posted this a couple of time. So why give up a pick for a guy from another team in the same situation as a guy on our team in the exact same situation.

Of course! This guy is probably the best grab out there to give Henne competition for his job and the best insurance that Ireland and Sporano can purchase that they can last the season. So I cannot blame them for the shortsighted effort seeing it is their butt on the line not ours. If this happens they are true to their word about bringing in competition.

Of course, the jury's also out on Tim Tebow, who would jump to first-team status if Orton hits the road. (Does anyone really give Brady Quinn a chance in this particular derby? Anyone?) But new coach John Fox would face a fan mutiny if Tebow spent the lion's share of another season watching Orton from the bench. No wonder the team's off-season insistence that Orton remained number one on its depth chart generated so much disbelief. Now, the truth is out -- and in the current scenario, it's all but impossible to imagine that Orton will be on the roster when the regular season gets underway.
And the Dolphins are his most likely destination.

Then WHAT really would we be losing if that happened? Hell they should trade Henne and fourth rounder for Orton. That way we can not have to debate this guy's "potential" any longer.
How about a 5th and Henne because the Broncos are going to need someone behind Tbow.

orton would be a waste of a draft pick for the dolphins

dolphins arent gonna compete this year they should roll with henne and see if he improves any

orton will be a slight upgrade but is 7-9 really that much more better then the 5-11 or 6-10 the dolphins are likely facing anyway

i just hope this goes down soon. b/c Kolb is at eagles camp and they are greedy, they want an excessibly high pick for him, or they are keeping him - watch for arizona to scoop up orton and then we have nobody.

we don't have a clue of what's happening behind the scene, do want the kid or not? please stop whining and crying and second guessing everything, if they didn't try to get someone you'd questioning that also I guess.

and our defense is lightyears ahead of that squad.

Not really the 2008 defense was 9th is scoring defense and last year we were 14th.

add to that a 3 game stretch where we needed to win out and the 2008 defense didn't allow a TD.
The defense last year was out of gas at the end and the ranking dropped with 3 straight losses while giving up 89 points in those 3 games.

Everybody is talking about our great defense last year but when push came to shove in the last critical games our defense laid an egg.

Is it bad to have the QB that knows B.marshall to perfection for a fourth or third ? .

Back
Top Bottom