Sam Adams- 350lbs! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sam Adams- 350lbs!

finfan54

Active Roster
Reaction score
Read in the Rochester D and C that Adams is 350 lbs. and says that he wants to be the best DT in the league!

Well , let me tell ya somehting, at 350 lbs, your not going to be in on third down. At 350 lbs, your not going to be in all sets of downs. at 350lbs, your going to wear down come fourth quarter very easily especially with ricky getting stronger as the game goes on.
Even if he gets down 330, he is still going to be considered out n third downs, i dont care what anyone says. Any strength coach would tell ya, he is getting older and putting on weight is not the thing to do (ex: jamie Nails).
Another thing: in buffalo, and i know this from personal experience, the weather at the holidays makes you eat more than if you were in south florida trying to look good for the chickies.

I dont see Sam Adams as any force to be reckoned with except that he will make the occasional big play and plug the middle so the LB's can move around. I think sam Adams saying he wants to be the best is just big talk that comes from alot of guys this time of year so they get attention and they have name recognition. But i think this guy is overrated. Im glad we dont have him becuase he costs too much and he did nothing for the Ravens and raiders that impressed me as far as being the best. Sam Adams will be coming out on third downs, and resting on the sidelines from time to time. Bank it. 350 Lbs is way too much! can u say refrigerator Perry? you wont last in this divsion at that weight.

Sam Adams is a very good DT against the run. The main reason why they sign him is because Ricky Williams and a few others backs have run over the Bills last year.

He will do his job this year like every year. As far as saying he wants to be the best, everyone says that (remember RW last year).

Adams has always been about 350 lbs. Probably more. He's stout against the run and, teamed up with Pat Williams, should give us problems.

Hopefully he will do better than in the past. He signed an incentive laden contract. It should be an interesting year for RW. I don't think he'll be the leading rusher in the NFL next year because of the AFCE preparing for him. Other divisions don't have that kind of competition.

Originally posted by Muck
Adams has always been about 350 lbs. Probably more. He's stout against the run and, teamed up with Pat Williams, should give us problems.

Not on third down he wont. believe me, as he gets older, it will catch up to him. like i said, living in buffalo makes you eat more turkey. If your saying sam adams will be in all the time and a force to be reckoned with, i say, he will be pooped come fourth quarter. Just keep a close eye on him come sept. 21 on ESPN, he will be dogged come 4th quarter. if sam adams has always been 350, then he has always been out of playing weight.
i dont believe the man was playing at 350 lbs then. no way no how, fat cats never last in this league as you get older. it is fact.

Ill take timbo and chester. they are playing right at the right weight and chester is just a workout demon. i gaurrantee you one thing about sam adams. he will not make a serious effort to get that weight down. like i said, he will not be good as he gets 2 or 3 years more into his carreer. there is no way a guy who weighs 350 lbs will be plying 100% of the time. and i surely dont think he will be playing 3rd downs if they know whats good for them. and i dont think gregg williams is that stupid.

Originally posted by justafan
Hopefully he will do better than in the past. He signed an incentive laden contract. It should be an interesting year for RW. I don't think he'll be the leading rusher in the NFL next year because of the AFCE preparing for him. Other divisions don't have that kind of competition.

Yea and they didn't prepare for him last year...:rolleyes: You can prepare for a hurricane all you want to, but can you really stop it...?

And hey, if teams want to over-prepare for the Ricky Monster then they can have it... Because Fiedler is an excellent play action QB, and selling out to the run and over-persuing the run will only play right into Norvs hands...

Last edited by a moderator:
sams weight has always been the same... he will be the biggest additon to our defense.. bigger than spikes imho.

Originally posted by finfan54

Not on third down he wont. believe me, as he gets older, it will catch up to him. like i said, living in buffalo makes you eat more turkey. If your saying sam adams will be in all the time and a force to be reckoned with, i say, he will be pooped come fourth quarter. Just keep a close eye on him come sept. 21 on ESPN, he will be dogged come 4th quarter. if sam adams has always been 350, then he has always been out of playing weight.
i dont believe the man was playing at 350 lbs then. no way no how, fat cats never last in this league as you get older. it is fact.

