Sam Adams- 350lbs! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sam Adams- 350lbs!

Originally posted by MarinoFan
I didn't say you did. I said some of your buddies. I was asking your opinion. Do you think Ricky can get 100 yards in a game against you next year? Is it possible, in your most honest opinion?

I wish Ricky would get 1000 in 2 games against you, but I know it aint happening. Also, I think you guys made enough moves to solidify your defense enough to not have a guy run rampant for 4 straight quarters. I think you'll do better against the run, but our offense will comensate with the pass. Ricky will get his 100 in each game, I believe.

ricky should get 100 yes.. unless we get up on you guys and you abandon the run.. or you pull a 4th quarter against the NE patriots, which sealed the deal on your playoff hopes..

but even at 100 yards a game, that is not going to get him back to 1800 yards..

there is no doubt that RW is a great back... but seriously, take a look at the last 20 years at the league leaders in rushing.. it is a tough thing to do it 2 years in a row.. edge did it, then blew a tire.. i think TD did it, then blew out too.. it just doesnt happen.. and if it does, it is normally a sign of over use and that is gonna shorten the guys nfl life.

also.. you have to account into last years 1800 yards rushing, that 6 games against the afc east were against pretty awful run defense.. do you think it is coincedence that henry had 1450 yards? we played the jets and pats too.. althought, he didnt do well against the pats because of the score, but made up for that schooling your number 3 defense for a buck 150 in both games i believe.

there were also some very good backs that missed time last year like priest and faulk that could have (not saying WOULD HAVE) given ricky a run for his money on that league leader title.

point is.. is ricky talented.. very.. is he good enough to lead the league again in rushing? yes.. are the yards gonna be as easy for any rushing attack in the afc east? not a chance. is it likely that ricky repeats at rushing leader?... history says no.

I'd like to see Sam Adam's ass on the field for a 7 minute drive. Let's see what impact he is making then. I am telling you, he'll plug the hole, but also, Nails will be pulling his way. Norv will find a way to nuetralize those guys. Nobody can tea off on this offense when it's at full strength, you just don't know what's gonna hit you. We have the best play-action in the league, thanks to RW.

Originally posted by justafan

Did I say we were better than the raiders last year? Compared to the bills of this year, I doubt the raiders' D last year will be better than what we have now.

Remember this is their first year together..They've got to get to know each other and jell together..so while on paper they look good, much like our D...it's on the field that they've got to prove themselves..I also think you've upgraded, but I don't know how much, simply because I haven't seem them play together..

Miami seems like they've upgraded D wise also..but again..it's on the field that really tells the tale..And I'm not sure if your D is better than the Oakland D..that D help them get to the SB..so until our D's do that, we can't say their better than a D that did.

To say what Ricky will do or not do against your D is unrealistic..This will be his 2nd year in this O..better understanding and all..and the 1st year for a lot of your new D personnel in your D..that combo..doesn't really tell a lot about what may happen for Rickly the O for Miami maybe ahead of your D..just because they understand their system better than your new guys in their first year...But all in all...time will tell when we see them this year.

Originally posted by MarinoFan
Okay, now that's a stretch. Your guys haven't stepped on the field while the Raiders went to the SB. You have no idea if all your new acquisitions will jel in time, or succeed in your defensive scheme. Now, you still haven't answred my question.

Oops, sorry there. I've stated that numerous times before, RW will get his 100 yards.

Stretch? Maybe . you are right , our D hasn't played a down but it is my opinion. Could be right or could be wrong. We've upgraded our coaching D from college coaches the past two years to ones that have experience.

Easy with the coffee. I didn't say Adams was Ricky's cryptonite did I? :D

I never said you said that. I said you were talking "LIKE" it... :goof: and you were...

I mean Its almost like the Phins could destroy Buffalo like 28-0 and you would come in here and go "See Ricky only got 165 yards, I told ya so... Yippee! Bills rule! Phins suck!".

Originally posted by DPlus47
wouldn't it be nice to see buffalo's defense on the field for 60 minutes?

No...we need the ball too, to score..So if they'll on the field 55 minutes and the bills hasn't scored and we have, then this would be nice.:lol:

History may say no my friend, and you are right on a lot of counts. BUT, if you look at all the games last year, you'll know Ricky was not overused. In fact, he had his best average later in the season, whereas, you'd think he would do his best being fresh at the beginning. I think Ricky is a new breed. Never seen a back pound the ball 30 times, then break one for 63 yards in the fourth. Just doesn't happen. Will Ricky lead the league, NOBODY knows. Now as far as him getting 100 per game, that gives him 1600. Now give him his usual burst every now and then, which if I am right, he had the most runs for over 20 yards last season, and that should easily put him over the top again. Ricky is as healthy as he's ever been. Hasn't been overused at all, so we'll just have to see.

Personally I don't care if he leads the league again. All we need is his presence. He demands respect, and that gives us the most effective play-action in this league.

Originally posted by 13isgr81

I never said you said that. I said you were talking "LIKE" it... :goof: and you were...

I mean Its almost like the Phins could destroy Buffalo like 28-0 and you would come in here and go "See Ricky only got 165 yards, I told ya so... Yippee! Bills rule! Phins suck!".

No I wasn't. I was only pushing Adams' name on Ricky because someone stated that RW ran over Adams when he was with the Raiders and implied he would do it just as easily. Adams alone can't stop anyone. He needs help and Pat is the guy to do it.

Wrong. I'd rather Ricky run for 400 yards as long as the fins lose.

Overused? For the first 10 games last year he was a 2 down back and STILL got over 1800 yards, if anything he was under-used....

Seems Bills fans are spending a lot of time espousing the weaknesses and problems that they are wishfully preceiving about Williams all in an effort to hide the truth... Which is that Ricky Williams scares the hell out of every single Bills fan alive...

No I wasn't. I was only pushing Adams' name on Ricky because someone stated that RW ran over Adams when he was with the Raiders and implied he would do it just as easily. Adams alone can't stop anyone. He needs help and Pat is the guy to do it.

Wrong. I'd rather Ricky run for 400 yards as long as the fins lose.

Sorry pal, but I need to stop you there. Pat MAY be the guy. You just don't know how it's gonna work out.:tongue:

Originally posted by Tatonka

:lol: dejavu.. rofl

If you find a way to mix Ray Lucas into that equation, it might just happen. Strange things happen when Ray is in the game.

if ricky ran for over 250 yards.. why would you even need to pass enough to give up 3 picks in a game?

Originally posted by stan marino
"I dont see Sam Adams as any force to be reckoned with except that he will make the occasional big play and plug the middle so the LB's can move around. "finfAn54.....Uhmm isnt that exactly what u want a Dt to do???

exactly what you want a DT like that to do... I will remind you Phin fans how Ricky Williams had trouble running the ball Vs the Packers last year (14 carries for 47 yards 3.4 avg).. A big reason for that was because of a BIG beefy Gilbert Brown in the middle.

Back
Top Bottom