Sam Adams- 350lbs! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sam Adams- 350lbs!

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Let's see, Ricky against the Raiders last year with Sam Adams:
RUSHING ATT YDS AVG LG TD
R.Williams 27 101 3.7 16 0

They kept his avg down..He still got a 100 yards..no TD's.

okay total for game
Total 33 121 3.7 16 1 Minor ran miami's only TD.

But the passing game..

PASSING ATT CP YDS TK/YD TD LG IN
J.Fiedler 32 21 237 3/24 1 40 0

Total yards: 358

Yea Sam did a lot to stop Miami..

Final Defensive Statistics

Oakland TKL AST COM SAC YDS IN PD FF FR
S.Adams 3 1 4 0.0 0.0 0 0 0 0 What no sacks, only 3 tkl's 1 assist.

Seems like Miami took him out of the game..

In Buf D..who plays Miami more, he should do better..but then again, against buf type of D..Ricky did the following.

Game 2:
R.Williams 27 228 8.4 55 2 buf d didn't improve.

Game 1:
R.Williams 25 97 3.9 14 0 much better buf D...

Ricky only gain 325 on the ground last year against Buf..

Wish we had Jay for these games instead of Ray...Look at the Oakland game..when Jay returned..

Bottom line Sam is only a small factor in stopping Ricky..

Funny, that's when he was with the raiders. Put him beside Pat Williams, having Fletcher , Spikes and Posey should make a diference don't you think?

Since you are soooo confident RW will do the same thing, anyone wanna bet RW won't run for 220 yards/game against the bills in any of the two games? :D

Originally posted by justafan

Funny, that's when he was with the raiders. Put him beside Pat Williams, having Fletcher , Spikes and Posey should make a diference don't you think?

Since you are soooo confident RW will do the same thing, anyone wanna bet RW won't run for 220 yards/game against the bills in any of the two games? :D

The point is that Ricky doesn't have to run for 220 yds to be effective... Just the fact that he is on the field is effective enough...

Anyone want to bet Buffaloathe doesn't beat us twice next year? :chair:

Know what, you'd have to give me good odds to take that bet. Chances are he won't get 220. BUT some of your billbuddies are saying he won't get 100 in either game this season. Don't you think that is a bit of a stretch? To say Ricky won't get 100 yards is like saying he will get 400 in a game.

I never said he wouldn't get his 100 yards, did I? I'm just challenging 13gr confidence in RW that he will be just as good. Being a bills fan and the fact that RW ran 220 yards aginst us, I'm saying Sam Adams and co. won't let that happen.

Don't want to burst your bubble, but Oakland had a much better D than the bills last year..I don't think Ricky should run 200 yards on no NFL team..These are suppose to be the best of the best. But the fact that he did, shows that he's the best of the best. I think he will affect your team mentally and shouldn't have to run 200 yards..but he definetly can setup the play action that can beat you..McMicheals, Chambers, Thompson, Konrad, McKnight, and maybe even Toliver..may be more of a pain to you than Ricky..But this is only if the team is healthy...injuries always plays a big part in the NFL..hopefully both team remain relatively healthy this year.

I didn't say you did. I said some of your buddies. I was asking your opinion. Do you think Ricky can get 100 yards in a game against you next year? Is it possible, in your most honest opinion?

I wish Ricky would get 1000 in 2 games against you, but I know it aint happening. Also, I think you guys made enough moves to solidify your defense enough to not have a guy run rampant for 4 straight quarters. I think you'll do better against the run, but our offense will comensate with the pass. Ricky will get his 100 in each game, I believe.

The raiders defense was pretty good:

John Parella-same level as Williams (who I think is a great player, so I don't think I'm being neg. biased)

I can't remember the ends for either team, but neither team have good de's.

Barton and Romanowski-Spikes is better than either, but Posey is worse than both, therefore, I'd consider this position to be equal.

