Sam Brenner | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sam Brenner

Garner is a good player inside and I continue to argue that he is a more complete and consistent player than Lazy John Jerry.

I tried to watch him closely every down. Only saw him truly beat a couple of times. When he was signed to the roster I assumed it was just to have a backup center suited up. Even though he did well enough, what does it say about Watkins and Thomas that we started him?

I haven't seen or heard anything good about Dallas so far, and don't know on Watkins. Seemed like a very strange choice but, worked out well.

Garner is a good player inside and I continue to argue that he is a more complete and consistent player than Lazy John Jerry.

Not a fan of Garner. He is a little better than Jerry in run block but worse in pass protect.

I seriously winced when I heard he was starting but wow did he prove me wrong. Really promising start for him and I pray he can be consistent and contribute moving forward

I thought Brenner showed some good movement and competitiveness. He seems vulnerable to being overpowered at times. He is someone to keep working with over time to see how he develops as he gets stronger.

It was interesting that he got the start over Danny Watkins.

thats exactly what my buddy said today.

Not a fan of Garner. He is a little better than Jerry in run block but worse in pass protect.

yeah but so valuable as a guy who can play every position. Make him that every year. Your 9th guy. Unitl he permanently gets hurt.

I mean we are without 3 starters and he came in and did pretty good job today.

On Brennen, in preseason I remember two things, he was versatile playing center and G and he was liked by the coaches or mentioned more than the other no names.

In preseason, its easy to get picked on as an OL when part of a larger group that doesnt look good, but you put them in with starters and you can look a lot better.

John Jerry is supposed to be athletic, but his quick twitch muscles seem to be non-existent. He's really slow getting off the stance.

LD

yeah but so valuable as a guy who can play every position. Make him that every year. Your 9th guy. Unitl he permanently gets hurt.

I mean we are without 3 starters and he came in and did pretty good job today.

On Brennen, in preseason I remember two things, he was versatile playing center and G and he was liked by the coaches or mentioned more than the other no names.

In preseason, its easy to get picked on as an OL when part of a larger group that doesnt look good, but you put them in with starters and you can look a lot better.

Agreed. Garner's value is his versatility and is a good backup across the OL, just not a starter.

John Jerry is supposed to be athletic, but his quick twitch muscles seem to be non-existent. He's really slow getting off the stance.

LD

After the slow start coming off injury, Jerry now grades out as the best pass blocker on the OL. Over the last four games, he has given up 1 sack, 0 QB hits, and 0 hurries. Problem is being bad on the run.

Garner is not a great player, but he came in after the Incognito thing and there's no arguing the line's been much better in recent weeks than the rest of the year. A lot of that is McKinney, but still.

Sometimes, all you have to do is be steady. Dont be lost. Mckinney looked to be coaching him on one play at the LOS.

Odd isnt it? A guy who got here 3 weeks ago is schooling a rook who was here in preseason.

No. not at all.

Back
Top Bottom