Ill take timbo and chester. they are playing right at the right weight and chester is just a workout demon. i gaurrantee you one thing about sam adams. he will not make a serious effort to get that weight down. like i said, he will not be good as he gets 2 or 3 years more into his carreer. there is no way a guy who weighs 350 lbs will be plying 100% of the time. and i surely dont think he will be playing 3rd downs if they know whats good for them. and i dont think gregg williams is that stupid.

Larry Chesters listed weight is 325...Honestly, with guys THAT big, they lose 15-20lbs just in water weight during a workout.

I'm talking about teams in the AFCE. Sure teams planned around RW but didn't have the players to do so. Bills, Pats, Jet's (although their draft pick could be a bust) have hired players to try and stop RW.

It's obvious that teams are not scared of Fiedlers arm. They'd rather let him throw than RW run all over the place. It's my opinion, but I could be wrong when I said he won't be the leagues leading rusher.

It's good teams aren't afraid of Fiedler imo.

Hopefully he comes out this year slingin' it like he did last year (before he was injured).

He had a very good QB rating and I think his TD/INT percentage was pretty on target.

Heh, never underestimate a player..ever..

Originally posted by justafan
\It's my opinion, but I could be wrong when I said he won't be the leagues leading rusher.

I'll take your biased Ricky Willams opinions (err hopes) with a grain of salt... last year you said Ricky Williams was as fragile as Rob Johnson....
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yea the AFC East is "preparing" for him... But last year EVERYONE KNEW Ricky was going to run the ball and he still got 1800 yds... Ok some tougher players come into our division to stop him. We'll see... Again, teams can prepare for Ricky but in doing so they also better prepare to get burned... Because as HISTORY has shown, you can't keep Norv Turners passing game down for long...

Last year was the "rookie" year for the Dolphins offense under Turner and our passing game was devasted by injuries... Barring catastophic injuries to our key offensive players... We are going to stomp a mudhole in the AFC East defenses, period.

"I dont see Sam Adams as any force to be reckoned with except that he will make the occasional big play and plug the middle so the LB's can move around. "finfAn54.....Uhmm isnt that exactly what u want a Dt to do???

Let's see, Ricky against the Raiders last year with Sam Adams:
RUSHING ATT YDS AVG LG TD
R.Williams 27 101 3.7 16 0

They kept his avg down..He still got a 100 yards..no TD's.

okay total for game
Total 33 121 3.7 16 1 Minor ran miami's only TD.

But the passing game..

PASSING ATT CP YDS TK/YD TD LG IN
J.Fiedler 32 21 237 3/24 1 40 0

Total yards: 358

Yea Sam did a lot to stop Miami..

Final Defensive Statistics

Oakland TKL AST COM SAC YDS IN PD FF FR
S.Adams 3 1 4 0.0 0.0 0 0 0 0 What no sacks, only 3 tkl's 1 assist.

Seems like Miami took him out of the game..

In Buf D..who plays Miami more, he should do better..but then again, against buf type of D..Ricky did the following.

Game 2:
R.Williams 27 228 8.4 55 2 buf d didn't improve.

Game 1:
R.Williams 25 97 3.9 14 0 much better buf D...

Ricky only gain 325 on the ground last year against Buf..

Wish we had Jay for these games instead of Ray...Look at the Oakland game..when Jay returned..

Bottom line Sam is only a small factor in stopping Ricky..

I'd be careful about saying that Adams isn't going to make a big difference guys. He's one of the top 5 or so Dt's against the run. He's always played at 350 or so.

That being said, Ricky will still be a dominant runner this year. The key to stopping him is not to pick up big guys to take up blockers. You have to get penetration and hit him in the backfield. I don't think that Buffalo (or any team for that matter) can do that consistently for a whole game without extensive run blitzing (which is where our playaction game will rack up passing yards).

Barring injury, RW WILL lead the league in rushing.

Back
Top Bottom