Napoleon Harris-fast, big lb with some real skill, but at this point, due to experience, I'd say Fletcher is a notch above (prob. not though, after this season, as Harris is going to be good).

I won't bother with the secondaries, as they weren't mentioned. Overall though, I don't think that Sam Adams has a better supporting cast at all in Buffalo, and he is a year older. They are about equal, though I consider the Raiders to have one of the top secondaries in the league.

Now personally, I don't think Ricky will get as many. I see Ricky having a 1500 yard season, but having a bit more trouble within the division. Our division seems to have keyed on upgrading run defense this offseason, to compensate for all our rivals having such nasty rushers. We are truly in the best division in football. If any team in our division was in any other division, it wouldn't be fair. Maybe not for the Jets, but that's a whole other thread.;)

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

Don't want to burst your bubble, but Oakland had a much better D than the bills last year..I.

Did I say we were better than the raiders last year? Compared to the bills of this year, I doubt the raiders' D last year will be better than what we have now.

I never said he wouldn't get his 100 yards, did I? I'm just challenging 13gr confidence in RW that he will be just as good. Being a bills fan and the fact that RW ran 220 yards aginst us, I'm saying Sam Adams and co. won't let that happen.

He will be just as good if not better, will that translate to 200+ yards on the field maybe not... His mere presence on our team has forced other teams to change what they do... You compensate for Ricky in the run, then you pay for it in the pass... either way Ricky is effective... I mean even if Sam Adams and Spikes take away a hundred yards from his total... he still runs for 120!

I mean you talk like Adams is Ricky's cryptonite... When in reality its like the difference between being buried 6 feet deep or 3 feet deep, IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE EITHER WAY YOU ARE STILL F#$#ING DEAD!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, now that's a stretch. Your guys haven't stepped on the field while the Raiders went to the SB. You have no idea if all your new acquisitions will jel in time, or succeed in your defensive scheme. Now, you still haven't answred my question.

You forget that Adams plays for the $$. We won't give him any if he doesn't play well. There's been a lot of speculation that his best years are behind him, which is why Donahoe gave him an incentive laden contract.

"There's a lot of hearsay out there," said the 6-foot-4 Adams, who is listed at 285 pounds but weighs about 350. "Line up on Sunday, and we'll see. I expect to be the best in this league, plain and simple. I am here to pitch a fit, give opposing offenses 60 minutes of hell, and that's what I intend to do."

Originally posted by 13isgr81

!

Jesus Christ dude your talking like Sam Adams is Ricky's cryptonite... When in reality its like the difference between being buried 6 feet deep or 3 feet deep, IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE EITHER WAY YOU ARE STILL F#$#ING DEAD!!!

Easy with the coffee. I didn't say Adams was Ricky's cryptonite did I? :D

Ask every player in the league, and something similar will spew out their mouth. Bottom line is, it's hard to stay healthy, and keep playing at that weight. Adam's will tire out fairly quickly. Once he faces the first 8-12 play drive, he won't be the same for the rest of the game.

Hopefully he will do better than in the past. He signed an incentive laden contract. It should be an interesting year for RW. I don't think he'll be the leading rusher in the NFL next year because of the AFCE preparing for him. Other divisions don't have that kind of competition.

Guys im as big of a dolphins fan as they come, but i dont expect RW to have as many yards as last year. The whole AFC east(including us) spent the offseason trying to improve defense. I think RW will have more touchdowns and more rec. and our offense will be much improved but getting 1800 in this division for any running back is like getting 2000+ in any other division w/ the additions the EAST has made. And to think S. Adams isn't an impact DT is crazy. I dont care if he weighed 400 lbs. i dont like the bills having him one bit, and i agree with the other bills fan in that Adams will do more healthy than Spikes will. And in general i think the whole NFL agrees that DT's are big time impact players, compare the # of DTs drafted in the first with the
# of LBs taken.

I think i just agreed with two different bills fans in one post,:eek: :eek: :eek:

Back
Top Bottom