SAN FRAN RECORD TRACKER FOR OUR FIRST ROUND PICK | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SAN FRAN RECORD TRACKER FOR OUR FIRST ROUND PICK

Falcons and Panthers being competitive really helps us out as the Niners travel to Carolina and Atlanta back to back after hosting the Rams next week.

Hopefully that east coast trips proves to be too much for the west coast Niners. I’ll take a split there for sure. Niners schedule gets brutal after that.

Their losses to the Bears and now Denver are gifts from the football gods.

If Carolina and ATL can manage to win those games — look out!

Yeah, it’s early and a lot can still happen — but so far my opinion from the off-season is looking pretty good.

I argued that at least 1 and possibly 2 of those AFC West teams weren’t going to make the postseason. I had people arguing that ALL 4 would make it. I called shenanigans on that.

Denver looks awful offensively. LAC looks overrated per usual. And the Raiders are 0-3.

Even KC looks like they have slipped a bit.
Don’t think for a minute they don’t miss Tyreek

Don’t think for a minute they don’t miss Tyreek

I sure don’t think that.

I’ve said it many times, no other non-QB makes the impact Tyreek Hill does. Even today while his stats were small, his impact was large.

His mere presence on the field creates opportunities for others that wouldn’t be there otherwise.

IIRC he drew attention away from Waddle on the 45-yard play of the game.

I don’t know where we will pick but I would like a LB in round 1… not really impressed by Roberts speed or Bakers instincts to start our season.

I don’t know where we will pick but I would like a LB in round 1… not really impressed by Roberts speed or Bakers instincts to start our season.

I think Baker's played well, maybe as well as he ever has. Jaelan Phillips has played poorly so far, IMO. Roberts ultimately will be replaceable but we shouldn't make the mistake of reaching for an LB when we can get one just as good later or in free agency while passing on a player at a different position who could be a bigger difference-maker. Heck, by next year, Tindall might be ready to start over Roberts and the problem's solved.

hollywood wilson got us another victory.

Jimmy G did not look good in the loss..

I think Baker's played well, maybe as well as he ever has. Jaelan Phillips has played poorly so far, IMO. Roberts ultimately will be replaceable but we shouldn't make the mistake of reaching for an LB when we can get one just as good later or in free agency while passing on a player at a different position who could be a bigger difference-maker. Heck, by next year, Tindall might be ready to start over Roberts and the problem's solved.
Depending on where we select, I could see us taking an Edge, a LB, a DT, or even a CB or RB with that pick.

We've got a number of players in these positions who are aging or free agents to be.

In a perfect world, I'd like to take an Ogbah style DE... a little heavier than some of the pure edge-rushing blitzer types that many here favour. I think our scheme thrives with the heavier ends who can hold the corner, and I hesitate to think about how much we'd fall off if Ogbah were injured.

100% agree but that pick is unlikely to be used on that position, unless San Fran has a strong end to their season and we aren't anywhere near the top 10.

But ya, those LB's are obviously a weakness.

All those 2 yard runs that turn into 4 and 5 yard runs are brutal to watch.

With all of these big contracts coming up the first two picks have to be premium positions IMHO. LB and RB are my favorite positions but I’d be floored if either are selected in the first few rounds.

With all of these big contracts coming up the first two picks have to be premium positions IMHO. LB and RB are my favorite positions but I’d be floored if either are selected in the first few rounds.

RB is a strong second round possibly, you never know who will be there at 64. 😉

But ya definitely not a first round position.

I’m of the mind set right now that we might move heaven and earth for Will Anderson Jr. to replace AVG. We’re going to have to deal with Mahomes, Herbert, Allen and Jackson in the AFC for awhile and we need defensive weapons.

RB is a strong second round possibly, you never know who will be there at 64. 😉

But ya definitely not a first round position.

I’m of the mind set right now that we might move heaven and earth for Will Anderson Jr. to replace AVG. We’re going to have to deal with Mahomes, Herbert, Allen and Jackson in the AFC for awhile and we need defensive weapons.
There’s not going to be any “moving heaven and earth” to get him. But only bc the first team that doesn’t need/want one of the top 2 QBs is taking him and not looking back.

(Obviously a lot changes between now and the draft. Burrow wasn’t a projected top pick in September of 2020. But that’s where things stand today)

That’s why we’d need to be top 3 to have a chance.

Back
Top Bottom